Janelle (somewhat long)

Discussion in 'New York' started by thrilla, May 23, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

think

[Edited by Judge Crater on 07-25-2001 at 05:29 PM]
  2. DannyNJ

DannyNJ

badz - your post was the most sensible one I've seen on this subject. Let's drop it already - it's gotten old.
  3. Candide

Candide

The only person who ever really helped me was a stranger....my psychiatrist. He fought for me, he got me on my feet, he taught me how to take care of myself and he gave me the tools to help myself. My parents, friends and lovers couldnt do it. Not that I blame them...

If people didn't wait for someone close to help, Kitty Genovese wouldn't have been stabbed to death behind some bushes in Kew Gardens within ear shot of hundreds of people. Just my opinion.

I am waiting for people close to J. and Patty and a few others to show them this thread, for a change. Not my phone call but reading this thread will help them. Then they will know someone cares appropriately.

[Edited by Candide on 05-28-2001 at 12:20 PM]
  4. badz

badz Bronze

being dragged into the whole thing 6 months ago accidentally, i wasn't going to say anything, but i change my mind... the best help that you guys can give her is to leave her alone. if she needs help, she'll get it from someone close to her. not from strangers. nuff said... bye
  5. nycjohn25

nycjohn25

Justme

The answer is no it doesn't matter.

I'm not saying tha Janelle shouldn't be helped.

THe problem is how are we going to help her and who is going to help her?
  6. Ozzy

Ozzy

:mad:z

[Edited by Ozzy on 05-27-2001 at 05:13 PM]
  7. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

NYCJohn25 - Let me ask you a simple question:

Does the way a group treats one person have anything at all to do with whether or not a completely different person should be helped?
  8. nycjohn25

nycjohn25

Ozzy, I for one never knew what happened six months ago on Jag with you and the others on this subject matter of Janelle.

But from your posts I would guess that there was no one willing to help on jag.
  9. Ozzy

Ozzy

:confused:z

[Edited by Ozzy on 05-28-2001 at 02:33 AM]
  10. frog

frog

oz, posting someone's first name isn't such a cardinal sin. She has chosen to use that name for quite some time and I would have assumed that is was assumed.

Not that I am for violence toward women in general or to J in particular, I too am against making special rules. Am even against thrilla going back and self-censoring since a) that post was not incendiary and b) it was a useful review. This has obviously become a personal issue for a lot of people and I think that if you fall into this camp, you need to take some sort of action, but creating more stir on these boards is probably not helpful. I also feel that there are many J situations out there, yet no one rallies for them. Is there a such a large difference between J and H (wh.l)? Aside from looks and education.
  11. MrNY

MrNY Subject to blackouts

are you talkin' tu me ?

12. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

Taxi Driver To The Rescue!

Go get her Travis!
  13. TravisBickle

TravisBickle

DOn't worry, I'll save Janelle.

Travis Bickle
    (Taxi Driver)
  14. Ozzy

Ozzy

;)z

[Edited by Ozzy on 05-27-2001 at 05:12 PM]
  15. nycjohn25

nycjohn25

From reviews of Patty, some people says she sounds like she isn't there. She talk too much and doesn't make sense. In one review, someone stated she had drunk too much alcohol because of her breath. And another states that she seems to have done too many drugs.

I'm not saying to save everyone in the world. I'm just making a statement.

It is true if J wasn't pretty no one would really care.
  16. candie

candie

Bill F you are toooooo funny.

I have no clue what this is about but then I am happy I don't!!!

One thing is for sure but I will email instead of writing ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Candide when you have time could you email me?

[Edited by candie on 05-26-2001 at 06:33 PM]
  17. littleguy

littleguy Gold

nycjohn,

The point is Patty has never (at least that I've heard) been described as having the problems that Janelle is having.

Candide,

e-mail me and I will give you contact information for Janelle, unless a certain other person here has a good reason for me NOT to do so. Any you know who you are. Actually I am a bit surprised if nobody has yet given Candide J's contact info.

If not, why not ? She' seems to be in a postiton to help J.
  18. ew

ew Silver

Patty is still around, even has a website now.

A review popped up in JAG aweek or so ago.

Janelle inspires codependency, my guess is it will end up the same way it did last time.
  19. nycjohn25

nycjohn25

Ozzy, I didn't know Patty was missing in action.

Second, I know that Janelle needs more than AA or NA.
  20. MrNY

MrNY Subject to blackouts

Candide......

"...I'm wondering who MrNY was talking about in his post. Any ideas there? ..."

i had inquired about someone in my area - j was mentioned in passing

wanting to meet her - i inquired more and was politely discouraged

not understanding, until reading this thread what the situation is/was ...

agreeing with you, not to "prey" on the weak - I opted to look elsewhere - my post was simply a "coded-message" to a friend/collegue/frat brother...

i suggest we let this thread just trickle into obscurity and not revisit the subject for j's welfare..

MrNY (TC - MrNY out !)