Now THIS is a novel idea!

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Dondee, Jan 27, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. jack sprat

jack sprat

sex is so readily available almost everywhere in thailand that it may be unnecessary to look for it at truck stops. however, the comment is certainly valid in rural china and evrywhere that i have been in africa.
  2. daengman

daengman

Not such a bad idea.

Traditional Thai massage, which the minister refers to, is very common and available in the country. It is available in just about every hotel of any size in Bangkok and all the tourist areas (Pattaya. Phuket, Chiang Mai, etc). It is also commonly available in larger barber shops as well as establishments that just offer the traditional thai massage. Thai massage is also available in just about all cities, towns and villages through-out the country.
    However, a Thai massage will very rarely involve any activity of a sexual nature.

I have had a Thai Massage many times when I have been in the country. Most of the time those sessions have been arranged by my wife (the one in Thailand). Almost all the practitioners I have experienced, have been middle aged women. They were good at what they did, but not someone worth spending hobbying resources. With the nearly unlimited opportunity to hobby with beautiful 18 to 25 yr girls in the country, why pursue the Thai masseuse.

When I am in Thailand, which is 4 to 6 times a year, I spend a lot of time on the road. It's about a 10 hour drive up to the village where my wife lives. The availability of a thai massage at the service stations would be welcome.

For those who have never experienced a Thai massage, it is somewhat different than what most know to be a massage. It involves more of a pushing, pulling, stretching and bending than a deep muscle rub. There is much emphasis on the skeleton and joints and less directly on the muscles. It is very relaxing and have on occasions dozed-off during the session.

As far as "recreational activities" being available at service stations or truck stops, I have never seen any. I have been in hundreds of such stops in all parts of thailand, and if it were available I'm sure I would recognize it. However, "recreational opportunities" are available all over Thailand in cities and towns all over the country. These places which are utilized almost exclusively by the local Thai, are much cheaper than the going rate for Bangkok and the tourist areas.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2003
  3. jack sprat

jack sprat

"recreational" services are readily available at most truck stops in africa and asia. it had been identified as one of the major factors in the rapid spread of aids.
  4. jack sprat

jack sprat

don't know if this is such a good idea. you've just cum and then you get back into your car and head back out into that insane traffic. you might just be too relaxed and sleepy to drive with the alertness that is essential in that situation.
  5. *********

Will happy release be on the menu? LOL
  6. Dondee

Dondee Herbie, DDS

Oh So Handy -- Massages at Gas Stations

Jan 27, 10:39 am ET

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A massage a day keeps the Thai death toll at bay.

That's the message from Thailand's health ministry, which said Monday it planned to set up traditional massage services at gas stations to help motorists relieve stress and, hopefully, cut the road toll.

The ministry, in a statement, said it was working with a Thai fuel company to provide the services in 21 gas stations on major inter-city highways and around the capital Bangkok from next month.

"The more hours people continue to drive on roads, the less concentration motorists tend to have and the more accidents are likely to occur," Vichai Chokevivat, head of the ministry's department of Thai traditional medicine, said in the statement.

"A 15-minute pause for stretching or massage will help relieve their stress," Vichai said.

On average, two people die in road accidents every hour in Thailand -- one of the world's worst accident rates, the ministry said.