Need input

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Slinky Bender, Jan 26, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. San_Te

San_Te

One Eyed, thanks for the compliments!
  2. San_Te

San_Te

Ozzy, I am back! Please let me know who you have! Thanks.
  3. robnotbob

robnotbob

Allen: That's a "Gem"

rnb
  4. Rufus Moses

Rufus Moses

Hey APH SB...

I'd suggest a state list under the region names. Along with the states have the most popular cities listed. And ask posters to note when they are *near* one of the big cities. Visitors might not realize that, for example, Cicero and Evanston border Chicago.

Most boards seem to have a hard time organizing the non-coast part of the board in a way the actual users would intuit. e.g. where does the midwest stop and the southwest start?

Anyway, its worth the effort I think. Good info for hobbyists in the heartland is hard to come by, so there is unmet demand, plus those folks come to visit NYC (etc) on business, so its really good for your local advertisers.

-rufus
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

san_te

holy shit!

i dig her soooo much. i was just looking her up the other day.

i got one for you back here when/if you make it back.
  6. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

Attn San-Te, oh exhaulted one

I'm not worthy to be addressed by you sir

Not just the 'last', but the sum of the parts.

APM, Allen. Make San_Te Double Platinum...there's no need to hold this horn dog back
  7. San_Te

San_Te

One Eyed and Ozzy, I guess you guys saw my last set of pics. LOL
  8. Allen

Allen Webmaster?

9. One Eyed Trouser Trout

phuckin show-off
  10. Allen

Allen Webmaster?

jester,

I've spoken to the vendor of the board software and the next version will have keyword searches by post. It's in beta right now and they tell me it won't be long till it's out, so we'll give them a bit before I start screwing around with it.

Who am I? Well, just to piss of my silver brethren, let's see if I can do something here....
  11. Ozzy

Ozzy

what about the APM.......isn't that higher than great powerful.
  12. jester

jester

So should we refer to him as the "Great and Powerful"?

Or is Ozzy going to claim first dibs?
  13. fletch

fletch Voice of Reason

Allen is the man behind the curtain. Pay no attention to him.
  14. Ozzy

Ozzy

majestic

you ain't kiddin.
  15. One Eyed Trouser Trout

Nominate SanTe for automatic Silver

APM

Don't ask me for all the particulars, but SanTe has driven thru more majestic labia in the past month than I ever hope to encounter.....

Make him Silver already...no delays. Hell, maybe even Gold or Platinum.
  16. jester

jester

Allen,

Can't ask for any more than that. You're the best.

Hey veterans! Would I get a response like that from any of the other boards? Or would I get a "limitations of the software" response.

Three "attaboy"s for Allen for even trying, and another three if he succeeds.

PS. If Slinkybender is the moderator, what is Allen? No offense, I'm still figuring out how these boards work. I have tons of respect for anyone who is willing to put their time into a board, considering what they have to put up with. :)
  17. Allen

Allen Webmaster?

San Te

As I mentioned in another thread, the entire site has been slow and will be for another day or so. After that, you should be fine.

jester,
    Let me see if I can hack the board to display individual messages on a search, if it's possible I'll do it.
  18. San_Te

San_Te

That is the way I have been getting to the unread messages but it takes forever to reload all the messages. If it is on more than one page it is even worse. It is not very user friendly at all. I want to be able to look at the thread, see what I haven't read and only read those messages. I don't want to see anything I have already read. Thanks.
  19. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

San_te,
    It's already there. In the very first column are these little envelope icons. And then once you get inside, you can click on the "unread messages" bar.
  20. jester

jester

I agree.

Also, while this may be a software issue and beyond our APM's control, the search function bites.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, when you search for a keyword, it displays the threads wherein said keyword appears. If the thread is 7 pages long, this is not very helpful.

As time goes on and this board gets bigger this will be a severe liability.