Mexico Promises to Block Border Wall Plan

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bushleaguer, Dec 21, 2005.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. lamont5123

lamont5123

...Lamont picks up a Play Bill, flips to the center, finds a $20 bill Thorn left for him...
  2. Thorn

Thorn

Comic relief.

He is the idiot savant juggler who comes on before the dog and pony act.

You have to remember to pick up the Play Bill before you entire the auditorium. It is the only way to follow along.
  3. lamont5123

lamont5123

I'm trying to figure out why he is tolerated.
  4. Mr. User Name

Mr. User Name

It's always refreshing to have Vermeer post his unbaised insights. (or should I say incites?)
  5. vermeer

vermeer

another good thing is that mexcians won't eat all your cats and dogs like the chinese and other orientals will.and they don't smell bad like the pakistanis. they are the perfect immigrants. let them all in so they can push the niggers into the sea!!
  6. vermeer

vermeer

God bless the mexicans! its their brown sweat that keeps this country humming. the irony of keeping mexicans out of california and texas!! this was wetback territory before uncle sam stole it from them.

better to have hard-working mexicans here than all the drunken irish, or shines from west africa selling fake vuitton bags on every corner.
  7. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Again, MOST ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS CAME HERE LEGALLY ON COMMERCIAL CARRIERS. THEY BECAME ILLEGAL WHEN THEIR VISA EXPIRED.
  8. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Ok, I mentioned outsourcing cause it can be said that it costs American jobs so it is a very closely related issue as many argue that's a big problem with immigration. As for US corporations turning a blind eye to the conditions in sweatshops, well they do more than that, they even make demands. Don't forget corporations like Wal Mart have a strong presence in China. They know exactly what they're doing. I think we have similar opinions on this practice.

You say, ------"I don't think the debate about illegal immigration is steeped in racism. This is NOT about keeping "them" out of our country. This is about stopping people from illegally entering this country.-----

Well it seems from several of the other posts, that they are just not wanted here period. I was responding to what some of the others have said.

I don't think a wall would change much. Most illegal immigrants arrive legally on commercial carriers but overstay their visa and become illegal.

Of course I think the system should be modified. I think we ought to accept that we use immigrant labor and allow it to happen legally. Many of these immigrants work just a few years here anyway. I'm not saying we should let everyone in.
  9. argleby

argleby

What scathing sarcasm. What wit. What nonsense.

Build the wall. Support legal immigration.
  10. bushleaguer

bushleaguer The CDC

If you want to discuss outsourcing, that's fine.....but that is a different issue. For what it's worth, I completely agree that there is way too much outsourcing going on. To add to your statistics, over 90% of clothing manufactured by US corporations is made overseas.....and it's in sweatshops. But the corporations turn a blind eye to it.....they aren't responsible for the working conditions of the factories they commission to make their wares.

In regards to your last comment - I don't think the debate about illegal immigration is steeped in racism. This is NOT about keeping "them" out of our country. This is about stopping people from illegally entering this country. Your position is the same as the President of Mexico's position....that this is about keeping Mexicans out. No it's not.....it's about fixing a broken system and making sure that immigrants in this country are documented. Do you think that Mexico lets people from neighboring countries come and go as they please? Look into what provisions Mexico takes on its own southern border. You'd be surprised.
  11. bushleaguer

bushleaguer The CDC

You are absolutely right. I think the quote you referenced included poor word choice on my part. "Outraged" would have been a more accurate word rather than "shocked." What I meant to say was that I find it ridiculous to cry racism over the whole thing. I don't think it's racist to work to stem illegal immigration.
  12. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

I know I know. I'm sorry everyone. What I meant to say was

Yea! They took r jobs!

They take our health care! They live like kings off our backs!

Yea man I'm American baby! Fuckin American!

Fuckin wetbacks, spics,

Fuckin terrorists!
  13. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Oh it's really sad how some will cling to their beliefs no matter what.

Undocumented immigrants are ineligible for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Understand?
    Sure there are holes and it varies state to state but generally these people do not see doctors. When they do, it's at an emergency room at a public hospital. Like I said before, I invite you all to do the same thing and show up at say Coney Island Hospital the next time you are ill. Of course, even if you survive the experience, "a doctor must certify you have an emergency" according to the NY State Dept. of Health.
    Yes of course if an illegal shows up with a bullet in him, they will treat him. They wont make him die, at least not on purpose.
    So, I think it's pretty clear that the undocumented and migrant workers aren't generally making out like bandits.

I know, the rest of you will start in that the legal ones are here eating up tons of benefits. Again, Federal welfare laws restrict non-citizen eligibility for a wide range of public programs, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), food stamps, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and Medicaid. There are so many studies that prove that an immigrant pays more into the system and recieves less. Immigrants contribute more in taxes than they receive in benefits. This is even confirmed by US Census reports.
    Don't believe me? Have a look at some of the more respected studies. I've seen detailed studies in many of the journals. Have a look at the American Journal of Sociology from the late 90's probably97-99. There was a key study right around the same time in Demography. Check out the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace findings. Also check out the Mexican Migration Project of Princeton University, it's pretty recent.
    However, if you rely on your local tv news, then just forget it, but if you want to have a better understanding of this situation you will have to do some research. Maybe you can get lucky and stumble on a non-propaganda website.

And for those of you that are angry they are taking our jobs, you are way off. You might want to have a good hard look at the WTO and "free trade."
    Consider that we import 700 billion or so in goods from China while sending them just a couple billion and what we send them is basically just raw material like some 3rd world country. We send 3 billion in scrap metal, cotton and recycled paper and get 700 billion in imports of tvs, phones, clothing.
    Hmmm.
    Have a look at the nation's biggest retailer Wal Mart. Over 90% of their stuff comes from China. That's right 90 fucking percent. They even tell their suppliers that they are looking for stuff made in China.
    What about the millions of jobs that are literally moved out of this country?

So please cut out this bullshit of immigrants here being an economic burden. If ya don't like people different from you, fine. You don't like what you don't like. No need to cling to some bullshit. I don't like being around big fat Puerto Rican Yankee fan hookers who claim to be British and I admit it.
  14. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Wake up and smell the coffee BL. Prominent liberals (the ones who appear on TV) don't believe in anything any more. They are so fucked up from being out of power that they will take any poisiton that they desperately hope will discredit their opponents. This works up to a point, but does not make people vote FOR them. Don't expect any big improvements until the current crop of losers moves on.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  15. HarryBeavers

HarryBeavers

Chuck U Far

Agreed. Medicaid opens the doors for health care for the Illegal Aliens, and other unfortunate people who may be a victim of society, incapable of providing for oneself the necessary means of sustaining a valued life.

Sure do Honey:people of European descent having usually light skin pigmentation

Fact: It may take a caucasian a year before he or she sees any benefit from medicaid.

I'm waiting patiently, oh professor of ??? What were you saying??

As to??? I'm waiting for your laconic reply

Yep that's it, you got me. I've been shot down by Tito the bowl shiner from the barrio.

Right!! that's what I'll do, get to the heart of the matter. Great ideas, keep up your top flight training course on Immigration. I'll keep handing out kleenex, and tylenol to our amigos. Don't worry it didn't cost you a cent. ;)
  16. lamont5123

lamont5123

Good points, Ozzy.
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy

True.. but what about medicaid? And what about walk in service at govt run hospitals (city hospitals) whrere illegals CAN NOT be denied service.

Also... Anyone with a brain knows medicaid is the bigger source of ripping off the tax dollars then medicare. Medicaid pays for things medicare would never consider.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  18. lamont5123

lamont5123

I guess someone dosen't know the largesse that many Russian immigrants receive from taxpayers.

This group is so special that many of them can receive SSI which is denied to many U.S.-born citizens.
  19. jras

jras

xxxenophobia

chuck -
    stop confusing the brown shirts with information
  20. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

You need to be legal to get what is officially called Medicare.

Being Caucasian does not disqualify you. Do you know what Caucasian means? It doesn't mean just American.

A working American is not disqualified either.

I wonder if someone like you is capable of learning anything anyway.

Your choice of words and tone are very revealing.

Maybe you're mad at some non American born person moving ahead of you at work cause he can fold a box or clean a toilet better than you.

Maybe you want some of those cushy jobs them foreigners get.
    Why don't we start with the Korean incall places. Get your sister or daughter in there to take their place. And tell her I aint paying more than $20 extra for anal.