Mills to sue tabloid after prostitution claims

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and Entertainment' started by HarryBeavers, Jun 14, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. HarryBeavers

HarryBeavers

I disagree with your statement. Divorced men,and women pepper the world both far and wide. With or without a partner, their needs must be tended to regardless of marriage or age.
  2. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

You can't be serious.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  3. justlooking

justlooking

How about you think that a woman SHOULD be a man's equal, but you recognize that as of now she isn't. Women don't get equal pay for equal work. Women don't get equal opportunities for promotion. Women tend to get stuck a lot more than men with childrearing obligations.

I have a feeling that we disagree about affirmative action, too. Because you seem to feel like aspirations aren't something you work towards, but rather something you can shove down their proponents' throats and make them pretend are true, when everybody knows they're not.
  4. justlooking

justlooking

My wife brought a lot more property to our marriage than I did. It never occurred to either of us that we didn't then each half own it.
  5. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

Ain't one of y'all that would trade places with me, and I'm rich. There's probably a white peg-legged busboy walkin' around sayin', 'Nu-uh! I'm gonna ride this white thing out and see where it takes me.

- Chris Rock
  6. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

But the wedding made the assets joint property, which Paul knew perfectly well when he enterred into the marriage contract. Nobody forced him to get married and surely he must have been aware of the risks. He made a conscious decsion and now he has to live with the consequences.

Also, the sword cuts both ways, but I think the blade is definitely sharper in one direction. That is to say, I wouldn't trade my 'y' for anything ('specially not another 'x')
  7. Bandaid

Bandaid

Harry,

I predict people will be having less sex as time goes on. The sexual trajectory of people's lives will be almost all the sex early, dropping off sharply, more so than in decades past. It seems that women divorce and don't replace their partners and don't miss having one.
  8. HarryBeavers

HarryBeavers

Marriage- Will meet the age of the dinosaur in the next 30-50 years. Today's man has nothing to to gain, and ALL to lose by getting married. My forcast predicts more sex for hire institutions with this trend too.
  9. Thorn

Thorn

Why is she entitled to even 1/100 of 500 million if she did absolutely nothing to generate any of that wealth, including making it possible for him to make it. That wealth existed before they wed.

She has her own job. She makes good money from it. She is entitled to child support for the time that their child is with her. She should pay child support for the time the child is with Sir Paul.

How can you support a woman's rights out of one side of one's mouth while prescribing to the notion that she must be taken care of after she separates from her husband because 'she is incapable of providing for an existence for herself', which is precisely the one and only reason such settlements came into being in the first place.

You can't have your cake and eat it to. Either a woman is a man's equal, or she isn't. She can't be equal in the work place, equal in the home, equal in the club house, equal in street and than become this shrinking violet that must be maintained in a style to which she has become accustom before the bar of equity.
  10. Thorn

Thorn

Sure it is. But my particular bone of contention [getting off topic] is that there is a large segment of the 'feminista' [not the same thing as feminism] who refuse to acknowledge that the sword cuts both ways.

I could list a litany of examples where the double standard works against men but I'll spare everyone.

I use to consider myself a feminist, as I am very much in favor of women's rights. Now I just believe in "people's lib" and I am very much in favor of equal rights for both men and women. Kill the double standards all together, across the board. Give the man an equal right to stay home with the kids. Pay him alimony, and child support, if the couple gets divorced. If both people work, joint custody and each pays equally for the maintenance of the kids and has equal decision making, etc and so forth.
  11. Ozzy

Ozzy

Just taking Thorns insanely low figure of 10 mil over 4 years which is probably what she'll get just for yearly child support... that figures out to about $7,500 per day. That's more than any hoor gets for 24 hrs.

And there's no lawyer or court on this planet thats letting a multi billionaire who fathered a child, off the hook for a hundredth of their worth... cept mebe in places like Saudi Arabia, but they're idea of traditional divorce is cutting off the ex-wives head?
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  12. justlooking

justlooking

Oh, so you think that economically encouraging a group of people to marry from money and discouraging them for working for a living (since they don't make the same pay) -- and then discrediting that type of behavior -- isn't a double standard?
  13. Thorn

Thorn

Ten mil and out the door.

Marriage was too short. He will, besides the rest of this business discussed here, claim she was off most of the time and basically created a state of "constructive desertion".

Finally, she has no claim that she contributed in any way to the generation and creation of his wealth.

So I would guess no more than 10 mil and child support. He may even get the child himself [though I wouldn't bet on it heavily].

Still, not a bad pay day for a four year marriage. [And women claim there is a double standard that works against them... tell us about it.]
  14. Bandaid

Bandaid

We're not even sure Paul got that after the wedding.

Prenups aren't any good in the UK, apparently. This is from a UK law firm's website:

"Pre-nuptial agreements are not generally enforced in the English divorce courts. A divorce lawyer is often asked about the possibility of making a pre-nuptial agreement before entering into a marriage. The normal reason for asking is that at least one of the parties to the intended marriage wishes to preserve previously acquired assets from the jurisdiction of the divorce courts. Unfortunately, the answer in almost all cases is that the jurisdiction of the divorce courts cannot be ousted in this way and that a pre-nuptial agreement is hardly worth the paper it is written on."
  15. Kimmie

Kimmie

Um.... NO brainiac!!

She is his wife and she gets that insane amount because they are divorcing and had a daughter together, hes loaded. And, most importantly, they had no pre - nup!

This is why I always say, dont get married, hiring a ho is cheaper in the long run.

But love makes people do stupid things.
  16. Ozzy

Ozzy

Considering Paul is gonna pay about 500 mil for a few years of sugardaddy type service, I'd say she qualifies as a whore.
  17. Daddycool

Daddycool

why are you going to over pay!! She is at tops a 400 an hour girl. Jk
  18. misterxyz

misterxyz

If Blonde Kelly doesn't want toes in there, I wonder how'd she feel about a stump?
  19. scoochamenz1

scoochamenz1

mmmmmmm stump sex
  20. daengman

daengman

Now that she is the ex of Paul McCartney I'm sure that her rates will go up. Even as an amputee or maybe because of it, she should get atleast a grand for an hour.