LI Bust

Discussion in 'Long Island' started by teps, Aug 21, 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. AssMan19

AssMan19

No it's not. His line was just funnier in my opinion.
    frogger54 likes this.
  2. pokler

pokler Power Bottom

This must be a popularity contest .
  3. AssMan19

AssMan19

Lmao!!!! Wow did I ever need a good laugh!!! That was great line!!!
  4. pokler

pokler Power Bottom

Your sarcasm is just fine but your comic approach could use a little work however. Put a different way I thought mine was funnier.
  5. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

I thought it was a good one...
  6. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

I guess I need to work on my sarcasm. I thought it was pretty clear.
    hardndslick and AssMan19 like this.
  7. pokler

pokler Power Bottom

OR maybe HE fucking did the heist .
  8. teps

teps

No, I have a scanner.
  9. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

You say they were robbed "tonight around 10:30". Your post went up at 10:48. What did you do? Post it from your hiding spot around the corner while you sat in your car counting the money? :D
    Rider, AssMan19 and lightweight like this.
  10. teps

teps

Is nowhere safe. The Adult Shop on Sunrise service road in Holbrook was robbed at gunpoint tonight around 10:30 PM. A male, black, wearing a handkerchief around his face, brandishing a shotgun, got away with about $1000.
  11. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

I suppose dropping $2 million worth of munitions to take out an acre of 2 foot tall plants is one way we could do it. Or we could use $20 worth of RoundUp and one guy with a pump sprayer. But hey..it's usually a Republican who bitches that their tax money is being wasted, not a Democrat, so I'll defer to you on this one.
  12. stripedcat

stripedcat

I think what you are saying is that there might be more to the story of where our drugs are coming from. The southern border is only a part of it.
    WizardOfAhhs likes this.
  13. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

I'm pretty certain I have no idea. But I'll call Langley first thing Monday morning and see if I can get an answer for you from somebody there. I'm sure they'll tell us.
    PS..any time an issue becomes politicized...such as the porosity of our southern border...it's wise to have a healthy skepticism of anything said about it, by either side.
  14. stripedcat

stripedcat

@WizardOfAhhs,

We often hear that most of our heroin comes through our southern border. How much of our heroin would you say gets here from the CIA way and how much comes through our southern border.
  15. pokler

pokler Power Bottom

If the US was serious about heroin POTUS would order poppy fields carpet bombed night and day.
    billyS likes this.
  16. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

At least since Vietnam, the US Gov't has subsidized the cost of it's wars by running drugs via the CIA. Opium in the 70's from SE Asia, cocaine in the 80's from Central America, and heroin post 2001 from Afghanistan. That's not speculation, that's documented fact. In the case of Afghanistan, the original plan was to ship it to Russia, and let it be their problem (and our profit). But drugs have a nasty way of finding their own way around, and Americans were willing to pay more than the Russians, so it ended up here. Couple that with a pharmaceutical industry making big profits on synthetic opioids, and an epidemic is born. Absolutely agree with your assessment of SCPD. They're reactive, not proactive. It takes a lot of loud, bad press to get them to move on anything. And I'm not anti-cop in any way. Just realistic.
  17. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

In general I'm a big supporter of cops, because they do a job that the rest of us won't do. With that being said, SCPD has always been a very slow and reactionary department. They've only given a shit about the heroin epidemic for the past 5-6yrs, yet I can remember back in the early 2000's when I was in high school/college, and Heroin was a pretty big fucking problem back then. I am not surprised in the least that it's taken them this long to get serious about MS-13, and I'm pretty sure the only reason they are actually taking it seriously is pressure from the feds.
    WizardOfAhhs likes this.
  18. Mr. Wiggley

Mr. Wiggley

But your local dunkin donuts is safe trust me.
    AssMan19, gold69 and Tonto25 like this.
  19. kbpro

kbpro

Okay SCPD the highest paid police in the Nation. I respect police but how did this shit storm happen right under their noses ? I live in Huntington there's a neighbor dealing right across the street. Phone calls phone calls phone calls nobody gives a shit . Spoke with a detective ok great , might as well talk to the wall. At times it's like someones giving free food . Nothing nothing nothing , the only way it'll get attention is when the mooks show up with guns looking for the cash. Venting sorry
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  20. stripedcat

stripedcat

What about the increase in takedowns in California. Is that as a result of the local police making this a higher priority or because of the federal government.