"Identifying" AMP patrons cars

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by genius, Jun 4, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. genius

genius

I've often thought about exactly that and here is my thinking:
    1. If the place is under surveillance what LE would do is have a camera on the front door and when the guy comes out after the session watch what car he goes to and either stop and question him there or pull him over a few blocks away for a "routine" traffic stop to get an ID for later use.
    2. The guy went back to a foreign made car - not an American made unmarked type as used by LE.
    3. The day nor time of day was mentioned which is why a brief and vague description of the car was required.
    4. I am a bit athletic, constantly getting sore muscles and have been looking for an inexpensive legit place where I can get someone who knows how to massage. Whenever I encounter a situation where more than massage is offered (would you believe that ND runs ads in the "licensed massage" section of the classified's where a phoney license # is given and the ad is not legit?) I am "shocked, simply shocked", ask for my money back and leave.

5. I have a vivid imagination. Everything I wrote about (including what I didn't write about such as when personally flushing evidence down the toilet) was total fiction. It didn't happen and as far as I can tell, writing fiction on a whore board is not illegal (this is important to me as I would never do anything illegal - just the honest citizen type of guy I am.)

6. I have a couple of UG buddies that I trust and converse with (mostly via elclctronic mail). It took a long time before trust was established. There is no one else I can do this with.

7. I get off on knowing that there are others out there and I bump into them from time to time.

8. No one (IMHO) who is totally rational, does the activities posted on this board. The element of risk is part of the high. The thing to do is to keep an element of risk there but also keep the probability of detection low.

That said - So hey, guy with the Sliver VW, are you a UG'er?
  2. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

That's what I thought when I read the post...
  3. Daddycool

Daddycool

I don't think you outed anyone. You were vague enough.
  4. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Personally, considering how generic the info genius posted was, I don't think it is a big deal. However, others may not be as discrete and that could/would be a big problem.

Personally, I don't ever mention anything that could be used to identify me. If anything, genius outed himself more than the other monger. That's his call. I wouldn't do it but that's my choice.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  5. genius

genius

I know the answer I would give - there have been posts by others where they saw a "guy in a baseball cap around 1pm - were you an UG'er?" and the like and I see nothing wrong with it. That doesn't mean that many guys on UG agree with me. The guy I saw, if he is a UG'er. obviously knows who GENIUS is now as I did the post describing my experience in detail.

I really don't know whether or not I should post such (seemingly harmless IMHO) info.
  6. Aegis911

Aegis911

Why post when you already know the answer to your question?
  7. genius

genius

It was one of the vanity plates that people get with clever arrangements of the letters when sounded out describe themselves.

right I remember it now : IMAHOLE

Sounds like it could have been you - hope you dont mind being outed.
  8. mr. f

mr. f

What was the license plate number. It may have been me.
  9. genius

genius

Then perhaps I should of said ""Right behind me was another living thing who heard the same thing and left the area (UG'er?)." This way no one would know if I was talking about a guy or gal or monkey and whether or not he/she/it came by car, train, helicopter, horse or just walked (oops, walking implies he/she could walk- that eliminates people in wheel chairs).

The point is that there is always someone who can get offended by something said even though no offense was intended.

It's also (very) possible that I was out of line in my statement even though it was intended as a wink, wink, nudge, nudge type "were you one of us" question.

I just want to know which or if it is some where in between.
  10. Aegis911

Aegis911

Apparently it offended someone. Why look for trouble? I agree it was innocuous but why make an issue of it?

Don't ever post any information that could identify anyone.

Move on.
  11. genius

genius

Recently I did a review of an AMP and when I rang the the bell the women came out and said she was busy and come back later. There was a guy behind me and I posted:

"Right behind me was an other guy who heard the same thing and headed back to his Silver VW (UG'er?)."

A least two guys took exception to the appropriateness of posting the color and make of the guy's car in a public forum.

When I posted the info I purposefully kept the description generic enough i.e. I did not describe the guy nor the year, and model and other identifying characteristics such as bumper stickers etc, as to not "out" the guy but if he was a UG'er he would know it was me who was in front of him when he read my post. There are a lot of silver VW's of any year and model type on Long Island.

Your comments please.