LI Bust

Discussion in 'Long Island' started by teps, Aug 21, 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. teps

teps

They hit Lindenhurst.

Location:Happy 276 Foot Spa Inc., 276 N. Wellwood Ave., Lindenhurst, New York
    Date/Time:January 18, 2018 at approximately 3:30 p.m.
    Suffolk County Police today arrested two women during a raid at a massage parlor in Lindenhurst, New York. In response to numerous community complaints, a complaint from the Village of Lindenhurst Building/Zoning Inspector, Suffolk County Police First Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an investigation into illegal activities located at 276 N. Wellwood Avenue. First Precinct Crime Section officers arrested two women during the raid. 1. Feng Yang 49, of New Hyde Park, New York 2. Yan Li, 53, of Flushing, New York Both women were charged with Unauthorized Practice of a Profession, a Class E Felony of the New York State Education Law. The Village of Lindenhurst Building Inspector and Fire Inspector were notified. The investigation is continuing. Li and Yang are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on January 19, 2018. A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
  2. Monty_monty

Monty_monty

New bust....

Suffolk County Police today arrested two women during a raid at a massage parlor in Lindenhurst, New York.

In response to numerous community complaints, a complaint from the Village of Lindenhurst Building/Zoning Inspector, Suffolk County Police First Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an investigation into illegal activities located at 276 N. Wellwood Avenue.

First Precinct Crime Section officers arrested two women during the raid.

Feng Yang 49, of New Hyde Park, New York
    Yan Li, 53, of Flushing, New York

Both women were charged with Unauthorized Practice of a Profession, a Class E Felony of the New York State Education Law. The Village of Lindenhurst Building Inspector and Fire Inspector were notified. The investigation is continuing.
  3. h50

h50

Well, no app sends and received pics just like regular text but just like you can send regular text but in any event GV lets you send and receive pics I do it all the time but yes it used to not provide that capability until last year.
    traderjack09 likes this.
  4. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

And this is a pretty good example of why I've about given up on UG. Because you can only do stupid for just so long before you become what you do.
    Blessings to those of you who've said the same things repeatedly a countless number of times in innumerable threads over the past 15 years or more. I'm just not one to talk simply for the sake of hearing my own voice. There's just too many new things out there to see and do.
    Jaxxny likes this.
  5. winter211

winter211

You guys worry to much ,buy a burner throw it out when your done . Your spending hundreds of $$ on the ladies its cheap enoughto get
    gold69 likes this.
  6. Mr. Joyboy

Mr. Joyboy

As long as your phone is completely turned off and it's not sending or receiving signals, there's no way anyone would know that it's even out there. No way to "ping" a brick. I think the assumption with burners is that they're only on when they need to be and would be difficult to track because there's so little time to trace them to a location. Maybe there are devices available to LE that begin a trace automatically when a given signal is detected, I don't know. I believe you're probably right, though, that a burner can be traced while it's on. And, obviously, a registered phone can be traced to its owner even while it's off.

As far as PD visiting your home, well, "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
    lowell likes this.
  7. Hoppyone

Hoppyone

Lets say you are home for shits and giggles.

Your number ( burner or not) is on the phone of a dead hooker.

They ping your phone and now know exactly where it is within a few feet.

They come knocking on your door and ask whoever it may be (hopefully its you and not your S.O.) that they they tracked a phone to this address that they got from a dead hookers phone.

Unless your S.O. is as dumb as a stump try explaining your way out of that one.
  8. traderjack09

traderjack09

Some providers can tell it’s a google # I’ve heard. Plus w this app I can send and receive pics just like a regular text.
  9. h50

h50

Not like a google #? I always considered that my GV numbers look and feel like regular numbers too, so not sure what I'm not aware of? (I think the default leave a message recording go GV mentions GV but believe you can change that.)
  10. genius

genius

Mine always worked fine in areas that I used it, all around Boston, Melville, Farmingdale, Sayville, Wyandanch, Flushing, Corona to name a few. I have an el cheapo dumb phone that I wouldn't have 2nd thoughts tossing if I had to. My was registered outside Target in Levittown 3 years ago and had no problem there either.
  11. bighard20in

bighard20in

I had reception issues with my trac fone. So it seems to be an issue if you try an use it outside the area you register the phone.
  12. traderjack09

traderjack09

Yeah. Although it can be traced back to you if something horrible happens. I’m just concerned about my phone going off when it shouldn’t.
  13. genius

genius

Correct. That's why if you read that hooker was found dead you "burn" the phone. However, is really difficult to track a burner phone

I turn on my burner phone to perform whatever business I need it for. When I am done I turn it off.

That SOP has a lot of advantages - here are 2:
    1. Never rings in my gym bag
    2. Battery lasts really long time before it needs recharging

ps. Another keeping it stealth observation - my burner uses micro connector and my iphone uses lightning. Unless your regular phone uses micro have a good reason to having both in your car pluged in. Mine is I have a really old (funny that 7 years is now really old) cigarette lighter car charger (funny that I still say I plug it into the cigarette lighter - any of you younger guys know that cars used to come with cigarette lighters consisting of a heater electrical coil that glowed red hot to light your cigarette that was plugged into in what is now called names like utility power outlets?) that has a permanent micro cord attached and a USB slot that I plug my USB to lightning charge cord.
  14. hardndslick

hardndslick

Is it an app?
  15. traderjack09

traderjack09

I use “hushed” I’m no shill and have zero interest in the company. I shut it off when I’m not using it and I don’t have to worry about a burner being seen. It’s 4.99 a month for unlimited texts and calls. Looks and feels like a regular number and not like a google #. I’ve never had anyone question it.
  16. Jaxxny

Jaxxny

Do figure out how to turn off every altering and notification noise in your hobby phone unless you really want additional National Weather Service Code Amber etc loud beeps from your otherwise stowed and muted phone.

And as phone operating systems change and patches are reinstalled, periodically confirm off means off.

I was on flight taxiing from the gate minutes after we were instructed to be in Airplane Mode and the number of “other passengers’ phones” (OPP) with bold tones alerting us all to the obvious imminent storm was a lot.

A beeping gym bag when you are with family but otherwise alone makes OPP difficult to explain.
  17. Jay Shaw

Jay Shaw

I was just joking with my phone and all but I do my use regular phone but different number. I use Google voice and textfree so both are different numbers. But you guys do make sense if they want to catch they can find anyway to get you. So i am def investing in a prepaid phone but I just need to figure out how to hide from my SO.
  18. Mr. Joyboy

Mr. Joyboy

Bingo! If the cops catch you with your burner phone, it's now your regular phone. The whole idea of a burner phone is you have to burn it before the they can find out what's inside of it. If LE finds it, all you've done is filed the incriminating information in one nice convenient location for them.
    Tonto25 and Nutty Irishman like this.
  19. pokler

pokler Power Bottom

20. iwantagoodhj247

iwantagoodhj247

Haha! First off, this really was a "friend"! Not me! When I'm out mongering I do try to abide by most if not all of genius's rules! B, he was just going from point a to point b, not cruising, and got snagged doing one of the dumbest things I can imagine while driving, so there was no real threat of a second law broken, other than the stupidity of having weed in the car.
    But I totally agree on the breaking one law at a time rule.