It's all in the details

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Banacek, Mar 3, 2016.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. genius

genius

I agree that he couldn't have made off with very much - but IMHO, many of these high risk of seriously getting shot and high probability of getting caught are from someone just interested in getting enough money to get them past their, ahem, immediate needs.

The real big payoff, low physical risk and low risk of getting caught thefts doesn't involve the crass robbery methods and doesn't involve money in the form of greenbacks.
  2. qvallstar

qvallstar

When I worked retail the till had only $500 so I wouldnt think they would have more. Plus these days most companies clear the box when it reaches an excess $$ so I don't think he made off with much.
  3. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

When I was young and spent a lot of time on Long Island we used to joke that the safest place was Dunkin' Donuts because they will never get robbed.
  4. genius

genius

What kind of idiot robs a Dunkin Donuts? Probably would be safer for the robber to rob a store next to a police booth.
    Also, depending on the manager, the amount of reported cash stolen may be more than the amount taken by the robber. You know how to identify the manger - he is the one a week after the robbery with the new iphone and watch.
    Banacek likes this.
  5. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

Probably. And I guess that the amount of cash is known, just not disclosed. But you still gotta scratch your head at the details. Like, what relevance is there to the story that the cashier is 33 years old? And how come no one else saw which way the guy went? That's a pretty busy shopping center. It's one center south of Fairway.
  6. TheRicker

TheRicker

I'm assuming the camera system led to the time and possibly the different color shoes.
  7. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

It's like some of the newbie reviews her on UG (or most of the reviews some other places).
  8. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

Gotta love the details in crime news reports sometimes. Take this story for example:

Man Robs Plainview Dunkin' Donuts at Knifepoint

Police are looking to identify the man who robbed a Plainview Dunkin’ Donuts at knifepoint Wednesday night.

According to authorities, the man entered Dunkin’ Donuts, located inside the Manetto Hill Shopping Center, walked behind the counter, displayed a large knife and demanded the 33-year-old female employee to open the register at 9:28 p.m.

The robber fled on foot in an unknown direction with an undisclosed amount of cash, police said.

No injuries were reported.

Police described the robber as Indian, in his 30s, and wearing a black hooded jacket, blue jeans, a black sneaker on his right foot, a brown sneaker on his left foot, gloves and a scarf over his face.

So, let me get this straight. You didn't bother to see which direction he ran in nor were you aware how much was in the till, but you had the foresight to glance at the clock and his sneakers.

Slinky Bender likes this.