Now I understand Dave Chappelle thanks to Jim Breure

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LARRYDARRELL, Feb 7, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. LARRYDARRELL

LARRYDARRELL

The "chappelletheory" is a professionally crafted tool created to mold the perceptions of the masses.

Think about it... who would create such a thing? Who would or rather why would such a thing be created? What value does it have and to whom? Who ever needed to create that felt that molding an opinion had great value and then did what it took to put that together for this said purpose.

This is not my thought on the subject it is the obvious recognized understanding of all who know these things. "People in the know", know that the "chappelletherory" has no legitimate value other then to those who have a certain agenda that it serves and serves well.

Too bad everyone did not have the budget or resources to create such a thing when we need to push a certain self serving notion, myth, or agenda.

Propaganda can exist in simple forms or complex forms. Both serve the mission well. But no matter what direction is taken, it is when it is pretty and neat and comes in an impressive packaged that it is most often just taken as the real thing before anyone questions it's origin, purpose of service?

And yes I love the movie "JFK".
  2. vermeer

vermeer

just goes to show that theres a huge untapped market for good nigger jokes!

i'm pitching a show to HBO right now about a greedy jew, lazy mexican, and black astronaut.
  3. beeker

beeker

4. letsgetstarted

letsgetstarted

Things are getting heavy here.

I had heard that DC had quit because of the pressure. And that's what he basically admitted in the interview.

I have never seen him out of character before.
  5. LARRYDARRELL

LARRYDARRELL

letsgetstarted please tell me how much of your comment's do you think are fueled by what has been everywhere about DC since his departure from CC...

aspecially the "medication" and "mental illness" part or "your" comments.

And did you read my opening post in this thread?
  6. LARRYDARRELL

LARRYDARRELL

If you are a fan of Chappelle you would know he is weird... "period"!

I think this person's comments are the fulfillment of what was intended from the media spin put-out by the Comedy Central's executives or rather the executives behind the executives at CC. That would be the conglomerate that own's CC.

This guys remarks are the manufactured image that was aggressively spun from unknown sources from the time Chappelle departed till the time he resurfaced.

This spin is "the man's" cover.

This manufactured image is the overwhelming perception aggressively generated and successfully spun that Jim Breuer debunked for me.

Chappelle's eyes have always been glassy and his body movements have always been weird. But know it is the confirmation of the spin! Come on!

I still have not registered on the breuerunleashed website chat room to ask for the clip from 02.06.06 that they said they would put up. I think I will just call the show and ask.
  7. lamont5123

lamont5123

Isn't Dave a tad young to have contracted Parkinson's?
  8. letsgetstarted

letsgetstarted

I am a fan of DC

I saw DC on Inside the Actor's Studio last night. DC eyes were glassy and his body movements were weird. I was thinking drugs, medication, mental illness or Parkinsons.
  9. LARRYDARRELL

LARRYDARRELL

I will registar on the breuerunleashed website chatroom and remind them to put up that audio clip as they said they would.
  10. fumpton

fumpton

Breurer and Chappelle had a show on ABC in the mid-90s. Didn't last too long.
  11. aceofclubs26

aceofclubs26

I wouldn't be surprised that Jim Breur nailed it right on the head. I think him and Dave Chapelle have been close friends for years.
  12. lamont5123

lamont5123

Larry,

Which clip? Do you have a direct link?
  13. LARRYDARRELL

LARRYDARRELL

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  14. lamont5123

lamont5123

I could understand that.

But the most successful Black comedians made their living from poking fun of their own.

It was just done in an intelligent way.

What did Chappelle think he was going to do? Turn his show into a Black Saturday Night Live?

His fans tuned in every week to see which Black celeb or Black slice of life he was going to skewer next.

It's pretentious of him to start out by ridiculing some segments of Black society and then all sudden, sign for big bucks and then get all righteous.

Few Black people were complaining about his show.

The fact that so many non-Blacks folks dug it dosen't mean Chappelle was belittling Black people. It is proof that our society has become more tolerant, more diverse and more knowledgeable of different cultures.
  15. LARRYDARRELL

LARRYDARRELL

I would think Chappelle was the main creator of the skits in the first season but after he signed the very big contract everything changed.

The show was born of very modest expectations but once the show exploded and DC signed the very big contract he was flooded with pressure from every corner to do "this" and to do "that"...

and every one of these pressures was to push the black mocking stuff.

I think that when Chappelle created his skits that could have offended allot of black people it was self-deprecation, but after the big contract "the man" felt he owned DC and felt the right to pressure DC to do what they wanted.

Once it was the "money-men" pressuring DC to push the black stuff it was no longer self deprecation.

This specific unrelenting pressure was what compelled Chappelle to walk away.
  16. lamont5123

lamont5123

The interesting thing about the Wayne Brady piece is that he did it after his morning show had been cancelled by ABC Television.

I believe it was still being aired, but he was told that Tony Danza was getting his time slot.

Maybe he wanted to get back.
  17. njbandit

njbandit

I own the Chapelle shows on DVD. One of the extras is Dave explaining how Wayne Brady was a big fan of his and that it was Wayne's idea to portray that character because his television persona is/was too caucasian approved.
  18. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

It's too bad. That Chappelle show was some funny shit. The funniest thing I've seen in a year was that bit with Wayne Brady as a hard ass pimp/dealer. Also, that bit of Rick James going over to Eddie Murphy's house and putting his dirty shoes on his white sofa was hysterical.
  19. lamont5123

lamont5123

Very interesting observation. I was under the impression that Chappelle was in favor of those skits.
  20. LARRYDARRELL

LARRYDARRELL

I was listening to The Jim Breuer Show on Sirius satellite radio and they had a audio clip of Dave Chappelle's recent appearances on Oprah and 60 Minutes.

They also had a clip from several months ago of their own show of Breuer telling his audience what is really going on with Chappelle. This Breuer clip was recorded at the time that Chappelle took-off and then it came out he was "crazy".

The amazing thing other then Breuer's hilarious impersonation of Chappelle was how Breuer's comments from many months ago matched exactly what Chappelle was saying now on Oprah and on 60 Minutes.

It was amazing!

It was even more amazing because Breuer was able to show me a white guy what it must have felt like to be a black guy being humiliated all for the almighty dollar and how fucking low it feels.

Breuer told of when he was on the FOX Network late night comedy show called Uptown Comedy Show. This was either just before InLiving Color or around the same time but this show was on opposite Saturday Night Live.

Breuer was the only white guy on the show that was taped in Harlem. They had a skit that was a game show called "Retribution".

In the skit if the white person got the answer wrong they got slapped in the face. When the slap was applied it was a great thing for the audience. They loved it! The audience went wild in excited approval. This was repeated a few times and Breuer felt so low.

I think he said he felt so low to be degrading his race and to be that tool to be degrading it. I think he said something like it was a deep hurt to be the recipient of the response and to be the dagger that was that deep hurtful stab.

I am not sure that was exactly his point, these are my words, I don't remember his words but this is how I took it.

But the amazing thing and the important thing is how it showed me what Chappelle was going threw with having to do skits that was all about racial degradation all for the satisfaction of the white mans bottom line (aka the all mighty dollar).

Someone should make a website of what Breuer (said last year) comparing it to what Chappelle is saying (now). It is exact!