LE Crackdown on Howard?

Discussion in 'NJ/NY/CT Massage / Spa' started by NoBiscuit, Mar 4, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. eatkunt

eatkunt

Howard St. APM Busts: More Info...

There is now a general effort underway by the NYPD against Asian organized crime and their ever increasing shakedowns and police payoffs in Chinatown...apparently there was more to all of those businesses - even the legits - that met the eye on both sides of the law...but, that said, all beauty salons and MP's as well as something that we won't hear or care about about - vegetable markets - are all on the radar right now...

That's from a buddy of mine who carries a gold shield in IAB and whom I deftly manuevered into spilling his guts without revealing my intentions...
  2. eatkunt

eatkunt

This is actually 100% incorrect...there are 8 stickers on Wu Lim including "illegal massage" and "unfit building"...

Sorry for the bad info...
  3. sexpert

sexpert

hell i dont dont knwo what the place is called, but i can check!
  4. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Kenny's?
  5. jeterock

jeterock

NO MORE HOWARD. It's over and LE got to them I hear(word on the street). Dont know where they have re-located or where the gals went. If I hear/see I will let you all know
  6. sexpert

sexpert

HOWARD STREET IS OFFICIALLY DEAD! most of them move to the new centre street joint.....
  7. eatkunt

eatkunt

That's not Wu Lim...that was a "beauty salon"...Wu Lim is downstairs. but it was gated too...I walked across Howard on my way to the 173 Lafayette Tui Na and was shocked at the carnage....
  8. lonewolf69

lonewolf69

Twopiece,

LE mostly crackdown for one of two reasons:

1. MP is blatantly advetising it's business and EVERYONE including their two year old knows... Can we say DISCREET!

2. Busy body neighbors found out and made a call/complaint to LE asking them to "check it out"
  9. NoBiscuit

NoBiscuit

Re: Haircuts

I believe it is. Passed by a few days ago and WuLim had approx 7-8 violation stickers on their gate, stuff from Notice to Vacate to Temporary Restraining Order. Tried not to stare for too long and incriminate myself. IMHO, NYPD should be more concerned about terrorist sleeper cells than Howard street. WTF did they ever do to you?
  10. BabylonRegular

BabylonRegular

Haircuts

That's really funny because I also got a haircut or two over there.

It really is/was a great place.

I haven't been by since they apparently were closed, but I tried the cell number they gave out there a few weeks back and no answer. Damn.

Is Howard St. still on lockdown? Will report back this week if I pass by.
  11. robneville

robneville

Re: 34 Hwrd is gone

Dammit! That place actually gave me the best haircuts I've had - and only $10. #1 Clued me in that the petite mamasan had been cutting hair for 20 years (I must have needed one that day), so everytime I went after that I would get a haircut first. I was going to go today! Grrrr.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2003
  12. eatkunt

eatkunt

Wu Lim? Geez...I hit ten on my latest card...I was due a free one...fuck...
  13. dumpav

dumpav

wow!

even that "Wu lim" place couple store down got lock for good!

what happening??

according to the sticker on the wall seems that 2 place close same day on 13th. does that wu lim place got shut down because they sneak in the baby oil??
  14. pilon

pilon

Re: cops by star 25

This is totally messed up. Where the heck will I get my relief now...We should march outside for a protest...
  15. eatkunt

eatkunt

Ivy, #29, was the best...I hope she lands somewhere accessible...
  16. asiansoy

asiansoy

Re: 34 Hwrd is gone

17. japflip2

japflip2

34 Hwrd is gone

Went by last nite. Three big red stickers on closed metal doors....'closed by police'...'illegal massage'.

Everyone's touchy. Headed over to 412. Noticed that many of the tourist trap shops on Canal have bedsheets strewn over some of the merchandise...guessing some of it is illegal knockoffs, and somehow LE is prowling down there. I'm asian and was turned away at 412 even though I explained them I'd been there before. Met by wider mamasan at door who walked me through to the seating area. But skinnier mamasan looked at me for about 10 seconds from behind desk and told me that the were no more girls. "I'll wait!" "No, no. you come back. no girls today" "when?" "I don't know" I gave some names of girls I would wait for, but she made up her mind. Even the wider mamasan said something to her in chinese and stuck up for me!! but then finally she apologetically looked at me and said"come back in 2 wks." guess she figured she wouldn't be able to go to bat for me.

bummer
  18. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

So, for once it really was the "VIP Room"?
  19. Casper

Casper

Maybe there was a VIP inside getting serviced.
  20. brucelee

brucelee

cops by star 25

i passed by star at 25 yesterday 5pm.
    four cops were standing guard at entrance. looks like place is closed for good.