last lines

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by sallysts, Aug 4, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. sallysts

sallysts

Cheney--"If we were to do it (Iraq) all over again, we would do it the same way."

That has to be in the top 5 knucklehead statements ever.
  2. Duckman

Duckman Moderator

I believe any kind of know-it-all is stupid. Any kind.
  3. Mr. User Name

Mr. User Name

Some of us knew that without having to look it up.
  4. Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address, November 19, 1863
  5. Mr. User Name

Mr. User Name

That's why you don't understant how truly stupid those know-it-all Democrats really are.
  6. Duckman

Duckman Moderator

Nope. Don't care either.
  7. Mr. User Name

Mr. User Name

The Declaration is mentioned, but it is not cited as Fuckhead attempted to say. Do you have any idea from whence the citation of post #40 derives ?
  8. Duckman

Duckman Moderator

Really? Message #40 says nothing about the DOI? No mention of it all?
  9. Mr. User Name

Mr. User Name

You should try to sober up before you post.
    If you read it again, you will see that no one was quoting either the Declaration or the Constitution.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  10. Duckman

Duckman Moderator

Declaration of Independence is an interesting one to quote. The whole premise of why the US was allowed to come into being is because there is a G-d. Guess that's why the DOI is not the law of the land but the Constitution is. But the Constitution was allowed to come into existence because.....oh, never mind.
  11. sallysts

sallysts

If you complain of not having anything to do, How do you know when you are done?
  12. sallysts

sallysts

Another great line. President Bush announced today that "The Gulf rebuilding is going to take time." Ya think?
  13. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/thebeat?bid=1&pid=108193

"some Connecticut Republicans have again been discussing the prospect that a defeated Lieberman might find a new political home on the GOP line. The campaign of the endorsed Republican candidate for the Connecticut Senate seat, former legislator Alan Schlesinger, has been rocked by charges that he may have a serious gambling problem. Connecticut's Republican Governor Jodi Rell suggested in July that Schlesinger might want to consider quitting the race. Schlesinger stayed in for the time being. But all bets could be off if Lieberman – a Senate supporter the Bush White House does not want to lose -- suddenly becomes available."

My suspicion is that Joe would run Indy, but the fact that the press has already carved up the Republican makes Joe's win more likely. I will be voting for him.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  14. Ozzy

Ozzy

Who did the pubs nominate?

I'm guessing here... they assumed they were going to run against Lieberman and just sent some lame duck into the November elections?

If thats the case, than JL's chances just improved drastically. It's no wonder he announced he'd run as an indy before he even lost.

If this election goes to JL in November as an indy, that would be a great thing for this country..... We need more independents to stop this bi-partisan bullshit we have in Washington right now. It would also be a huge defeat to the Michael Moores, Move-On's and various lefty fucknuts as well the the RW religious assholes. It's time to take the country back from these agenda groups.
  15. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

No, you're right. There was this little event called 911. And the Presdient in his simple minded but logical way told us we could not afford to wait until dictators like Sadaam had nukes and gave them to terrorist groups. He declared a policy of pre-emption and THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD THOUGHT SADAAM HAS WMDS.

And he may have. We still do not know. All the juicy stuff you're referring to is straight from the "get Bush" talking points list. But the simple logic of the preceding paragraph was the primary and fundamental justification. The pre-emption policy was clear and god help us, I hope it is still being employed
  16. goofy3

goofy3

No disagreement that Sadaam is a bastard, but I don't think that is why we're in Iraq. Sadaam is an egoistical megalomaniac, but he is smart enough to know an ass beating when he gets one, and he got one after Kuwait. I doubt he was going to do anything that would provide justification for getting his ass kicked again.
    All of the really juicy allegations against Sadaam – links to AQ, high strength tubes for a nuclear program, buying yellowcake, etc. came from sources with in the Iraqi National Congress. The INC leadership are the exiles that were to presumably lead the post war Iraq. Even the World Weekly News would have found these stories suspect, yet the CIA officers that wrote the NIE on Iraq’s WMD were pressured to include these claims in intel briefings provided to congress, and then include them in a presentation to the UN. Several of these officers have gone on record regarding the pressure applied, including one that said that he should have quit rather than write document, but didn’t have the guts to leave his job.
    Since we have a history in the region of opposing democracy when it may run contrary to our (oil) interests, the notion that the administration went to these lengths to justify “freeing” the Iraqis just does not ring true.

Actually, German subs sank dozens of American ships in US waters early in the war, and Germany was in a declared military alliance with a country that did attack us.
  17. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Joe lost the primary, but will probably run as an Indy. And since the Republicans in CT have already nominated a loser, most of us and 40% of the dems will vote for Joe so he should win in November.
  18. Ozzy

Ozzy

Never count out the idiot factor. They tend to not show up in polls.

And if anyone saw the debate she was involved in last week on cspan.... Her opponent isn't much better. He's not insane or racist, but he appears very stupid and or befuddled.... Reminds my a bit of Perot's old running mate.... James Stockdale. That might be one congressional district we might be better off the GOP winning.

And hopefully for the Dems, Lieberman holds off this spoiled filthy stinking rich completely out of touch cable tycoon antiwar fucknut whos money is so fucking old that his Great grandfather has a library at Harvard. Last thing the Dems or this country needs is an inexperienced wasp to replace one of their more experienced foreign intel senators.
  19. sallysts

sallysts

I confess--I have a penis, Sally is my wifes name and the STS is the car I drive...

Bush has had two real accomplishments in all the years. The rich are richer, and the oil companies are doing great. Other than that he has been a complete failure.