Let's avoid all those scandals by electing Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by SkellyChamp, May 11, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

Still waiting on that name.
  2. justbill_redux

Maybe this one?

WEST PALM BEACH — Palm Beach County Commission Chairman Tony Masilotti has quit his reelection campaign, just days after Republican Party leadership raised questions about his involvement in a controversial land deal.

Masilotti, a former Royal Palm Beach mayor first elected to the commission in 1998, made no public announcement. Instead he delivered a letter — after business hours Monday — to Elections Supervisor Arthur Anderson asking that his named be pulled from the Sept. 5 ballot.

Term-limited Masilotti had been making his third and final run for the commission. With no incumbent and no heir apparent, the District 6 race is certain to become a political free-for-all.

Masilotti's retreat from public life was the second in two weeks to rock the county's political establishment. Last week, two-term West Palm Beach City Commissioner Ray Liberti resigned, days after being charged with public corruption by federal prosecutors.

For weeks, Masilotti has been defending his connection to two multimillion-dollar land acquisitions in Martin County and in the Bahamas, deals detailed in a series of stories in The Palm Beach Post.

[SNIP]

Source http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/local_news/epaper/2006/05/17/m1a_tony_0517.html
  3. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Just like all those compassionate government officials trying to force their charities down our throats by taking money out of our pockets and giving it to someone else. All ideologies who think they are doing the right thing seek mechanisms to force their "religion" down somebody else's throat.
  4. justbill_redux

My mistake, didn't know you knew about this one already. I eagerly await your report.
  5. goofy3

goofy3

How odd - I always thought those people telling others what their sexual orientation should be and who they can marry, if they should be able to decide whether or not to terminate a pregnacy or the medical treatment of a brain dead family member, and keep trying to cram their religion down everyones throat, were on the right - silly me.
    You do make one valid point. A large percentage of the Democratic "scandals" listed have nothing to do with policital corruption, but just that they're human. I couldn't care less about the latest Kennedy "scandal" - unless a lobbist paid for the Amebien in return for a favor.
  6. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Ahhhh ..... I love the smell of cut and paste in the morning...

Where's my coffee ?
  7. Ozzy

Ozzy

Dat ain't the Palm Beach official('s) I was talking about.
  8. Bandaid

Bandaid

Corruption has no ideology or party lines. It's the leftists' ideology that bothers me, not their frailties. It is annoying when leftists pretend that leftist ideology is a sign of mental health or something. In their own lives, leftists make decisions based on what's best for them. I have no problem with that. But they don't think that ought to apply to others.
  9. SlickWilly

SlickWilly

Long Live JustBill!!!
  10. justbill_redux

Hows that search of the local papers coming?

Maybe this will help.

FBI

R. Alexander Acosta, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida and Jonathan I. Solomon, Special Agent in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation, announced that defendant, Raymond A. Liberti, of West Palm Beach, Florida was charged on Friday, May 5, 2006 with fraud and corruption relating to his official duties as a City of West Palm Beach Commissioner. Liberti is charged with two counts of mail fraud, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1341, and one count of obstruction of justice, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1512(b)(3).

And theres more

According to federal prosecutors, who announced the charges eight days ago, ex-West Palm Beach City Commissioner Ray Liberti took much less in bribes, about $70,000. But Mr. Liberti's motivation - greed - and method - misusing elected office - were the same. Mr. Liberti tried to intimidate businesses into selling cheap to buyers who were paying him for help setting up a whorehouse. If the scheme had worked, maybe Ray Liberti could have been the first employee.

Source http://www.palmbeachpost.com/search/content/opinion/epaper/2006/05/14/a1e_schultzcol_0514.html

But this is the best part

Along the way, he earned a doctorate in public administration from FAU in 1997, became a Republican and lost the 1998 port race. He entered politics for the third time in 2003 when he ran for a West Palm Beach commission seat. Liberti was reelected in 2005.

Source http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localn.../epaper/2006/05/06/a12a_libertiside_0506.html
  11. justbill_redux

Yeah sure whatever you say

Well I did and lets see what bad words you had to say about them off the top of that drug dazed pinhead of yours.

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=536896&postcount=6
    I thought the GOP was in the same boat in the mid 90's when they went on the great Clinton witch hunt and started throwing unwinnable candidates like Bob Dole who even though a war hero, a poltician with 30 yrs experience, stood no chance of ever beating Clinton (Hillary has about 4-5 years experience as a politician). They finally ended up having the American voter and allot of their base despising them for all that party bias nonsense. But their base saw the light and ran the trouble makers like Newt and Damato out of the picture... and both btw were fine politicians otherwise, but they just couldn't stifle their extreme biased views and let the government go on and work for the people cause they had a stick up their asses for where the presidents dick was and whether or not Hillary was making shady stock deals or having witnesses knocked off.

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=557759&postcount=15

Thats because during the 90's when things were going great with the economy, everyone seemed to be making money and there was no unpopular war and not much else to drag the then current administration (Clinton's) down.... a bunch of fanatical republicans mostly notably led by Newt and D'mato tried to derail a popular presidency and this caused a rift between the two parties. First there was whitewater and when it became evident there was little or nothing there they decided to investigate the one place there was always lots of smoke..... Bills pants. And went in search of where the presidential penis had been. The Dems felt this was crossed the line and rightly so.

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=404483&postcount=12

In a way its the same thing the GOP did when they put Dole up against Clinton... Though Clinton was pretty much unbeatable that second term.... They tried to use their anger to bring him down in a futile effort. But try and explain common sense to D'Amato, Gingrich and the boys when they were hating Bill and Hill back then.

Wow thats some tough love you have for those 2 there.

Sure you are. RW shitheads who feel the need to post long lists of the past crimes of Democrats some going back quite a few years and think that its some sort of offset for the current culture of corruption by the controlling Republican party is a fucking hypocrite.

Ozzy, the poster boy for RW intellectually dishonesty , serial liar, chronic fact distorter and all around hypocrite.
  12. Ozzy

Ozzy

Use that search button yourself... before I'd ever get a chance to post about a republican, you would probably have posted about it anyway.

And actually I think I've said more than my share about Newt and Damato... (just to name two off the top of my head) so about that 100%..... You be lying again.

I'm also not the hypocrite going around trying to prove one party is more moral or corrupt than the other.

Now try that search button then shove it up your ass...

Dickwad
    Last edited: May 14, 2006
  13. justbill_redux

[​IMG]

And BTW its 100% more then you posting about corrupt Rethuglicans.

Balls...eyes...remove.
  14. justbill_redux

And what crime has Reid been charged with? Here let me answer that for you, none. And who’s investigating any alleged crimes or ethics violation. Here let me answer that for you, no one.
    Let me know when he’s under investigation or charges are filed.

Same with Kenndy. Last time I read about his crash it was the Capitol Police who let him go and the higher ups in the department who made that poor decision should be fired.
    Let me know when the criminal charges are filed.

That would be you liar.

Run and hide from you, maybe that what you call it in that Xanaz inducted haze of a world you live in.
  15. Ozzy

Ozzy

If I'm the asshole...

How many democrooks have you opened our eyes to.

And lets not count that pat on the back you gave that leftwing hypocrite fucknut Nancy Pelosi.
  16. justbill_redux

That’s why you should learn to use, now this is “techie jargon” the search feature.[​IMG]

Balls.... eyes.... remove

For some reason you and the rest of the far RW UG polesmokers think that it bothers me when you idiots post about corruption and or crimes committed by Democrats. Let me fill you in for the last fucking time, post every time one of these scumbags betrays the public trust, they have to be exposed to the light of day to try to keep the rest of the politicians honest.

Do you get that? Every single example you can find post it. Asshole.
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy

What can I say... I'm losing track of all these crooks as they appear faster than I can keep up with the news.

Funny though that anyone could beat YOU to reporting about political corruption.... unless of course its democratic corruption.

btw... I have a few local democrooks to report from down here in Fla... Palm Beach County to be exact.... just can't find any stories written about them on the local papers websites. But I'm sure within the next few days. The scandal is still fairly new.
  18. justbill_redux

19. Ozzy

Ozzy

Hmmmm....

I guess this current democrook flew under justbullshits radar.....

The top Democrat on the House ethics committee, Alan Mollohan, will leave the panel _ at least temporarily _ while he defends his own financial conduct, Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi said Friday.

Mollohan's decision comes in an election year when his party is accusing majority Republicans of allowing a "culture of corruption" in Congress.

Mollohan, of West Virginia, will be replaced by Rep. Howard Berman of California, a former ranking Democrat on the panel. Mollohan has denied any wrongdoing.

The only evenly divided panel in the House, the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct has been divided along partisan lines for the past 16 months and unable to launch any major new investigations. If Mollohan had stayed while under his own ethics cloud, the chances for the stalemate to end would have been almost impossible.

The Wall Street Journal reported two weeks ago that Mollohan steered millions of dollars to nonprofit groups in his district _ with much of the money going to organizations run by people who contribute to the lawmaker's campaigns.
  20. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

SkellyChamp, you've got to post more often my friend!