More Judeo-Christian terrorists arrested...

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Gavvy Cravath, Jun 23, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

No comment. I don't want to be responsible for making you late to Roosevelt any more. Gavy would never forgive me. LOL
  2. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

See Dave I told you I knew what I was talking about LOL!!
  3. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

Oh boy, there are tons of other threads out there like this. And I'm sure gavy will dig up every one of them lol.
  4. marcinny

marcinny

PB is right though.

CAIR complains about the treatment of Muslims in US. However, CAIR is sponsored by the Saudis, a country where there are no churches and the non-Muslims who die are not allowed to be buried there. They are kept in refrigerators until transported to be buried outside of the country.

I agree to many of their points and I have a regular feed from them by ******. However, I would never accept CAIR as partner or ally. I do disrespect them for their double standards. As every other lobby organization in US they exist as long as there are problems for Muslims in this country. They exaggerate incidents and do help in fact in increasing the isolation of the Muslims in this country.

I am not sure if they have blamed 9/11 on the Jews, but I would be cautious in quoting them. And yes, for the many contradictions in my post they still are the best organized Muslim organization in US.
  5. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

I knew that guy never liked me. That's it. Next time we rumble.
  6. Gavvy Cravath

Gavvy Cravath Moderator Emeritus

No joke, but bunyon made me do it!!!!!
  7. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Yeah, thats pretty funny shit. Hard to believe it was a little over a year ago.

Oh, and way to dig up the past, shit-stirrer LOL {emphasis added to the LOL}
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  8. Gavvy Cravath

Gavvy Cravath Moderator Emeritus

ROTFLMAO!!

Do you see the humor in this now!?!?

Gavy
  9. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Yeah, and of course you know I value your opinion so very much.
  10. vermeer

vermeer

most italians ARE in the mob, or wish they were. they are by nature a lazy and shiftless race looking for the easy dollar. ALL indians do smell because they eat onions and curry all day.

11. lamont5123

lamont5123

Hey, so whatever happened to these "terrorists?"

Any bomb making materials found?

Any maps or photos of targets?

Any suspicious Web postings or electronic mailings or recordings of conversations?
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  12. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

Oh, excuse me. You quoted a guy who was quoting what the scumbags from CAIR were spouting. Some difference.
  13. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

Show where were Juan Cole is a spokesman for CAIR and then show me CAIR blaming 9/11 on the Jews. Go ahead please show me, stupid.
  14. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

That's idiotic. It is not as if the entire religion of Islam declared war on us.

And what does this have to do with you anyway? Why don't you let your bud Gavy speak for himself.
  15. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

If they were waging war against us then maybe he would have the gall to say negative things about some in those groups.
    Oops, I hope I don't piss you off so then you'll want to lop my head off like those practioners of the religion of peace love to do.
  16. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

Great, Bill, quoting a scumbag from CAIR now. Real reputable organization. Are they still blaming 9/11 on the Jews? Next thing you'll take what the Iranians are saying at face value.
  17. justbill_redux

Maybe not. A interesting analysis from a Liberal Middle East expert.

Friday, June 23, 2006
    CAIR: Miami Cult not Muslims

I just saw the spokesman for the Council on American Islamic Relations on CNN saying that the Miami cult members just arrested are not Muslims. I'd say that is a fair statement.

For one thing, they are vegetarians!

It seems pretty obvious that they are just a local African-American cult which mixed Judaism, Christianity and (a little bit of) Islam. It seems to be a of vague offshoot of the Moors group founded by Dwight York. I heard on CNN that one of them talked of being Moors. And Batiste, the leader, called whites "devils" in the tradition of the original Nation of Islam and York's Moors. Now CNN is saying one member said they practiced witchcraft [likely meaning Haitian voodoo or perhaps Santeria-like rituals]. One former member is called Levi-El, suggesting he might be associated with the Black Hebrew movement or an offshoot. Now a relative of one of the members, Phanor, said that they wore black uniforms with a star of David arm patch and considered themselves of the Order of Melchizadek. I wonder if it is "Seas of David" or "C's of David", with "c" meaning commando or some such?

I define cult as a religious group that has values that put it in a high state of tension with the norms of mainstream society, and that has a leadership that imposes high levels of discipline and demand for control of adherents' lives.

This Seas of David group primarily seems to have been studying the Bible. The mother of one insisted that he is a Catholic. Then there is all that Jewish symbology and terminology, even in their names. Islam was nothing more for them but a set of symbols they could pull into their syncretic local culture. The group drew on poor Haitian immigrants and local indigent African-American youth. If this were the 1960s, they'd have been Black Panthers or Communists.

[SNIP]

Source http://www.juancole.com/2006/06/cair-miami-cult-not-muslims-i-just-saw.html

Whatever their religious beliefs anyone plotting to bomb American cities needs to be stopped
  18. justbill_redux

WOW, you had to go back 4 years to pull that one out of the garbage.

From http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0730/p01s03-lehl.html

Learning>Higher Learning
    from the July 30, 2002 edition

Edgy first college assignment: Study the Koran
    By Patrik Jonsson | Special to The Christian Science Monitor
    CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – Brynn Hardman was all set to sit back and glide through some Danielle Steel on Atlantic Beach this summer.

Just graduated from high school in Raleigh, N.C., she was looking forward to a bit of light fare before hitting the heavy tomes of freshman year. Instead, the tanned teen is immersed in the curlicue phrasings of what would have been her personal last choice for beachside reading: the Koran.

Ms. Hardman and 3,500 other soon-to-be freshmen at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill have a controversial assignment: to delve into excerpts of a text invoked by the Sept. 11 terrorists. Only two pages into "Approaching the Qur'an," by Michael Sells, Hardman says the book is "an awful choice."

[SNIP]

What's more, the ACLU has vowed to oversee some of the discussion groups, which will be led by about 180 faculty volunteers who were trained this summer. School officials say the program will "pass the smell test." But they won't comment on the lawsuit, which was filed by three freshmen of various religious backgrounds and the Virginia-based Family Policy Network.

[SNIP]

Such messages are important, UNC faculty and administrators say, to counter the hate-filled rhetoric put forth by Osama bin Laden and other Islamic radicals who see themselves at war with the Western world.

"If Americans don't want to learn about them because of the attacks last September, we are missing an opportunity to advance ourselves and learn about who we are, as well," Ernst says. "After all, there are more Muslims in the US than Jews."

[SNIP]

"I don't really care about learning about [Muslims] right now," he says. "I'm not in an enlightened state of mind. If anything, I want to worry about ourselves, and turn to our own religion."

Kevin Silva from Bedford, Mass., agrees: "I feel kind of forced to do something I wouldn't normally do."

But their new friend Jon Van Assen from South River, N.J., takes a more pragmatic view of the assignment: "It's provocative, but that's what gets people thinking," he says.

[SNIP]

Nope dont want any thinking going on there.
  19. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

20. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

I don't know if they are terrorists, but the Christian Right in this country has hijacked the Republican party in recent years.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2006