Irvington bars

Discussion in 'Northern New Jersey' started by sod, Dec 8, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. azzure

azzure Vin Diesel

Thanks THORN - first rate post.
  2. tekwrek

tekwrek

Bottom's Up

Went there this afternoon. Ugh. 3 girls, no one dancing. I was the youngest patron by 20 years (and I'm 40). The other patrons were watching the Met game.
    Drove past Vic's. No nearby parking, couldn't tell what the deal was so I passed on it. Should have checked it out.
  3. stagger

stagger Known shill and theif

Thanks for the update . Will try next week for a visit. Damm I miss the tap.
  4. gypsy

gypsy banned

I felt pretty safe there, the owner Roy and his kid is always around looking after his guests. I prefer to go there in the daytime.
  5. stagger

Vic's

gypsy

I'm an old tap room guy who is still in mourning. Were you safe there? Without Jimmy ( the bartender @ tap ) controling the hangers on outside, I'm worried.

I hear that you have to go during the day is you want to survive.
  6. gypsy

gypsy banned

I was at Vic's place yesterday at about 2pm, the place was very crowded, had to wait awile before getting a bar stool to sit on. There were a lot about 20 girls, most of them dogs but there were at least 5 who were good. All of them ready for action.
    What about the bars?,any reports?
  7. pist

pist

bottoms up is worth hitting up after 7pm... i dont know that i would go there with my new car (convertable) but i felt comfortable there with my old car (infiniti) the camera is out in plain view on the side of the building and the bartender usually hangs over by the monitor... then again that was before 7pm and he leaves at 7 because thats when the owner gets there and thats where the action starts so he told me
  8. stagger

1053 Clinton Ave, Irvington
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2002
  9. gsxrjoe

gsxrjoe

Does anyone have an exact address if this "Champagne Room?"
  10. stagger

Champage Room?

I was in the tap room on the day before the close. They were handing out fliers that said all the girls were going to the Champagne Room. Have not been there myself. Heard the area is just as bad as the tap room, so you have to be careful.
    Even though the tap was in a rough area, if you went in the day, and parked in the back , it was pretty safe.

Exit 143 . go 3 lights, right , bar on left.

Let me know if anybody goes.
  11. gypsy

gypsy banned

Now that the Towne Tap is closed down, are the other bars still in operation?. Any other good action nearby?
  12. stagger

Tap Room

Its like the death of my best friend.
  13. tekwrek

tekwrek

I had occasion to be in the area this evening around 9:30 so I decided to take a drive and check some of the bars out. I drove past such places as Vic's, Pacemakers, World Paradise and Bottoms Up. Let me tell you, I am usually daring, but as I am not a man of color and just reaching the wrong side of 40, judging by the people walking in and out, I would feel very out of place. Seeing as I had my yuppiemobile and the lateness of the hour, I decided discretion was the better part of valor.
    Of course, now my curiosity is piqued so I was wondering if I tried again on a Saturday Afternoon would I feel any more comfortable and which bar would someone suggest. Can't do anything about the car, but I will put my worst pair of jeans on for the occasion.
  14. pist

pist

well i decided to go regardless of possible LE heat... i figured that if this place was a sting then they wouldnt have people being jerked off in public... anyway i parked at the bank right next door and went in... about 5 or 6 girls there... 2 who looked pretty good (one with peaches tattooed on her arm and the other was a nice latina chick) the other girls were mediocre... no real pigs that i saw... so anyway the place was packed so all i did was have a beer, chat with the local crackhead who tried to hustle me for a free drink... i tried to understand his garbled words but most i missed... i thought i heard him mention that the tap was tipped off about a raid comming up... after a short chat i decided to leave because the girl to guy ratio was like 1 for 15 or so... had it been less packed i would have stuck around but given the ratio and the shady types outside i decided to leave... then i went over to bottoms up, 2 russian girls dancing there: madonna, about a 6.5 on the face and a 7.5 on the body and some other blonde russian who's name i didnt catch (cute face about a 7.5, body a little flabby but not that bad about a 5.5) i chatted it up with the bartender a little bit and he told me that the tap was having its liquor liscense pulled after friday... i asked him about lap dances and he said they werent availible until the owner got there at 7, when i asked him why not he said because he didnt want to go to jail... there is definately milage after 7... coaxed madonna into a semi lap dance and she came around the bar and i roamed around her for a while... very little skin being shown by the girls on stage... usually that pisses me off but based on my experience today i would say this place is worth hitting for some extras after 7.... its on a main drag and the lot has a camera you can see from the bar
  15. pist

pist

just called the tap to find out what bank is by them... a lady picked up the phone and answered and she informed me that they are closing for good and friday will be the last day that they are open... im not sure what this is because of but it makes me reluctant to go... i had not heard of any women working behind the bar... if i decide to go ill post again and let you guys know whats up
  16. gypsy

gypsy banned

Bars

I have been to Vic's place many times. The best time to go is from 12:30pm to 5:00 pm,after that it gets very crowded. You have to buy your first drink $3.50 as you are walking in. There are a few fairly nice girls. Blaclk, hispanic, South American, Eastern European and very rarely an Asian. Quick feel $1.00, Lap Dance $5.00, HJ $10.00. You can get FS seated on a Bar stool with her on your lap for $20. Never seen a BJ there. I park my car on the one way streets on either side of the bar. You can also take the girls to a Motel for $50-100. There is also street action on 18th Ave, Nye ave and Springfield Ave.
  17. pist

pist

anyone know what the name of the bank by the tap is that you can park at? also how far away is it? if things work out tomorrow im gonna hit the tap
  18. has1

has1

do both the tap and bottoms up still have planty of extra mileage lately? thinking of taking a trip on my day off next week
  19. drojek

drojek

That and a lot more...be careful, especially at night...

This is specific to the Tap & some of the other Irvington establishments, not Bottom's Up, which is relatively safe as mentioned above.
    Last edited: May 11, 2002
  20. tonka

tonka

Don't be overly concerned, use common sense when you're in that kind of neighborhood. Not to mention, you're on a very busy avenue, and the Irvington police dept is 2 blocks away on Civic Square. Peace, P.S., I'm talking about Bottom's Up.