Metformin??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by joeyboy, Oct 17, 2014.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. joeyboy

joeyboy

Thanks guys! Means alot!
  2. kbpro

kbpro

take a alcohol wipe and wipe an area on your belly ,sure that's not too hard to find . Dial the prescribed amount 20 units ? stick it in and press ! sounds like something we've all done before . Seriously not difficult ! No pain at all gotta get used to it . It does help the A 1 C .
  3. genius

genius

When you buy the stuff talk to the pharmacist about it.

From the medical literature and experience with guys that had it, it is possible with rigorous exercise, weight loss and reasonable diet changes to greatly mitigate and in some cases either completely prevent or reverse the disease (type II).

"stupid is as stupid does" sums it up in nutshell. This is your life — just do it.
  4. genlock1

genlock1

There are plenty of You Tube Videos to show you how
  5. joeyboy

joeyboy

only thing is that i never injected myself with anything and not sure where to do it.my doc said anywhere is fine.he didn't have a sample to show me....i just hope i do it right!
    genlock1 likes this.
  6. joeyboy

joeyboy

thanks !
  7. kbpro

kbpro

It's a hideous disease , slowly but surely . I can say that exercise really helps my numbers . And "stupid is as stupid does" . Diet is so important but I'm not telling you anything you already know.
    backseat and joeyboy like this.
  8. joeyboy

joeyboy

Dr prescribed Victoza this time $40 for 1 month supply.Seems to be the cheapest so far.Only difference is the injection is 2 per day instead of 1 weekly....not sure of side effects yet
  9. Bloodhound

Bloodhound

10. Yagli

Yagli

Depending on your insurance, Bydureon can be free. There’s also a website to get savings cards for it. Ive been on it for almost a year now. doctor prescribed it instead of insulin since it’s a once a week injection. Just hate the tummy troubles that comes along with these kinds of medications.
  11. h50

h50

Maybe ask the pharmacist which is cheapest?
  12. joeyboy

joeyboy

I have no problems trying any of these but it depends on the cost.The Bydureon is way too expensive!!
  13. Woodguy

Woodguy

Maybe Victoza?
    It is supposed to help with appetite control as well.
  14. joeyboy

joeyboy

thank you! I will
  15. kbpro

kbpro

Ask about Tresiba , it has continuing coverage unlike others that fluctuate .
    joeyboy likes this.
  16. joeyboy

joeyboy

Sorry to resurrect this thread but it was very helpful yo me last time so figured i would give it another shot.December of last yr doctor prescribed Trulicity(pen to help with blood sugar) for me to use 1x weekly.Turned out is was like $250 for like a month or so...no way I was spending that.....Fast forward to last week back to doctor told him no way am i spending$250 he says don't blame you i wouldnt either.So he sends something else to CVS for me. Bydureon..so i call to find out how much and the girl says"right now we are out of stock but it is $1100!!! " what?! I say no way (after i laughed a bit).Then she says "but it is for 3 months" like that matters. Anyway put a call in to doc again.My question is: is there any pen-type injection that would help lower blood sugar that isn't crazy expensive? Weird cause my insurance is pretty good and not expensive at all usually for scripts.Thanks in advance
  17. vad1

vad1

Bydureon may be cheaper.

V
    joeyboy likes this.
  18. joeyboy

joeyboy

Doctor prescribed Trulicity once a week but was way too expensive even with my insurance ,looking for an alternative
  19. vad1

vad1

Few drugs that actually do that.

Look up GLP-1 agonists.

Hassle: injections only so far, I think. But a couple, like Bydureon, once a week shot.

Not for everyone. Plus insurance okaying or not ...

No, I don't own stock in the company.

V
  20. joeyboy

joeyboy

I do need to lose some weight and et my sugar under control.I have my good days and my bad .It isn't easy
    vad1 likes this.