Location,Location,Location... Does it matter???

Discussion in 'New York' started by Tasha, Aug 5, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. marquez156

marquez156

Location matters for heat

Welcome to NY, and I hope you prosper here. IMHO, you wont to find a neighborhood thats out of the way some. Let the clients come to you and they will. Find a spot thats not hot w/cops. These trendy places have a heavy police presence and you gotta be really descrete there. I just hope our next mayor is not such an a$$hole.
  2. zoulou

zoulou

Downtown is great but........

I must say that because I live and work there I prefer to travel a bit
    when going about the hobby.
  3. Ezrlove

Ezrlove

Welcome to New York Tasha.

[Edited by Ezrlove on 08-08-2001 at 08:55 AM]
  4. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Tasha, you made the right decision by not taking the apartment at 4th & MacDougal. On weekends, that area is a madhouse: it's over-run by horrible frat boy types cruising the Bleecker Street Bars and is noisy and crowded until late late late in the morning (though there are some really good restaurants in the immediate area).

Well, Slinky and Fishfry, I'm honored to count you as neighbors. This is the greatest neighborhood on the planet to live in, in my not-so-humble opinion.
  5. Tasha

Tasha

Well... final decision made.... CHELSEA won !!! It was in between an apartment at McDougal & 4th and the one i chose in Chelsea.... The decided factor was the convenience... I had originally planned for a Labor Day (my birthday) for the move... but you know how apartments are here.... had to take it NOW !!! I'm going to move in next Friday... man, was that fast... gotta love NY !!!

Tasha
    A Wandering TEXAN !!!
  6. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

The outer reaches of Soho ? That could be 7 "neighborhoods" these days !!!! Although I must admit, the coolest acronym for a NYC neighborhood belongs to Brooklyn - DUMBO.
  7. Chernov

Chernov

Location, location..............

SB,

I drive or walk through le village six days a week. Does that count, or am I confined to my actual address in the outer reaches of Soho?

Best regards,
    Chernov
  8. Slinky Bender

So we got fishfry, HG....who else lives in the Village here ????
  9. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Yes, the Village would be 1,000% improved if we could somehow make it illegal for Upper East Side/suburban types to live south of 14th Street in Manhattan.

If one more Starbucks or Gap or Banana Republic opens up within walking distance of my apartment, I'm going to cry....
  10. Tasha

Tasha

shoot... i meant NOT FAR from a subway stop !!!

tash..
  11. Tasha

Tasha

Thanks for input !!! I was a little concerned with my downtown choice, only due to the fact of convenience... as far as tolerance in my area, i've resolved that issue... so it's really no big deal... that was one of my prerequisites of where i chose to live... i didn't want to live in midtown (where i have always stayed during my visits due to convience) ... i made sure i was far from a subway stop (my choice personally for getting around)... i really do appreciate the comments again, and sorry for a putting a chill up Phantom's spine... wish it was for another reason... lol... i will tell you one thing, looking for an apartment here was one HELL of chore !!! But at the same time, I was have been so excited, that it was worth every crappy apartment i had to look at..lol.

Tasha Addams
    http://www.tashaaddams.com
  12. Slinky Bender

To some extent, it depends on what time of day you think you will be doing most of your sessions. The more you think it will be during the day, the more you want to stick to mid-town.

A word of warning: as certain areas have become more expensive ( especially Greenwich Village ), there is a corresponding decrease in the tollerance for activites which used to go unnoticed in these same neighborhoods. While one might have found a reasonably "hands off' attitude a number of years ago in GV, I think it's gotten much tougher lately ( one of the reasons, actually, is the unflux of "Upper Eastsiders" and former suburbanites in the past few years, especially into some of the grimier GV locales like the "Meat Packing District" ).

I would also be wary of a lot of the lower East Side ( Little Italy, Noho, East Village, etc. ) because of the difficulty in getting there using the subways.

Of course, this only focuses on the "business" aspect. Another thing is where you want to live, which might be totally different.
  13. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Tasha,

Having never been a client of yours I would advise you to go with Chernov's advisement.

Downtown is convenient for every subway line no matter whether you're on the east or west side, and there's a lot to do here (I'm think more for you than for clients): restaurants, shops, cafes, etc.

TriBeCa and Chinatown can be a little inconvenient transportation-wise, and even now still a little desolate during the evenings. It may make certain clients uneasy (though having lived in Chinatown, I can tell you that it's actually pretty cool).
  14. Chernov

Chernov

Location, location...........

Tasha,
    As a former client of yours, I would advise downtown, preferably West Village, Soho, Flatiron or Chelsea. Lots going on in these areas, plus great eateries are only a few steps away.
    Good luck in NYC.

Best regards,
    Chernov
  15. fishfry

fishfry

I live in the Village. Come down here. We need more providers on this block. I hate always having to trek up to the Upper East Side every time I want to see some girl. I'm with the girl an hour and I have another hour or more of transportation to deal with.

fish
  16. Phantom

Phantom

[Edited by Phantom on 08-06-2001 at 05:49 PM]
  17. Tasha

Tasha

Hey guys and girls ...

would it matter to you which side of Manhattan a girl was located on... east side, west side, soho, gv.. etc..., etc... if she were located downtown (ex. little italy or the village) would you be concerned with the time it would take to get down there?

this has been my biggest concern about my move...

please let me know your thoughts...

Tasha Addams
    http://www.tashaaddams.com