Massage parlor busted for prostitution

Discussion in 'NJ/NY/CT Massage / Spa' started by Al Kikuras, Sep 1, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. nabbeun

nabbeun

you know its funny that's exactly what they said to me during our last run-in...

it was enough years ago that things might definitely have changed.

however, during my most recent encounter with them, i would say not much has changed. same personalities, same smart remarks, same self-satisfied smirks. i don't think anyone asks to be assigned to vice...it's not the glamour spots in the pd so to speak. so they don't seem to draw the 'best of the best of the best'.

don't get me wrong. some were good. i liked the captain who ran the dept, he was smarter than the rank and went on to be appointed chief for a stint. but the avg came off as rejects from the man show...
  2. curious

curious

No such thing as too much evidence. Ideally, they'd like to present a stack of files six feet high (or higher) to buttress the charges. DA's don't like to be embarrassed.
  3. curious

curious

Kinda depends on how many years distant that "previous life" is, doesn't it?

Cops are not idiots.
  4. NJmasseur

NJmasseur

Dude, if they are advertising in a newspaper, they are providing illegal activities.

Have you ever known any that weren't?
  5. beeker

beeker

should it really take five months to determine is an amp is
    offering extras?
  6. nabbeun

nabbeun

they know what's going on everywhere. however, it's not because of these boards. if its an amp, they assume what's going on in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

and, from reports it seems that if they cannot bag a place legally, there are those who will just lie and manufacture evidence to get the conviction, relying on 'the officer's word vs the mp girl'. see the thread on nypd vice caught on the brooklyn amp's videotape to prove it.

in a previous life i worked with more than my fair share of vice officers, and none ever seemed particuliarly bright. most were computer illiterates. i doubt surfing the web and reading (also not a strong suit) whoreboards would be their preferred method of garnering info.
  7. klarch

klarch banned

If you think LE doesn't know exactly what goes on in these places, even without reading web boards you really need to think again. It just takes a complaint, or they need good press, for them to make a move on it.
  8. ShelbySmoked101

ShelbySmoked101

LE are no different than anyone else, they take the path of least resistance. Sending officers into every place takes time and $, so web posts that reduce the time and $ are appreciated.

The bust looks like it was caused by neighbors, so the web probably just made it easier.
  9. DaiDaiLun

DaiDaiLun

totally agree with you DL110... there will be people on the board that will be naive enough to say that LE doesn't use the boards to help them with the necessary info. Yeah sure, the LE does probably know of the places and where they're located, it's the info we provide on these boards that gives them some sort of idea of what's going on inside. They even admit to it in the articles for christ sake.
  10. DL110

DL110

I don't think LE can use the info posted on the website as evidence, but it will give them info on which spa and which girl gives extras. LE can then ask for that girl (referred by his friend John, Bob, etc as an excuse) and then try to catch her for solicitation or immigration violation.
  11. klarch

klarch banned

I'm sure they do get info on here about locations as well as suspected activities. I'm not too worried about it though.
  12. suddanlyknot

suddanlyknot

everybody is a smartass.. Ill be scolded Im sure.. but le DeoS get SOME of its info from the boards.. they ise the boards to sid.. not to necessarily compile their case.. all of them.. its up to the providers to be smart in clearing clients.. a reason I have not frequented some of my older haunts.. the girls had little if no screening process..
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  13. klarch

klarch banned

Not to mention, how could anything written on a web site be used as evidence of anything? I could write that the prosecuter's wife gave me a BJ last night for $20. Could she be convicted of that?
  14. NJmasseur

NJmasseur

Anyone who thinks LE gets their info from web sites is smoking wacky weed. All you have to do is read the personals classifieds to find a list of places breaking the law.

Christ, if I were LE I'd have made chief cleaning up just from the Star Ledger ads!
  15. oldmann

oldmann

SH? not familiar with that one. Translation por favor!
  16. DL110

DL110

Looks like LE got their info from SH. Their site is not as gated as here.
  17. momomini

momomini

Wow! I guess we all know it's going on, but to have it confirmed is somthing else.
  18. Al Kikuras

Al Kikuras

Asian Health Center has since closed up shop

BY TEHANI SCHNEIDER
    DAILY RECORD

MOUNTAIN LAKES -- An East Brunswick woman was charged with prostitution Thursday following a five-month investigation of a borough massage parlor that solicited customers for sex, authorities said.

Qingpei Wang, 50, was charged with two counts of the disorderly persons offense after she allegedly offered prostitution services to two undercover officers this summer at the Asian Health Center, Mountain Lakes Detective Shawn Bennett said.

The massage parlor, located in a suite in the Mountain Lakes Business Park, was leased to Wang. The center closed two weeks ago after the suite owner was charged by the borough zoning officer for prohibitive conduct within a business-zoned facility, Bennett said.

The Short Hills-based owner, Oliver Chou, was charged with violating the local ordinance on Aug. 4, and closed up shop soon after, Bennett said.

Bennett said police do not know if Wang was the supervisor of other employees at the center.

The investigation of the Asian Health Center began in April when the Morris County Prosecutor's Office advised police of the alleged services at the massage parlor.

Bennett said the prosecutor's officer was monitoring an underground website where massage parlors in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and California that offered varying degrees of prostitution were listed on a discussion board.

He said borough police do not know the clientele of the Asian Health Center, and do not plan to charge anyone else in relation to the center.

Borough police chose to expedite the investigation after receiving complaints from other businesses near Suite No. 10 in Building B, where the Asian Health Center operated, he said.

"Rather than go the route of doing a full-scale investigation and getting the records, we did the investigation ourselves to get a quicker resolution," he said.

Police conducted their own investigation, but spoke with the prosecutor's office on occasion, he said.

Officers posing undercover as clients visited the parlor on two separate occasions in July and August, Bennett said.

"They basically went into get a massage, and were offered prostitution services by Wang," Bennett said. "We were pretty certain that what we already knew what was going on. This was our proof of what was going on."