LI Bust

Discussion in 'Long Island' started by teps, Aug 21, 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

SCPD can't use that excuse anymore, they just settled a multi-million dollar discrimination suite with the Federal Governemtn in February lol.

It's concerning. Putting this hobby/lifestyle aside, cops have become out of control. If I had just went to get my dick wet, I literally would have avoided this situation. How fucked is that?
  2. trigeek

trigeek

A cop can even pull you over for having a cell phone earpiece hanging over your rear view mirror. Or they can make up any reason they want if they want to fuck with you.
    Only deterrent is if you have a dash cam in your car. Video proof is about the only thing that can slow them down and that's not 100% set n stone. Best is to avoid.
  3. happyandy

happyandy

If charged wrt window tint the rear window may have any tint as long as you have left and right side mirrors adjusted to provide full view behind you.

It is your civic responsibility to fight and win and then file a complaint against the cops.
  4. prospekt1

prospekt1

Thanks!
  5. prospekt1

prospekt1

Well. That's crazy. Seems like that's a ticket the cop can give if he wants to bust chops.

Nope, doesn't seem like any probable cause but we all know they don't always have one. Just like they don't stereotype people.
  6. latinoli

latinoli

Tint is only checked for the front windows. Back windows don't count.
  7. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

Who knows, I don't trust nassau lol. There was no obstruction, and my SUV came from the factory with privacy glass. I was quite pissed at the situation as I feel it was an illegal stop.

I work in IT and look every bit the part, I couldn't look any less menacing if I tried. My vehicle is 100% stock, no rims, not tints, nothing. Also, regardless of my physical appearance, that isn't probable cause to stop or search me.
  8. prospekt1

prospekt1

Thats wacked but I am sure the nassau thing can be cleared up easily with a receipt or proof. Was there an actual obstruction in the rear windshield or did they lie? No idea but does a tinted rear window qualify for this ticket? I have always wanted but never gotten tinted windows bc of the issues that can come up with them in situations like this. Its crazy for a cop to check you for sitting in your car in a gas station by the LIE. You could have just gotten gas or stopped for a second to make a call so you weren't driving and talking.

Does your appearance or car give any reason for them to think you might be buying or look shady? Thats my only thought as to why they thought you might be there to pick something up or reason for them to check you out.
  9. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

I grew up in the "wealthier" part of the 4th and I always thought Cops who had to patrol my area of the 4th had the easiest job ever. Extremely low crime, quiet areas. Usually the worst they had to deal with was some high school kid with weed or a small amount of narcotics.

I was in Hauppauge by the Expressway, an area I've frequented a lot over the years.

Apparently a ticket that I paid 4yrs ago in Nassau all of a sudden came up unpaid in the DMV, so now I have to figure out wtf happened because I paid the ticket. They also gave me a "obstructed rear windshield" which is there go to ticket if they can't nail you on anything because it's extremely hard to prove who was in the right. I was stopped for an out of date inspection back in 2009 and the cop nailed me with this even though there was nothing obstructed the view.
  10. prospekt1

prospekt1

Thats wacked. What town were you in(If you don't mind sharing)? I can imagine certain areas of suffolk where you might stick out for being white. Were the tickets warranted? For example, headlight out, brake light out, no front plate, etc? or were they finding random/bs rules you broke to give you tickets? I don't think that a copy who pulls me over could give me any tickets even if he wanted to though I don't know what weird type of reasons for tickets might exist.
  11. TheRicker

TheRicker

I always heard it was called the country club cause it was the slowest of all precincts.
    zepper likes this.
  12. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

I happen to know that the 4th Precinct is referred to as the "Good ole boys club" in the Suffolk County DA's office. That's one of the Precincts that they transfer all the trouble makers to.
    TheRicker likes this.
  13. trigeek

trigeek

Better off saying fuck it n stay clear of the Suffolk boys club.
  14. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

I guess mind your own business is now illegal in Suffolk county. I never thought I'd see the day where I feel safer in Nassau county both mongering and minding my own business. I drive through some shitty areas of Nassau just to go places and I've NEVER been harassed.
  15. trigeek

trigeek

Personally I wouldnt fuck with these cock suckers.
  16. happyandy

happyandy

Fuckers. What kind of tickets?
  17. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

SCPD is officially out of control.

Was stopped, accused of buying drugs, and searched because I was parked in a gas station on my phone for 15-20min. When I asked the cop why he stopped me he said "Well you were sitting in the gas station in a car that wasn't registered to you, so we just wanted to check it out." then accused me of trying to buy drugs. So driving a car that isn't registered to you is a crime now? Wow, all you married guys should make sure you and your spouses only drive vehicles registered in your names and not the other person's. I've done the SAME thing at this gas station numerous times, at the same time of the day, for the past few years. I usually stop here and pick up a drink or a snack on my way to my card game, and if I'm early I peruse the news and Facebook on my smartphone for a bit. I've never had a problem. Cops said this is a "high drug traffic area". So I guess next time I'll browse facebook while I'm driving, I'm sure I won't get pulled over for using my cell phone while driving.

Gave me some bullshit tickets. I will be contacting an attorney as this is the 2nd time I've been illegally stopped and searched in 2 months. I'm a fucking white male with no priors, this is unfucking believable. I drive through worse neighborhoods in Nassau and don't get fucking harassed. SCPD has surpassed NCPD in the scumbag department lately. I don't know why I'm surprised, this is the same police department that settled a multi million dollar lawsuit with the US Justice Department earlier this year for discrimination, had a cop arrested for stealing from people they've pulled over and illegally searched, and employs cops who have been convicted of excessively beating suspects.

Fuck this shit, man. I'm always nice and respectful and honest with these guys and still get treated like complete shit.
  18. theladiesman

theladiesman

450 still has featured ads running on BP under Body Rubs along the right side of the screen!
  19. massagenoob

massagenoob

Especially a problem when it is around children.... Just begging for trouble.
  20. Banacek

Banacek

"Suspect You." Funny shit is ripe for a 'Who's On First' parody. Only thing would've made it better is if other Suspect was named Mi.