Let it snow.....

Discussion in 'Northern New Jersey' started by bfl13, Feb 17, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. BigMadM

BigMadM Linoleum

I figured since I was snowed in AC, wed all walk over to Pats, yes, the Original Pats on Atantic Ave and go for a nice steak sandwich in the 2 ft of snow. They didnt answer the phone, I guess they didnt make it in either.
    Well, not the Original Pats, but I guess a new edition to them.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2003
  2. Dondee

Dondee Herbie, DDS

If I was cooped up with you for any lenght of time, I'd be looking for ways of cooling off too! ;)
  3. DRAGON69

DRAGON69

gee Betty yu could of thought of that when they were forcasting you would have been plowed in many ways And G.G. you got to admit it is the funniest thing to see a large dog jump in the drifts or even in the snow in general and they get that puzzled look that only a owner wuold know anyways i just put in a 34 hour shift with all this snow let it snow let it snow. ever notice how peaceful it is when it snows and how the roads reall look before they get crappy(slushy)
  4. betty_snj

betty_snj

Thanks biggod :)
    well...a client of mine just asked me if I will run a "shovel me out and I shovel you in" special...at this point, whoever comes to dig me out will be getting the hoover treatment for sure.
  5. biggod

biggod The Rifleman

Hey betty,

It's to bad you live so far from me. If I live closer to you I would shovel your driveway for you.
  6. greekgirlinnj

greekgirlinnj in loco CD

its 8pm and just stopped..drove my car around the block and that was fun for me..roads seem pretty good i hope the gym is open tomm though

i wish i could get my damn dog to come in when i want to..all he wants to is run into the 4ft plus drifts

stupid dog
  7. betty_snj

betty_snj

the snow stopped around noon....and I have more than 24 inches out there.
    I'm one of these rare happenings, the city plowed my street!!!
    But, I still have a long driveway to showel so I can take my car out of my garage.
    School is out tomorrow, soI'm stuck in here another day.
  8. spanky123

spanky123

Biggod, ya stole my line :D
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2003
  9. biggod

biggod The Rifleman

Greekgirl,

I'll come over and give you a nice massage!!
  10. greekgirlinnj

greekgirlinnj in loco CD

Im to tired to cook..even though i work out the shoveling took a lot out of me...ill take a nice hot bath and cup of cocoa
  11. andthy

andthy

Funny you mentioned

Was thinking of making some - but did not have the mix - so went with a turkey borrito.

I'll cook for you GG anytime ;=)
  12. spanky123

spanky123

Mmmmm, turkey chili sounds good....all i could muster up for lunch was a hearty "soup in a can"

Ugh, the snow is supposed to last till early tomorrow morning, just in time to make the morning commute a mess :mad:

Just make sure to wave when u see me slip' and slidin' in my honda down the GSP on the way to work :p
  13. dudester38

dudester38

Damn it, wouldn't you know it! Had a 4x4 for 6years! and only used it once! Got rid of that truck and picked out a S10 2wd shortbed that doesn't MOVE in this stuff! Oh well, guess I'll just stay home and watch the snow fall... (I probably "could" sandbag/cement block the bed for added weight...naw, I'm to lazy for that...)
  14. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Rollin,

Been to that tavern in Jackson, although not all that often (I believe 2 or 3 times). Yes, they do have some good grub-as well as a brew or two. Actually, that location is about a 45 minute trip for me. I am smack-dab on the water.
  15. clubber

clubber

Damn, and I LOVE turkey chili! Just so long as I am not the turkey! I'm sure there's something kinky in there, but I can't find it!
  16. sept11forever

sept11forever

Let it snow, let is snow, let it snow

It's awsome to see that mother nature hasn't completely screwed those of us who love snow.

I say let it come!!! The more we get, the more often we get it, the better prepared the DOT will learn to be and the less it will effect us. It's the occasional blast that the DOT is not prepared for and doesn't know how to handle that causes all the problems.

Just look at Chicago. They handle a lot more snow than NY/NJ does and they don't have the same problems.

It's all about preparation and spending money to be prepared. So, Governor, spend money being prepared for things like this, not for busting the ladies and gent's of this hobby.

If you were smart, you would legalize it, tax it, and control it to help protect against STD's.

Anyway, just my snowy day thoughts :)
  17. greekgirlinnj

greekgirlinnj in loco CD

Im not in a complex its a 2 family house..but if i had snowmobile id shoot down paterson plank road and u could make me turkey chili
  18. clubber

clubber

Well, Dee, over on the other side of the arena, I'm glad they plow us out here. Finally, all those expensive "maintenance" fees pay off. They even shovel the steps for us.

Of course, once you get out of the complex, you're on your own anyway.

Why not just hop on your snowmobile and c'mon over....I'm sure we can cook up something, even if it's just an old movie next to the fireplace. Sigh....I can always dream....
  19. rollin

rollin

Rooster, we need to get together for a BURGER at the Cassville Tavern in Jackson. What a great way to spend an afternoon, other than with a provider, that is, nice choice of 15 on tap beers, a famous house special burger, the size of which could choke a horse, a shot or 2 of some really good top shelf Tequila...mmmmm...

Now if only some nice Lady had a 4x4 and would be willing to come out in this mess, I'd be content with enjoying her company........ ;)

And, Yes.....Let It Snow............ My 4x4 works just fine, though I ran into a 5 foot snow drift infront of one of the local veggie farms here this morning and had to wait for the plow to make a pass to get out of it. But that's the fun of driving in the DEEP SNOW.
    It's sort of the same feeling a woman gets, she never knows how deep it's going to be or how long it's going to last............ :p

Hey...Now.....
  20. billyS

billyS

Re: this sucks....

Dude, I'm in the same spot. Put the family on a plane yesterday and expected a week of debauchery. now what?