Now the Turks hate us

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by justbill_redux, Feb 2, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. robnotbob

robnotbob

1. Please enlighten me.

2. doesn't matter..I'm a registered Dem, but give me a break, a friggin funeral Mass..the Dems just keep alienating everyone....
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy

A funeral is no place for political agendas... PERIOD.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  3. Jarhead

Jarhead

Lamont:

Your wife must have the patience of a saint. It was not blind; it was specific predicated by actions. I also chose all the ethnic variations because at one point or another; they've all been guilty. If I discuss or choose "one" group then I'm a bigot, homophobic, racist, antisemetic or asshole for voicing criticism. Been to that show and I'm sure I'll be accused again. Frankly, you appear to be against a "lot" but you can only be a pussy for so long before they'll walk over you. I don't see any meaningful suggestions to these violent issues comming forth, other than picky picky picky on others thoughts. You never score points on the college debating team that way. You better get used to having some balls in the world community or you're going to get eaten up. Khadafi got gentle after Reagon shoved a missle up his ass. The taliban got the message quick. So did Saddam when Schwarzkopf marched across his country in 3 days. When you swing a big stick; they all fall into line. However, this discussion is beginning to require to much explanation for what I assumed would be some common sense; i.e. we know that NOT ALL groups and people within those groups are naughty. Gimme a break here. If you want a reaaaaalllllllll solution to bringing all these countries that love and hate us into a reality check. Close up our borders, buckle down on who gets into this country as an immigrant and cut them ALL off from the BILLIONS of US funds our taxes give to them for fucking nothing. I'd love to see a list and what the numbers are, but it'll be mindboggling. You can go right across the continents starting with the Arab countries, Israel, Eastern bloc, African countries,South American, Pan America, etc. They all have their grundgy little paws out for our tax money that you and I pay. Additionally, hundreds of thousand of Americans have given their lives for them too. And what do we get in return...... a ration of shit and squat. We "ugly Americans" are the biggest hand out fools in the world. China's been laughing at us for years. And then we let all these countries bite our hand, even when they tell us to fuck off. If you really want to get someones attention; don't kill them, that's too easy . Hit their pocketbook. Yeah I know; we need the arabs oil. No problem. They got to eat. If they cut off the oil; we cut off the food. $100 a barrel? OK, $100. a bushel. Try going a week without food and tell me how flexible you get. If they want to fuck with us; then we are postured to be a bigger fuck. Being the nice guy cop in the world ain't working too well but we can be the biggest, baddest, motherfkers in the universe if we want to be, especially united. But that little scenario is never, ever going to happen. Too much politics involved as opposed to governing with practical business discipline, (lacking emotion). No offense intended guy. That's the way it is. Pinot Noir time.
  4. lamont5123

lamont5123

jarhead,

I was not casting aspersions on your love of different people.

Just your choice of using blind violence against several defined groups.

Not all rabbis, clerics, reverends and ministers are bad or even utter negative things.

I am against grouping people together by association or belief and pronouncing them guilty.

History has proven time and time again that when a society tolerates mass persecution against a certain group or culture, it never ends there.
  5. Jarhead

Jarhead

Whoa chap.....

It was a suggestion for influencing their actions; not instructions.

BTW: it's not killing people for their belief; it's based on their "actions". However; since you bring it up, if their "religious belief" justifies murder for a nonbeliever of a same or different cult, I have no problem with an Eye for an Eye. Given a choice between being the killer vs being the killee; let me know how you make out when YOU are on the bubble. It has nothing to do with skin tone and language. I'll bet one of my nuts I know better than you that we all bleed the same color. I sat with 2 other races in the same fox hole many times (Korean & Black), as did many others. Don't go there with me.
  6. Jarhead

Jarhead

You have a valid point here Jax. I didn't think of that. I'll ponder that tonight over a Pinot Noir. In the meantime; I'll qualify my initial comment. My personal mindset is typically "an eye for an eye" mentality, (be it right or wrong). I'm old now so I've softened. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt "once", maybe twice. Fuck me once, shame on you; fuck me twice, shame on me for letting you get away with it. How many times do you turn the other cheek? It "appears" to me that lately, religions have digressed into justifying killing for the sake of their respective religion (some more than others) which btw becomes a political objective too. So much for the separation of church and state. Yet my impression in youth of ANY religion is the fundamental basic charter of "peace and good will to all mankind". They all bark it until someone disagrees with them or doesn't see it their way. The venue of punishment for stepping out of line is basically some path to an expedited death. "Thou shalt not kill" isn't in the equation anymore. Whatever happened to their supposed God punishing them later on for their sins? That apparently takes to long. It seems like the religious leaders have decided or decreed to their followers that they have been appointed by their god, phrophet, etc. as the judge and jury. Or the followers are just too illiterate and stupid to think otherwise. Everything in life starts with teaching (or programming) in youth. I understand human nature and cultures having the objective of preserving their heritage and religions coupled with furthering expansion of their beliefs. Which is fine by me within your OWN culture AND country. BUT; I'll decide what's good for me in my country. I just figured; do unto the teachers as they do to their followers and maybe they'll get a little more logical when their numbers start dwindling (10 little indians and then there was none). But I'm all ears for other alternatives; cause the way it's heading; these people are nuts proliferated by religious fervor. One thing I know for sure; I don't want them in my backyard. Unfortunately; they're knocking at the front door.
  7. lamont5123

lamont5123

robnot,

If you knew anything about Martin Luther King, Jr., you would have understood why Jimmy Carter said what he said about Bush.

First of all, what Carter and the others said about Bush is true.

Second of all, King and his followers used every major media occasion to get their message out.

The world's media was in attendance at Coretta's funeral. It was a perfect opportunity to let loose some badly needed broadsides at an administration that has bullied the news media into a stupor.

Unlike Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter risked his life to stand up to vile racists in the South.

Clinton went to lunch with them.
  8. lamont5123

lamont5123

Does anyone really think if society followed jarhead's instructions that the executioners would stop at clerics, rabbis, priests and ministers?

Killing people based on belief is no different than murdering them because they speak another language, their skin tone dosen't match ours or they come from a foreign land.
  9. robnotbob

robnotbob

Maybe...but I thought it was reprehensible that he used Coretta King's funeral to lay some smack on Bush about Katrina and wiretapping...never mentioning that the administration who approved wiretapping on MLK was Kennedy's.

Meanwhile Bill Clinton, ever the politician, said something like I am honored to be in the presence of our President and former President..and someone in the congregation yelled out "...and future President !!!"...refering to Hillary.
  10. JaxHammer

JaxHammer

Hey Marine, while I have the highest respect for you, I'll think you're a little off base here. About 2005 years ago they tried this execution tactic on a 33 y.o. bearded fellow and it backfired on them. So, if history repeats itself, we need another strategy.
  11. Rokin

Rokin

Jewish guilt is based on the fear of repercussions in the present life.
    Oy Vey!
  12. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Seems like there is a difference between Jewish guilt and Christian guilt. Christian guilt has the added fear affect of going to hell, burning in the lake of fire, etc.

Unless I'm mistaken, Jewish guilt isn't based on this fear of negative repercussions in the afterlife.

Honestly, I don't even know what the Jewish take on the afterlife is. Do they have one?
  13. Rokin

Rokin

Mousey
    I beg to differ with you.
    The chosen people are the zen masters of guilt .
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  14. its_mousey

its_mousey

I am inclined to disagree that God is just for the weak. After all, this country's founding fathers, Lincoln, TDR, FDR, JFK, and Chuck Norris, just to name a few powerful and awesome men, all believe in God, but do you consider them weak??? But I certainly agree that fear has been used by religion throughout history. However, fear can only go so far. Religion, particularly Christianity, has perfected something far more insidious than fear - guilt. It's the most efficient behaviour modification device ever conceived - you control people's actions AND thoughts en masse, w/o the constant need to watch over them.

As they say, guilt is the one gift that keeps on giving all year round!

Don't fuck w/Chuck!

*Squeak!*
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  15. Rokin

Rokin

Jarhead and Ozzy
    What you say is true but there is more. Religions are about corruption and control etc... but truly religious people who understand that labels and words are bullshit and that there is an "order" made up of some non-random energy, exist. The Dali Llama is an enlightended and religious person who does not fit into the categories you speak of and there are many others in different degrees.
  16. Jarhead

Jarhead

This applys to religions or spiritual beliefs in general; and there is NOTHING wrong with that. Frankly, most people are afraid of death and I'm no exception. Religions and spiritual beliefs serve a purpose in the majority of society; it's a "go to" crutch when a human needs an inner strength to get through ANY perception of crises or REAL crises. I'm as agnostic as you can get but I'll be the first to admit that in Vietnam I said more than once; "god help me". The problem (I believe) starts with the religious leaders that preach radical extremisms; i.e., "you never die" and you'll be rewarded and happier in a life there after", etc. Worse yet; they change the religious interpretations to fit their political or military needs, as they see fit. You convert that into a war or political scenarios and it's deadly; no fear, empathy or concerns for human life (or their own) as we know it. It's different than bravery. It's like a drug induced delirious ferver. I have always felt religion belongs in the home, not the schools and to each his own, but don't try and push it in my backyard. The Arabs, Israeli's, Asians, and Catholics and Protestants in different parts of the world have done and do, do it. Holy wars is the excuse. Power is the goal. A while back I remember telling a friend of mine regarding the televised beheadings; I have a solution to this problem. Start lining up the Clerics, Rabbi's, Priests, Ministers, Chief's, etc. and snuff them into the after life they preach is so great. Then we'll see how the long their followers keep preaching the same bullshit, radical rhetoric. I'm reaching a point where I think their all fucking nuts.
  17. jras

jras

damn skippy
    from shaman to iman to pope, same old same old
  18. Ozzy

Ozzy

God is for the weak and those afraid of death

Religion thru-outhistory has been used to control people thru fear.
  19. jras

jras

yeah yeah yeah

yeah
    dat's it!
  20. Rokin

Rokin

So true about Carter, especially his being too nice to be a good president.
    You need to be a bit of a tough guy on some occasions and he just could not play that role.