LI Bust

Discussion in 'Long Island' started by teps, Aug 21, 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. genius

genius

Right you are - even when the guy's case was either dismissed or not guilty, ND was there to publish a picture of the guy, his name and the details of the prosecution's case.
  2. JoeyBGood2

JoeyBGood2

All the DAs know this, yet they do it anyway. The punishment does not fit the crime.
  3. pokler

pokler

When guys get busted for prostituion , even if the case is dismissed they still are effectively convicted since the arrest alone will ruin your life.
  4. genius

genius

I know I mentioned my 'hitchhiking case" (the cops saw me pick up a hooker and gave me - not the hooker - a summons for hitchhiking) elsewhere on this site. But the ADA didn't know the law even when I handed him and the judge a copy of the statute - this was the part of the legal process when you enter a plea to the charges. ADA said "well we can restate the charge" and started flailing around paging thru his papers trying to find where picking up a hitchhiker is illegal (it ain't unless specifically posted as you see on the signs to the NYS Thruway; but it is illegal to hitchhike - and as specifically stated in the statute - from the shoulder of the road). The DA obviously noticed that the judge was getting impatient so when the judge stated that he would entertain a request from "the people" for dismissal the ADA agreed.

Case dismissed.

Gotta admit MDC - this is even sweeter than plea bargaining down to $200 fine - if I had to pay a lawyer and paid that $200, I wouldn't have it to pay for hookers after I left the court.

BTW - IMHO, always go to court in a conservative suit, clean shaven (mine was night court) and fresh haircut and show completely respect (yeah I know it is hard to respect a buffoon but just show it anyway and laugh to yourself on your way out.)
  5. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

Those are different because the arrests and what not are not driven by the DA's office and the DA's personal agenda. "Flush The Johns" was a Cathleen Rice initiaitve and driven task force/sting operation as opposed to letting the NCPD run point on stuff.

With that being said, and speaking from what I've witnessed first hand in Nassau Court Rooms, the DA's office (including the ADA's) are some of the most disorganized human beings I've ever seen. They are constantly never ready, and missing information. It's an embarassing cluster fuck. I had a "misdemeanor" traffic ticket due to a fuck up between my insurance company and the always on point DMV; the court/judge wouldn't let me resolve it myself, they made me spend money to hire a lawyer. So I called in a small favor and got the name of a fucking stud lawyer and he got my case down to a parking ticket because the second time we went to court the ADA still wasnt ready. He goes to me "You want to pay $200 for a parking ticket and get this shit over with today?" I agreed, he goes "Watch this." Goes to the Judge, and comes up with his own plea deal because for the second time in a row the ADA wasn't ready, judge was pissed ADA wasn't ready again and let my lawyer have whatever he wanted.

I would have fought that shit to the end, then sued the county for slander.
  6. massagenoob

massagenoob

Well luckily for them many of the Johns took the plea or I think they would have lost a lot more of these cases. I guess they didn't want their names being dragged around any longer than they already were. I would have absolutely fought it bases on the way things went down.
  7. genius

genius

Makes you wonder that if they can't even get s slam dunk case right how do the do on the "real" cases such as armed robbery, gang killings, etc?
  8. massagenoob

massagenoob

Especially when it wasn't even fucking done correctly and was a complete failure (not that it should have even been done at all).
  9. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

Good. Thank God Cunty Rice is gone, hopefully Madeline Singas has more of a brain to not waste county money and resources on such frivolous undertakings, and maybe a bit more integrity.
  10. genius

genius

11. latinoli

latinoli

Towns with private PD only need 1 person with influence to give gun hoe cop to make a name for themselves.
  12. genius

genius

Must have been a slow day for writing parking tickets.
  13. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

In my personal opinion, while human trafficking certainly does exist, it has been blown way out of proportion. Now any woman who is in this profession seems to be a victim of it. Do you think 58 year old women are being abducted from their home countries and forced into this?
  14. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

That bolded part is a bit scary.

I guess Long Beach PD has a lot of time if they shut down 2 AMPs that quickly.
  15. theshooter

theshooter

From LB Patch;
    Four Queens women were arrested in an illegal massage parlor investigation in Long Beach, according to Long Beach Police.

After investigating an advertisement for a “Health Spa” on East Park Avenue, Daxia Wu, 38, and Kai Me Yang, 41, were each charged with unauthorized practice and prostitution, cops said.

A second sting was organized on West Park Avenue in response to an advertisement for “Long Beach Spa.” There, Li Wang, 58, was charged with unauthorized practice. Xiaohui Lu, 58, was also charged with unauthorized practice and prostitution, police said.

All four women will be arraigned Thursday at Long Beach City Court.

Police said the cases are being transferred to New York’s Human Trafficking Intervention Initiative, which is a statewide court system dedicated to helping trafficking victims.

The Long Beach Building Department is continuing the investigation into each of the sites.

“We will not tolerate these types of illegal businesses in our city,” said City Council Vice President Len Torres. “The Long Beach Police Department conducted a thorough investigation and swiftly made the necessary arrests.”
    frogger54 likes this.
  16. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

Appreciate the heads up.
    frogger54 likes this.
  17. frogger54

frogger54

I can't post the link, apparently because I have no "likes". A shame because this is valuable info.. If you follow the Patch on FB maybe you can find it yourself..Seems some amp got busted in Long Beach. All that stands out to me is that "40 something" could really mean 58 like the 2 in the article. Stay Safe Nassau!
  18. genius

genius

In another topic "Flush the Johns"

A Garden City man committed the crime of patronizing a prostitute even though he carried no money to pay for sex when he went to meet the woman, an undercover officer, in a hotel room last year, a Nassau County prosecutor argued Friday.
    The law requires only that a person "pays or agrees to pay" for sex to be guilty of the crime, Assistant District Attorney George Michel said in his closing argument.

Charged with third-degree patronizing a prostitute, Walter Delaney, 55, is on trial in First District Court in Hempstead.

Michel said Delaney deliberately did not bring money with him when he went to the room on April 26, 2013.
    "I submit to you, judge, he was going to take that sex," Michel told Judge Sharon Gianelli, who is hearing the misdemeanor case without a jury. She said she would render a verdict next week.
    Delaney viewed sexually suggestive ads placed on the Internet by Nassau police and called an undercover officer, using the listed telephone number, Michel said.

Delaney then went to the East Garden City hotel, called the number again, and went to the room where the undercover officer said she would be waiting, the prosecutor said.
    But defense attorney Leslie Rudman of Jericho told the judge there was no agreement to pay for sex, and police failed to document Delaney's alleged solicitation.
    An undercover officer testified Thursday that Delaney solicited sex on the telephone, but that another detective sitting next to her was responsible for taking notes as she talked. That detective was not called as a witness, and Rudman said there are no notations about payment in the phone logs.
    "Mr. Delaney could go to jail for one year and you don't take notes?" Rudman said in her summation.
    Delaney was one of 104 men arrested in Nassau County in April and May 2013 in an anti-prostitution sting dubbed "Flush the Johns" that police called a "reversal" of their usual practice of arresting prostitutes.
  19. theladiesman

theladiesman

450 still has featured ads running on BP under Body Rubs along the right side of the screen!
  20. massagenoob

massagenoob

Especially a problem when it is around children.... Just begging for trouble.