Mets beat yanks!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by FrankM61962, May 20, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. SPORTBOOK

SPORTBOOK

it is true, boston is gonna fall and fall hard give it another week well be up a few games on em
  2. Lascivious

Lascivious

Funny thing, right now Beckett has a higher era than Randy. Boston, outside of Shilling has no starting pitching.
  3. Lascivious

Lascivious

Funny thing, right now Beckett has a higher era than Randy. Boston, outside of Shilling has no starting pitching.
  4. SPORTBOOK

SPORTBOOK

so what the guy took some steroids, atleast he had the balls to come clean and apologize to everyone, you think he was the only person hittin jacks like that bc of the steroids,
  5. robnotbob

robnotbob

Stirring the pot...

Giambi's quote today in the Times:

"I’m getting my pitch and not missing it, not fouling it back,” Giambi said. “Some years I’ve gotten a lot of doubles, but this year it just seems when I hit them and I put the good part of the bat on them, they’re going out of the ballpark.”

What he didn't say: I scored some HGH, so even though I admitted to the grand jury I took steroids, I still found a way to circumvent the rules.

He's not the "Giam-bino", just call him "Giam-BALCO".
  6. FrankM61962

FrankM61962

The Braves run of division championships will end this year...their pitching does not even come close to what the Mets can put out there both in starters and the Mets bullpen ridiculously outshines the Braves pen...in El Duque the Mets even have a reliable fifth starter...the Mets will finally give an NL east (division champ, Marlins have won two championships as wild cards) representative a legit shot at winning the world series as well!
  7. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

El Duque certainly looked quite good yesterday. Can he do it on a regular basis, at his age, probably not. The Braves will get stronger as the summer rolls along, and the Mets will play closer to .500 baseball than .650 baseball. It should be close, however, I will still go with the Braves to win the division.
  8. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

Lol. Actually, yes. The award for a non-Rican pretending to be one would have to go to Lo Duca. He was a perfectly good dago American before coming to the Mets. Look at him now that Omar & co. have got a hold on him. He's got the sides of his head shaved, a line goatee, boasts that he's from Brooklyn, his baseball skills have improved, even some of the hair on his back has receeded.

Well, I guess Omar has just brought him out of the closet. We all know that Italians are the Dominicans of Europe and the reasons for that.
  9. mitchmaxx

mitchmaxx

Its the Minya Latin thing, he has gotten us some really good players using it, Pedro, Degatto, but a few stinkers, or over priced guys as well...El Duque being one, Beltran another... You could have 50 David Wrights for the salary of 1 Beltran... Beltran has been clutch for us a few times this year, but I still think it was a horrible deal. 16 mil a year, the guy is a fuckin 275 lifetime hitter making superstar money, if he is the benchmark, wright should be making 100 mil a year!!!
  10. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

That's funny. He's 52 years old. I don't know what they expect out of him.
  11. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Yeah yeah, I know he's Dominican but we all know there are plenty of Ricans thrown into the mix in Washington Heights where he grew up. Sensitive are we? Besides, I knows a Rican when I sees one and even though he may not be one officially, have you ever seen anyone who is more Rican than he?

Another thing, his numbers were slightly down last year and they are down this year as well (even though he had a good couple games). It was a mistake of the Sox to dismantle the Dominican crew as led by Pedro. Now being that Manny is as dumb as a stump, he doesn't have anyone reminding him that he needs to get hits to win.
  12. mitchmaxx

mitchmaxx

We really want to go back to the Zambrano trade...thaaaat was a fuckin disgrace....
  13. robnotbob

robnotbob

No, no the actual comment s/b : I can't believe we gave up a very serviceable Number 3 (Benson) and his hot wife for a piece of shit middle reliever, non closer, home run giving up machine (Julio)
  14. mitchmaxx

mitchmaxx

I can't believe we gave up a great middle guy for a piece of shit has been....did George buy the Mets recently???
  15. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

El Duque to the rescue?
  16. DaiDaiLun

DaiDaiLun

Braves will some how find it's way to win the NL East. Yanks hard to say, because by all start break, they might have bought a whole new pitching staff.
  17. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Amazing as it may seem at this point in time, I really do not think the Mets will win the east, nor will the Yanks. I think the Yanks will get in as the Wild Card.
  18. DaiDaiLun

DaiDaiLun

Randy Johnson Sucks Dick!
  19. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

Manny isn't Puerto Rican. Of course, you have revealed yourself as an uneducated mule, so any attempt to correct you is probably pointless.
  20. SPORTBOOK

SPORTBOOK

i agree how the fuck does a-rod win MVP when he is not the yankee mvp, we need to get rid of this guy as soon as possible, i cringed the day i heard about him coming to the yankees, to make matters worse he is always bitching and moaning about something and making a big deal out of nothing, just keep your mouth shut and do your job, which is to hit the fucking ball and enough with these errors already, how long has he been playing third base almost three years, he has got to go. A-rod is good for three things, every time he steps up to the plate he is going to strike out, hit a home run or ground into a double play, there are no singles or doubles for that guy

I would love to get my hands on some of the shit that rangers owner Tom Hicks was smoking when he paid him so much i bet that shit is good
    Last edited: May 24, 2006