Janes Place

Discussion in 'New York' started by wimpy, Sep 27, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. jmcurry

jmcurry The Insider

Janes definitely demanded a tip. The phone person, when Janes was on 71st and on 17th, got in your face about tipping. I haven't visited them since they left 17th, but that attitude is consistent with early iterations of that house.
  2. Jimmy69

Jimmy69 My IQ is room temperature

From Devon? That's hard to believe cause she was even checking me for crabs. Took her about 10 minutes to do so and then she said she couldn't get on top cause she had a bad back.

This was up at Ruby's in the 70's ('96 or '97 can't remember the exact year). My favorite girl there was Clair. Very energetic early 20's girl. She was actually my first incall expirence.
  3. sunshine40

sunshine40 AKA IQ40

Devon

Gentlemen,
    Actually Devon has resurfaced at Kama Sutra. I myself have had the usual attitude from her. Unfortunate, I think she is rather attractive, yet her personality, or lack of one, puts me off to ever see her! I know Indra, the owner, of Kama Sutra and she has laid down the law with her. One complaint and she is out. I can't imagine why anyone would want to try, knowing her past but heck, now you have the low down! Quite frankly I have been laying off the hobby a while. I am saving up to buy Devon a personality....ha ha ha
  4. zipper

zipper

you didnt miss out little guy, devon photographed well but was haggard in person. yes the no positions was due to the back surgery. big scar.
  5. littleguy

littleguy Gold

I'm (back) in the hobby about 3 years now. Never went to Janes's but I always heard Jane's was $200 plus a MANDATORY $40 tip.

Devon's always been known as a terrible experience . Too bad because she looks terrific.
  6. goth

goth

Supposely due to her back surgery problem. She's got a huge scar on her back.
  7. skagen

skagen

Wimpy, I had the exact same experience with Devon - always "busy" and then one day the phone lady game me the scoop about the race thing. But eventually I got a session with her towards the end of the time they were West 71st. Unfortunately, it was dissapointing - really lackluster, wouldn't do cowgirl, doggie nothing except missionary.

I think what happened is that as time went on she had worn out her welcome with a lot of regulars. So in order to make money she consented to taking clients that she would have normally excluded in the past based on race.

Either way, she really wasted her talent.
  8. wimpy

wimpy

And speaking of Devon

When she was at Ruby/Janes, I always wanted to see her. But everytime I'd show she was busy. Finally the phone lady told me that Devon did not see "Minorities". To make a long story short and without getting into the black/white thing...I saw her at PIT a few years ago. Session was actually pretty good. I got a bbbj,multiple positions and offered Greek for $$ extra. I then asked her about the black/white issue. She claimed that it was not true and she does see black men. She lied. But so what.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2002
  9. zipper

zipper

yes, tipping is mandatory. i asked same thing, why dont you just raise yer rates? was told "we have the best girls at the best prices to make it affordable to tip the girl directly" oh please. and yes skagen, i remember devon, she was the nastiest. is she still working for paris in town?
  10. wimpy

wimpy

Judge,

I have been to Janes before. When the were in the 70's with the duplex and when they were on 17th street. I had not been there in awhile. But the phone lady told me tipping is mandatory. I'll go to Julies or Jillians.

Peace
  11. skagen

skagen

With Jane's it is not a race thing - they're equal opportunity sharks. I know a wide variety of people who have complained about their not-so-subtle hints about tips.

I myself had one or two good experiences with them when they were on 71 St (Rosie and another girl, long gone), but most of my experienced there were underwhelming. But hey anyone who employed the infamous Devon for THAT long couldn't possibly be cherish their customers.
  12. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

Wimpy:

I've never been informed by Janes of any mandatory tipping policy and I've been going there for quite some time. Was interested in Paulina based on new website pics and description alone. Hard to get an appointment with some independents when the impulse strikes. Hence, my interest. Will rethink my next trip there if I hear the same thing when I call.

Are you a new client there? Do you think they were they being discriminatory and rudely attempting to serve notice that you would not be allowed to be cheap and rough mannered?

I recall from earlier threads that you are black. These would appear to be the common sterotypes of black johns held by prostitutes and brothels which do engage in discriminatory practices. Not interested in patronizing Janes if they do engage in discrimination.

Best regards,

Judge Crater
  13. Mallicca

Mallicca

How much is the mandatory tipping?

Do they allow multiple cups?
  14. wimpy

wimpy

What if you called an Incall Location and inquired about pricing. Then the phone lady tells you the pricing and then adds "tipping is mandatory". I asked why not just raise the fucking price and stop trying to hose people.

Tipping is something earned not mandatory. I hate dealing with house. These days only independants!!