Magic number$

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by vermeer, Aug 2, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. justlooking

justlooking

Believe me, Jean-Georges is hyper-elaborate. It isn't just fresher/tastier/lighter. I don't think anyone could eat like that every day.

(Of course, that doesn't detract from your main point.)
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  2. Astroboy51

Astroboy51

but i don't think its hyperelaborate. its the same thing, just fresher/tastier/lighter.

that said, i don't have a big eating out budget. so perhaps i just think i'd want to eat at j-g every night, but if i did i'd get sick of it fast. but i'd like to try and see.

so on that line of reasoning, let me see the tall slender blond model type who is gfe/pse and makes me think she just totally into me. as soon as i tire of such types...i'll go call up the usual factory mentality amp girl. but i think that call would be a long time in the making.
  3. justlooking

justlooking

But that isn't true. My eating-out budget (poor choice of words) is pretty big, but I don't want a big complicated multi-course dinner every night. I think that's why we've seen so many (relatively) expensive but much simpler restaurants open in NYC over the last few years. The restauranteurs realize there's money to be made from people who eat out a lot, and couldn't have hyper-elaborate preparations every night of the week.
  4. Astroboy51

Astroboy51

it means when price is no object you always prefer filet mignon over hamburger.

the only consideration then is expending the added effort to go get it.

in that case where money is no object, you can have them bring it to you...and if they don't have someone to bring it to you, you can send one of your lackeys to go bring it to you.

capish?
  5. justlooking

justlooking

Anyway, to stop all this obsurantist mumbo-jumbo, here's what I used to find I could fairly reliably (NOT invariably) get for $800 and above, which I couldn't get so reliably for less:

A fresh middle-class-seeming girl who saw no more than one customer a night, who could hold a conversation about the kind of things I'm interested in, who looked like a somewhat better-looking version of the kind of people I know (or knew when I was their age), with whom there were no issues about things like kissing or uncovered blowjobs, and who did not do enough sex work to jade her in any way or to make the session seem in any way rote, or anything other than natural.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  6. justlooking

justlooking

Two things:

First, just as a matter of fact, Peter Lugar's is less expensive than Jean-Georges. But let's pretend it isn't.

The thing about Peter Lugar's is that it's excellent. I know some will say it's slipped (I put that in here in case Oz is reading this thread). But at least in its hayday, it represented a level of excellence unattained by many restaurants. Maybe it wasn't "luxe" like a fancy French place. But it served meat of a quality that most places could only wish for.

In other words, I don't think that anyone could claim that (at least in its hayday) (OK, Oz?) (a) Peter Lugar's was an ordinary restaurant or (b) you didn't get what you paid for there.

So, really, it's all a matter of preference. You can pay a lot for a great steak, or you can pay a lot for great French food. But either way you've got to pay a lot.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  7. Monk

Monk

And in the service of the metaphor, this means ... what? You'd send your servant out to get laid on nights you were otherwise occupied?!?
  8. Monk

Monk

It seems to me that we're talking past each other. I never said that they weren't different. What I said was that I didn't think there were price triggers that automatically elevated you to a different level of service, regardless of the provider. (Remember Vermeer's opening sentence in this thread: "It seems that there is a magic number, beyond which lies a whole different world of erotic experience.")

I don't know if you'll buy this analogy, and I don't even know if it's completely correct since I haven't been to Peter Lugar's in a long time, but it's sort of the difference between eating at Jean-Georges or Peter Lugars. One is a no-holds-barred contemporary luxury experience, the other kind of tired and not nearly as exciting, yet both comparable in price. If you didn't know much about Peter Lugar's, its storied past and what it represents in the New York dining scene, and you expected a high-end contemporary restaurant experience based solely on the price, well, you'd be sorely disappointed. The magic number of the price alone doesn't necessarily elevate you to different world of service, luxury and elegance. Or, eroticism, for that matter.
  9. Astroboy51

Astroboy51

in fact, if money were no concern to me at all, i would eat at jean georges every night, but on the nights i didn't feel like going out and investing the time, i'd have them deliver or have my servant go pick it up.
  10. vermeer

vermeer

to elaborate further, the time does not matter, it's like the breakfast buffet at the Rio.
  11. vermeer

vermeer

This lends some proof to the theory that all bitches are ho's for the right $. I would estimate that 80% of all 18-25 nubile civilian fuckholes will say YES to an offer of $1,000 cash from any perv, as long as they think your serious, and appear relatively clean and safe.
  12. greyfox

greyfox

But there's a second post in which I confuse the issue in an attempt to clarify it.

Did you think you could trick me?
    Seriously,adjusting for inflation,the average actual hourly rate is exactly what it was at the now defunct Julies'.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  13. vermeer

vermeer

Thanks. You've articulated the question I was asking.

Out of curiosity, how many $1kph whores have you sampled, and what did the actual $/hr work out to be? Can you elaborate more on these luxury jizz depositories?

14. justlooking

justlooking

But to reuse the restaurant analogy yet again, you don't feel like eating at Jean-Georges every night. Some nights you happily go to the Corner Bistro or something. But just cuz you might prefer the Corner Bistro to Jean-Georges some (maybe even most) nights doesn't mean they're not different (in fact, it suggests that they are different), or that the vast price difference between isn't both warranted and an indication of the difference.
  15. justlooking

justlooking

And again, the issue here, as I see it, is at what price points do things become more likely? (I have no information or experience after the very early '00s, so I can't really contribute any good current data.)
  16. justlooking

justlooking

I just want to emphasize that I'm talking about averages. There's no price point where anything (either good or bad) is guaranteed. But there are price points at which certain things (good or bad) are more likely.
  17. Monk

Monk

Don't we all wish it were that easy, like buying a car? You get the standard model for $XXX, and you can add on the following features/services at $XXX each? It would make hobbying such a breeze.

Unfortunately, we've all seen the same provider offer the same services at different price points. Is she really better at $600 than $350?

Certainly, if more money means a provider who restricts her appointments, then that's a good thing. But I'm not sure where that price point exists as a general rule (or if it really does at all). Certainly, a more glamorous, youthful appearance is worthwhile. Yet, I've seen this at a variety of price points. A more upscale environment is worth something, too. But I've had some of my best sessions in odd places, so while it may be more comfortable meeting someone at the Ritz Carlton (which I've done), it may be more exciting in the back room of a Brooklyn tenament (again, speaking from experience). Hard call.
  18. greyfox

greyfox

Before this thread dies,I'll add a couple of points I've thought about in the last few days.
    I actually see very few girls in the $200-$300 range anymore.If I see a slightly better than average looking girl who provides the 3 acronyms,smells good,and has a pleasant demeanor and playful attitude,I consider her a steal at $300.There is a group of girls priced from about $350 to $425 who are a little more glamorous(e.g. bigger fake tits),have a good rep &/or provide something extra that commands a premium & has added value for the average pervert(e.g.swallowing semen).These are kinda ramped up versions of vermeer's generic whores,and are the women I favor.I spend a lot of time looking for good deals in this range and have about an 80% satisfaction rate using reviews,experience,intuition,whathaveyou, to make my choices.If you just rolled the dice you would probably be terribly disappointed in this price range if you expected anything more than the $200 same old same old.I think BMM's assessment of eros as "a cesspool" attests to this and indicates the value of a good,reliable agency in this price range.

There are a few girls who price themselves around $500-$600,and probably more around $1000-$1200,with very few I know of between $700-$1000.The VIP eros section has a preponderance of girls listed around a grand with some requiring muliple hours minimums.(My favorite is the qui pro quo discount that some of these multi hour girls advertise for a donation to a a charity advancing rights of oppressed women.They can have their Gucci bag and fuck for women's rights,too.)I see some girls in this range,but you have to remember that most of these girls are seeing very few or only one guy a day.The time concept can range from a little bit looser to nebulous to non-existent in these encounters.Some of the girls' ads have vague statements like "arrangements begin at $1000",without time being stipulated at all.If you value meetings with prostitutes in terms of any kind of mathmatical ratio involving dollars,hours,and orgasms you shouldn't even be thinking about spending this kind of money for a whore....ever!.

I approach this "high end" considering that the woman wants at least $1000 to spend some time fucking an older man she doesn't know.The rates for multiple hours for girls asking for more than $500/hr can be very negotiable and the encounter itself usually results in more time than I expect.That said, I'm not looking for my fifth "cup" four hours into a two hour session,but during my last expensive session the girl was feeding me dessert in bed at that point,two hours after our arranged time had elapsed.I didn't expect her to order dinner for us.But was it nice to be pampered like that after fucking her in the ass while she worked a vibrator in her pussy an hour before?Well,yeah.Was it magical and did time stop?No.

High end agencies are probably a different story since the hourly rates are certainly more stringently applied.I don't use agencies above $400.But maybe some high end agency girls take a chance and extend sessions at lower freelance rates.I don't know.

After thinking about jl's post I realized that if I wanted an almost guaranteed session in a different league from the generic one without doing any research or having a connection I'd expect to pay an indie a grand minimum.I've actually thought about cutting the frequncy of my sessions to one third of what I've been doing and upping the ante.For now,I'll continue to spend endless hours online looking for a bargain ramped up generic whore.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  19. justlooking

justlooking

Or, sure, "at some point" the differences become, let's say, subtle. But isn't that the issue of this thread? Meaning, what are the differences and at what price point(s) do you start (and then stop) seeing them?
  20. justlooking

justlooking

It's the restaurant analogy. You'll never convince me that the difference between, say, Jean-Georges and, say, The Orchard is "in my head". It's different.