Lotus Blossom--Tui Na on 14th Street

Discussion in 'NJ/NY/CT Massage / Spa' started by sakatz, May 13, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. sakatz

sakatz

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. After I checked out the new 34th Street version of this place, I went back to see what was happening on 14th Street. Basically it seems to have become a Tui Na without extras. Pretty masseuse, Linda, maybe late 30s, nice lady, nice massage. She kept a towel over me at all times and when I delicately asked about a hr, she said she didn't do that.

$50 per hour.
  2. sakatz

sakatz

I visited this place again yesterday in the hope the table massage would have been installed (it hadn't) and doors would have been put up (they weren't; and to make matters worse, I discovered most of the rooms have windows looking out into the place's little hallway so the privacy will never be uncompromised).

Once again I had Katie and once again she spent as much time massaging me as she did answering the phone, answering the door, and generally directing the work of the other girl on duty. She might just as well have put a massage table behind the receptionist's desk and massaged me there.

The worst was, at least one guy arrived while I was still on the table and Katie not only let him in and led him to an empty cubicle, but it was clear he was her next client--and I had a good twenty minutes left on my hour. She gave no indication to the guy that he would have to wait--in fact, on the telephone she accepted any appointment at any time without regard to the congestation. I suppose that, given the number of no-shows, this probably makes good business sense, but it was clear the place couldn't handle the traffic. Anyway, I left with ten minutes on the clock ("Next time, more girls. I give you extra ten minutes." Yeah right).

The good news was I asked for a light massage, and it was very good. Plus the hr was very good and there was unlimited roaming.

Maybe it's just growing pains. Not sure I'll be back for those ten minutes. By the way, it's $60 for the hour.
    Last edited: May 16, 2006
  3. suddanlyknot

suddanlyknot

thanks.. how about $.. be safe
  4. sakatz

sakatz

There's a new Tui Na place called Lotus Blossom on West 14th Street that just began advertising on Craig's List. Easy to make an appointment, brand new facilities. The woman on the phone told me there was a table shower, but in fact there was just a regular shower--later, my masseuse (who doubled as the phone person) informed me they would be installing the table later (I think that's what she said, her English wasn't very good).

The room, really a cubicle, was small and--bad sign--there was only a little lace curtain hanging over the doorway. There are also no ceilings so I could hear the guy next door flirting with his masseuse.

My masseuse was named Katie--pretty, very slender, maybe 25 or so. The massage started off well, although it was mostly on my back and started to hurt a little after repeated kneading. Also unfortunately, every time the phone rang she answered it in addition to keeping up a little running conversation in Chinese with the masseuse next door.

At the 50 minute mark, an alarm clock went off (that was a first for me) and she informed me there were ten minutes left. I thought there would be no extras at all, but she had me turn over and administered a good hj and permitted some roaming, although it was plenty weird since people were walking pass the utterly transparent curtain. Afterwards, she said they would soon have doors which I interpreted as a promise of better things to come, but we've all heard the "better next time" promises so I won't swear to it.

Anyway, I liked Katie and the facilities and I will probably go back.