New owners of TBD?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by San_Te, Feb 12, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Cloud Nine

Cloud Nine I had to open my big mouth.......

hmmmm...I was just in Florida, I wonder if it's me?
  2. pswope

pswope One out of three

foX

One of the craziest and saddest deveolpments in PMB culture is that a certain percentage of PMB johns actually take pride in being elite & superior johns. Unlike the Player's Ball in Milwaukee, I don't think they give a trophy for this honor.

Glad to see you kept your perpsective.
  3. foX

foX

Re: For the Unitiated

Current Owners = New Owners

Former Owners = TBD & Company

Look. I know who has purchased TBD, and it is not any of the obvious folks or any of those I have seen circulating in the rumor mill.

I am not telling, sorry. The owners wish to stay behind the scene and to have no public persona beyond that of running the board. I think the best chance for the site to establish some integrity is if the owners remain anonymous and do not become famous public PMB johns.

And I will reiterate my answer. I don’t know for sure. I am not a fortuneteller. I simply believe this to be the case and am willing to give the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong. I am not asking you to join me, merely stating my one, single, solitary opinion.

pswope, your post was the best laugh I have had in weeks. Thank you for the kind words, but I am afraid, in your music analogy, I am more Tiny Tim than Bo Diddley.

Just for the record, your statement quoted above is the reason for my reclusive posture these last few years. Being one of the top ten most famous john in America seemed a dubious honor indeed….. but in any venue, fame is something I do not understand, desire, or enjoy… so… if, as the saying goes, I am entitled to my 15 minutes….. I’ll donate mine to charity.
  4. donquixote04

donquixote04

Okay, if I misunderstood, then all I can say is that foX's answer implies he knows who the new owners are and has had past experiences with them. So, if it isn't too much to ask, foX, who are they, and what was the nature of your past experiences with them? This is simply another way of reiterating JoeyP's question: "I'm just curious - how do you know that the new owners are "responsible and credible" and will be "running it like a business"?
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2003
  5. jasonbuju

jasonbuju

unless he is a fortune teller thats how i read his post as well.
  6. John Blackthorne

John Blackthorne

Re: Re: Re: Re: My guess.......

Now THAT's certainly giving them the benefit of the doubt..lol.

I agree with foX, btw..I think you are gonna see the good stuff remain and the bad stuff disappear.

At least I am willing to see.

JB
  7. justlooking

justlooking

I read foX to mean that the "current owners" are the "new owners".
  8. donquixote04

donquixote04

Re: Re: Re: My guess.......

I don't mean to put you on the spot, or beat a dead horse, but this answer doesn't make any sense to me. Let's, for the sake of discussion, assume that the current owners are complete saints on earth. How does this help us predict what the new owners will be like?

Do you think, for example, that the current owners wouldn't sell the site to anyone who was less saintly than themselves? If so, what makes you think that the current saintly owners will be able to predict how saintly the new prospective owners are likely to be?

And what about those readers of your post who don't want to assume that the current owners have been such saintly guys themselves?

Bottom line? TBD under the new owners is as likely to be bottom-crawling scum as it is to be a good site.
  9. pswope

pswope One out of three

For the Unitiated

FoX (nee Fox MUlder) is one of the most venerated PMB johns outhere. On the scene ,since the LA is Fun board,his thoughtful and honest posts have won him fans(johns & working girls alike) from coast to coast and made him the quintessential insider.

Apparently bored with having intelligently posted on every conceivable PMB topic over the past few years,he tends to his won PMB in Texas and enjoys the veneration& mileage) of working girls from coast to coast. Some say he is to PMBs,what Bo Diddley is too music.

When he completely ceases posting,he will no doubt be immediately inducted into the posting john hall of fame.
  10. foX

foX

Re: Re: My guess.......

Well, fact is, I can’t tell the future, so I don’t know for sure what anyone is going to do. I simply believe, based on my past experience and knowledge of the current owners, that they have every intention of being good stewards and operators.

foX
  11. foX

foX

Hi Candie

Hi Candie, I was in DC last week, and I missed you. Thought you were making a visit down that way? Guess I gotta mosey up your way.

foX
  12. JoeyP

JoeyP

Re: My guess.......

I'm just curious - how do you know that the new owners are "responsible and credible" and will be "running it like a business"?
  13. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

The rumor persists. Taylor-Li, and Spanky are the rumored new owners.
  14. galahad

galahad

I think fox that as usual you have stated without color I might add an accurate representation of what has happened.

The only thing I will point out is if you look closely it really is John Blackthorne who made the original statement.

San_Te it appears is still incapable of doing the same.
  15. candie

candie

sweet warm soft kisses to you Fox! Come to NJ/NYC ~
  16. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

Damn, I thought it was you foX, now I gotta make another guess.
  17. foX

foX

My guess.......

......... is that the new owners are, as San_Te said, not telling. Nevertheless, I also have a feeling that the board is under very responsible and credible ownership, and you won't be seeing the kind of crossover indiscretions and other problems that plagued TBD previously. I think the new owners will be running it like a business and will try to make it an impartial vessel for communication and information.

Just so you know, I am NOT the owner nor connected in any way with TBD.

foX
  18. candie

candie

I am happy for that forum as they must of got great advice and decided to protect themselves from futher harassments.
  19. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

It seems that they added servers recently. I always get on quickly.
  20. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

I doubt it would be Spanky. Last time I heard, he was working in a laboratory trying to find ways to grow basil on a bowling ball or something.