My Luncheon with Lemur....

Discussion in 'New York' started by mr. wonderful, Aug 3, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

When I hear that places don't offer free refills, I sometimes boycott their sodas by drinking water, then buying a Pepsi in the nearest store after I leave. Damn them all!!!
  2. MJC185

MJC185

I must ask...DO YOU GET OUT AT ALL??? ;)

The only reason I can find to get lunch with Lemur is so I can give him the old 'damn, I forgot my wallet' routine and make him pay for my burger and three cokes. (who woulda thunk it that a restaurant charges for each and every coke at $3 a pop???)

Seriously though, glad you two were able to meet and enjoyed each others' company.

MJC
  3. mr. wonderful

mr. wonderful

Bite Me???....

Oh, that is so weak. I guess what everyone is saying behind your back must be true. Oops.

MW
  4. Lemurrush

Lemurrush

Well, let's just call it a lower Manhattan establishment! ;) I don't know that the word "fine" belongs in there. The only reason I didn't have to eat with a weapon by my side, was because I wasn't fearful of the bartender stealing my food -- what would be the point, with only her one tooth to chew with ;)

Bite me ;)
  5. mr. wonderful

mr. wonderful

Lemur. I have personally see woman scream hysterically and grown men break down in tears and wet themselves upon the utterance of that name. Lemur.

So it was with the greatest of trepidation that Mr. Wonderful, in an effort to continue his research on the psyche and neuroses of hobbyists who maintain intricate rating systems, met with the aforementioned Lemur for lunch at one of lower Manhattan's finer establishments.

In short, it was a truly enlightening experience for this writer, and I was even able to get a couple of words in edgewise as Lemur greedily devoured his turkey sandwich, and washed it down with a double order of Cokes.

Unfortunately, other commitments prevent me from going into greater detail at the moment (actually, I have to go take out the garbage). Suffice it to say, I considered this to be one of the highlights in my long, non-descript, career. Obviously, I need to get out more.

MW