Misc Board Stuff - Please Read

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Slinky Bender, May 25, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Phantom

Phantom

Hey Rooster,

Did you save the emails from this person? If push comes to shove, just might have to post those emails here.
  2. Phantom

Phantom

See Slinky, I'm not the only one. And God knows how many others there are who haven't spoken up because maybe they felt intimidated by the BS being shoveled out privately.

[Edited by Phantom on 09-04-2001 at 07:58 PM]
  3. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Slinky You May Want To Check Out Rule #7

Slinky,

I agree with the Phantom-are you still interested in carrying out Rule #7? After an afternoon of demeaning private e-mails, I would hope you choose to try and correct the issue.
  4. Phantom

Phantom

Slinky,

Are you still interested in being in the loop about members of UG who break rule #7?
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

well ad posts are not allowed.....

he would have seemed like a FH if he left it up.

oh shit, i broke rule #4
  6. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

ROb

Coz he spelt Rachel wrong
  7. robnotbob

robnotbob

sb: your rachelle link doesn't work..any info GFE, DATY, BBBJ, AC/DC, Greek, M-O-U-S-E????

Oh calm down, it's Monday!
  8. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

For the new guys/gals to see it.
  9. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Just a few items regarding UG "stuff" in no particualr order:

1) Just since I haven't said this in a while.......WE DON"T ALLOW "AD POSTS". In other words we will not leave up posts which are essentially just ads, like "HI, my name is Rachelle, my website is http://www.rachelle.com, take a look". Anyone who has something to say is welcome to post an opinion, a funny story....whatever. But no ads.

2) We do have a Classified Ads section ( see that "Classifieds" button in the upper left corner ? ). To encourage long term support from our ladies, we have recently added "long term" reduced rates. A six month ad is now only $200 ( I think that's less than 1 month on either Exotics or Eros, no ? ). As far as I know everyone who has advertised in this section has gotten tons of calls/website hits. It also helps us defray the costs of running the site ( hint hint hint ).

3) Please patronize our advertisers, and let them know you saw them on Utopiaguide.com

4) Please try to cut down on the "private winks and nods" when posting. I realise that it's often fun to be in the "in" crowd, but it can be off-putting to other members when too much "secret code" is being passed back and forth. This is not to say you can't use common acronyms ( BBBJ, DATY, etc. ), just the "yeah, I saw our friend from LI, too, hehehe" type stuff.

5) "Disinformation" is strictly prohibited. In other words, someone posting falsely to "throw other guys off the track" will be dealt with ( in an unpleasant manner ).

6) We have a great group of people, but are still very "New York centric". Please, please, please...if you have any friends from other cities, let them know we have openned a number of boards. I am open for suggestions as to how to get them going ( please email me ).

7) It has recently come to my attention that some members have been writing to some of the newer members and scolding them for their posts. While I appreciate any attempts to help make the board a better place, I am worried that any self appointed "style police" will chase people away. please leave the policing to us. If anyone writes to you and admonishes you, please keep me in the loop. My prefernces is to hear all opinions on all matters; if even to only be able to know when someone may have some concepts that need enlightening ( i.e. if someone actually is "misinformed", but they are afraid to talk about it, how will we ever teach them what is the right way ??? ).