Internet Boards more harm than good ?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Slinky Bender, Feb 6, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. robnotbob

robnotbob

Speaking only for myself (of course) I have reviewed a couple of NY Mag places on other boards which shall remain nameless. Have also reviewed a couple of Westchester places that advertise in Journal News (wetschester paper). However, due to the price point of some of these "NY Mag" places, I would rather NOT bird-dog it and spend my money on..not necssariliy a "sure thing", but a session where I get service for my money, not ripped off. I was one of the few to review Darae 54 in Elmsford, although I know a bunch of guys went there. They just didn't know about or care to post reviews on the boards.

I know I have just typed horrible English, but there you go.
  2. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

I don't disagree about the "under the radar girls", but that's something you can't do a lot about. But how about those girls who aren't under the radar. They're not hiding, they're advertising ( perhaps not on the internet ). For eample, in this week's NY Magazine, there are 82 ads for "Massage", at least 6 of which I know are Incall Houses, as well as 63 ads for "Role Play". How many of those have we seen on any of the boards ?
  3. Phantom

Phantom

There's no doubt in my mind that there are many girls so far under the radar that unless you are very connected you will never get the opportunity to experience them.
  4. ryan

ryan

I do agree however, there is a ton of stuff out there that hasn't been reported on. Just please don't ask me to look into the TS/TV
  5. ryan

ryan

I don't agree, most guys combine the known with the unknown, we have all been dogmen at one time or another (ie. testing unchartered territory).

You're just trying to stir up debate and get us posting again...
  6. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

The more I read these boards, the more I realize that the relationship to the industry is like an iceberg. Very little is actually exposed, and you just see the tip. What happens is that it is so much easier to determine what is ( somewhat ) a sure thing, that much less energy is spent searching out new stuff.

There are tons of "resources" which no one seems to talk much about. Examples here in New York are NY Magazine and The Village Voice, but there are tons of others. I'm sure it's the same all over. There are also all sorts of alternative experinces - B&D, S&M, Tranvestism, TV/TS's, infantilism, etc.

We don't even talk all that much about the various incall places ( we are lucky enough to be visited here by some of the NY Houses, which is rare, but again, we're seeing just the tip of the iceberg with them ).

As a result of the information we get, we tend only to follow in the foosteps of those who have gone before us, and the path is very narrow. If there were no such narrow path, we might be forced to adventure off, finding new places.

So, is it really a good thing that we have made it so easy to keep going for the "sure thing" and not have to find new, different adventures for ourselves ? I'm not so sure anymore.