LI Bust

Discussion in 'Long Island' started by teps, Aug 21, 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. genius

genius

You are correct. I knew of a high level town official and for example he used to use the fire marshal to close down places that he got complaints on - very useful for nightclubs that were above the legal occupancy allowed. Would get them for that and also for whatever other violations such as exit light bulb burned out, exit doors blocked, improper tags on fire extinguisher - you get the idea. Also works for strip clubs although they usually didn't get them on legal occupancy laws.

Too bad the club owners are smart enough to follow my "break only one law at a time" and if they are going to illegally pack a place or offer other services the neighbors don't like make sure all the easy to fix chicken shit stuff is taken care of - would save them a lot of money.
  2. popeye363

popeye363

I'm not saying it's the case here, but towns often use building codes to deal with sex-oriented public nuisances. Sometimes the police don't respond to citizen complaints promptly enough. Sometimes the complaints come into the town instead of the police, because the citizen thinks an elected official will be more responsive. Often it's easier to prove a building-code violation than to catch someone committing a sex-related offense. And there's always the remote possibility that an elected official may see an opportunity for grandstanding. Again, I'm generalizing, with no knowledge of this specific incident, but I think it would be risky to go here any time soon.
  3. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

If the fire marshalls busted it, then it wasn't for prostitution, illegal massage, etc.
    It was for construction oriented violations, like having walls that went all the way up to the ceilings in cubicles.
  4. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

Cool, I'm gonna avoid that area now lol
  5. Cdoggy

Cdoggy

Saw the firetrucks there and left. If i was there 15 minutes earlier would have been awkward. There is a thread about this place. I think the news article may have over exaggerated
    Dschrute likes this.
  6. Dschrute

Dschrute

7. Banacek

Banacek

Sorry, Slinky. Thanks for just a gentle scolding rather than ripping me a new one.
  8. frogger54

frogger54

Slinky... I have posted in this thread not too long ago about something that "might look suspicious"...

I am a pretty paranoid person, so my question to you is: what is the correct thread to ask this type of question?
  9. Slinky Bender

Please only post verified busts here. No wild speculation about what you think might look suspicious.
  10. genius

genius

Anyone who doesn't use a burner phone is foolish. The cost for a year including the phone is less than 1 session that you normally take and certainly less than a retainer for a lawyer should this happen to you.
  11. happyandy

happyandy

12. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

I have one of those keypads on my door so I don't even bring my keys in with me. Hide them in the car, lock the car after i close the door from the keypad. I also try not to park in hotel parking lots if it can be avoided.

My paranoia is at a point where I won't see a provider based on their hotel and the location of the hotel in the town.
  13. genius

genius

You must have a keyless ignition in addition to keyless entry fob, i.e., you start the car with by pressing a start button and not by using a key. Very convenient unless you get robbed - the thief just presses your fob until your car responds - he can the find the car, hop in and be gone. Cops can also find your car if they search you and find the fob.
  14. nobody04

nobody04

Tried that once, my trunk wont close with the fob inside. My trunk kept popping back up and wouldn't lock and I kept slamming it down wondering what was going on. Turns out I put my jacket in the trunk with the keys in it and that's why I couldn't close it.
  15. genius

genius

This is why I only bring enough cash for the session, photo ID, condoms, burner phone and a single car key (without the fob). Prior to getting to place parking lot I put fob with keys, watch, iPhone, credit cards, cash in trunk of car.
    For those who think I'm paranoid I quote David Cross:
    How can I be paranoid...when the paranoid mother-fuckers who are making me paranoid are really out there?"
  16. mike hunt

mike hunt

Confirmed-listening to scanner- guy called cops with this complaint: Was going to see prostitute and three men approached him in ramada(holtsville) parking lot and robbed him of money and gold watch after a few minutes a cop reported back that the crime may have actually taken place inside the ramada.
  17. Slinky Bender

Guys lets stick to confirmed problems please and not "I think there might be a monster in my closet" posts.
    trigeek likes this.
  18. Banacek

Banacek

19. mike hunt

mike hunt

Sorry, I clear out all the numbers on my burner every time I use it. But lets see what I can do. Yolanda 631-747-0223 ,MARY ANN 469-623-9562, and SARAH 520-252-2921 I hope I'm wrong and would gladly be corrected.
  20. MarioBallo

MarioBallo

Possible warning: on the way to mind my own personal business, I saw a leo vehicle parked out in front of the Say Mtr Lodge by Sunrise. Further down west, another rhino(leo suc)vehicle was heading back that way. There might have been a call with a complaint or something of that matter. Anyway, I am just passing this tip along to the high risk averse comrades.