Knowing what you know now..........

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by backfinger, Jan 5, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. kunny

kunny

Your dad was probably correct. I agree with the rest of the posters about mongering. I would have saved more of my money for mongering instead of spending it on bullshit. I would have gotten married because I love having a warm body in bed, home-cooked meal, bbfs occassionaly.

For the times when I needed some pussy and wifey wasn't accomadting, I'd go to see my "friends".
  2. rob load

rob load

As Kramer said in a episode of Seinfield........"MARRIAGE IS A SELF MADE PRISON".....Seems society of today must reevaluate the prospect of a modern marriage.Divorce rates over 50%, More then half of all marriages fail.Every couple says "well that's not us" but more then likely it is...
  3. moneyshotsnj

moneyshotsnj

But they wish they were!
  4. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

I'd do it again, because I love my kids.

I'd start mongering earlier and I wouldn't have dissolved my first marriage.

Sex workers are a marriage's best friend (especially if you have a bunch of children)
  5. curious

curious

That's sort of the problem with self-selecting groups.
  6. SubmissiveAngel

SubmissiveAngel

skew(er)ed sample

i'm guessing that the millions of american men who are happily married aren't hovering around UG to answer questions like these...
  7. njbandit

njbandit

People are just living too long with modern medicine and all that. Back in the old days marriages lasted because the duration would be something like fifty years if you're lucky.
  8. TNA

TNA

To me marriage is simply UNNATURAL. I can only say that having been snared and still living in a state of suspended animation. I relaly think the marriage thing is completely against what it is to be male and have testosterone flowing freely in the bloodstream. Socially makes sense for childrearing and consequently, society building. But paradoxically, it still seems UNNATURAL from personal perspective.
  9. smileee

smileee

Statistics

QUOTE "That is why in second marriages, if you are dumb enough to do it, you can set the parameters up front and you know what you want and what to expect."

FYI...The rate of divorce in second marriages in higher than the first. Apparently,if you set parameters up front or in back it doesn't mean a damn thing!
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  10. Smoke&Mirrors

Smoke&Mirrors banned

Been there _____ _____:

He warned you, and like the know it all in most everyone, you scoffed at his advice. Looking at life the way it is today, one would have to be declared Mentally INSANE to ever want to go through with nuptuals.
  11. Rokin

Rokin

Most are.
    Luckily, my wife is completely sane. Saner than me and mostly everyone I have ever met.
    Problem with first marriages is that you don't know what you are getting into and unless you are lucky you are in deep shit.
    That is why in second marriages, if you are dumb enough to do it, you can set the parameters up front and you know what you want and what to expect.
  12. bushleaguer

bushleaguer The CDC

Living in a marriage that is about to come to an end, I can totally relate to where your Dad was coming from.
    But then I wonder....is it just me? Given the increasing rate of divorce, I wonder if this generation has been indoctrinated in the "point and click" culture (or whatever they call it).....if you don't like what you see, just change the channel (or web browser) and move on to something else. My grandparents went the distance, as did my great grandparents. I don't know if it was because divorce was just something you didn't do....or the thinking of "till death do we part" is old. Personally, I don't think I should have gotten married to begin with, and I am looking forward to living on my own. Well, it didn't help that my wife completely let herself go and would sit around and shotgun a sleeve of oreos while her weight was increasing as fast as the national debt.
    Perhaps men aren't wired for marriage (taking into consideration the whole hunter/gatherer instinct). I don't know if I will get married again - probably not. Would I recommend it to someone - probably not. I don't know about the whole "soul mate" thing....but perhaps that is because I didn't find mine. Well, I do know that I am going to enjoy the bachelor life for a good long while. The prospect of this impending divorce is ugly.
  13. backfinger

backfinger

That women are crazy

Finger
  14. backfinger

backfinger

Amen to that

finger
  15. Rokin

Rokin

His father was probably correct
  16. BigMadM

BigMadM Linoleum

its your own fault, you should have listened to your father, he was wise.
  17. yamaha

yamaha

what i know now is the same thing i new then so what i am tring to say is i still no nothing except i like to monger alot and have fun. then go home to a nice hot meal, great conversation and someone who i know really loves me. i hope my words of wisdom help you. have fun be safe
  18. Rokin

Rokin

Well.
    Are you still getting it every night the way you want it.
    What do you know now that you didn't know then?
  19. backfinger

backfinger

The only words of wisdom my old man gave me before I got married was........
    what the f--k is wrong with you. Me being young and getting it every night did not listen. Now being married for over 20 years and knowing what I know now often wonder about my fathers advise--my he rest in peace.
    Agree or disagree....

Finger