Nu Look Spa

Discussion in 'NJ/NY/CT Massage / Spa' started by canon190, Jul 8, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. tunahead

tunahead

Moved. Check Aura Spa 34th st
  2. nealros13

nealros13

help

I've been going here on and off for 12 years and it is now gone. Did they get shut down or did they move? Anyone have any info? thanks
  3. justanotherlurker

justanotherlurker

I'm sorry but 'Nu Look' sucks, ...always has.. . My impression has always been that the place is an AMP wanna be "Madison Club" club which falls far short (for those who remember, and most like know better...).

Tell me, do they still run the "mash unit" look in the basement? It was damn hard trying to enjoy a really bad HJ with all but a curtain between me and guy next door. Better yet don't tell me. I'll never go back.
  4. JIMYDR

JIMYDR

If someone had a brain, they could open a place and they would have a 1,000 regular steady customers but the wrong people own these places.
  5. stevana

stevana

I reaped my just reward a few weeks ago.
  6. mellowyellow008

mellowyellow008

Doesn't matter if it's 80 or 90, cash or not, it's still too f'ing much.
  7. stevana

stevana

I repeat. It isn't $90 cash. It is $80 cash. If you give them $90 cash that is what you will pay but is not what you need to pay. There is a fucking sign behind the counter that makes the two forms of payment options quite clear. Using the big head can come in handy.
  8. shredbeach

shredbeach

NuLook Downhill

I'll have to agree with you on this Mellow. I went there about 4 months ago and had a terrible experience. It used to be my fav place. At the advice from this board, I was seeing Sarah who was young, really good at all techniques and providing a decent GFE. After she left (anyone know where she went?), I went one other time for a so-so experience but the second time, they switched around girls THREE times! Really pissed me off. The first two I guess had regulars come in. That's what you get from not going regularly enough for the mamasan to recognize you.

The $90 cash and $30-40 tip is too high for the service and not worth it to go on a reg basis. I won't return.
  9. mellowyellow008

mellowyellow008

This place has gone way downhill, compared to just 5-6 years ago.
  10. stevana

stevana

As to the price - The sign behind the counter (as of about 2 weeks ago) says $90 with $10 off for paying cash as I recall. I gave $80 cash with no isssues raised.
  11. drbreakfast

drbreakfast

I agree. Based on my times with her, I have come to the conclusion that the review of Angie on another site was planted by Nu-Look. (Hint, this other site is far more snobby than UG).
  12. firecracker

firecracker

$90 cash is an increase. It used to be $80 cash, $90 plastic. At some point, mongers will cut back on the tips to compensate. (Or, go somewhere else.)
  13. curly

curly

review

Well, my friend was talking about thisplace so I finally went.

1. Facilities were not bad. Decent locker room, good shower.

2. I made the mistake of saying I'd never been there (dammit, forgot) and so I got a nasty older lady. I figured it was my first time and I wasn't going to get anything anyway, so who caed? Besides, I wanted a good massage too.

3. 90 bucks - cash! raised rates?

4. Massage sucked. Too light, and then she got on my back and was way too hard. her feet were killing me. I like it strong and she's the first I had to stop.

5. Boring HJ. I closed my eyes and pretended she was my japanese ex.

On the plus side, I heard some chick getting rocked in the next cubicle over - whimpering "too hard too hard" and giggling and the guy grunting at the top of his lungs. I imagine then that some extras truly are available.

Tough call. Shower is nice and all, but I can get a great massage, 1.25 hours, plus a decent HJ for 90 bucks at any Tui-na place.
  14. Bebop

Bebop banned

You call them, they come out to you.
  15. firecracker

firecracker

Yes, it is.
  16. userguy

userguy

is this the nu look on 36th st?
  17. Lascivious

Lascivious

dbrasco14, bunny is in NY HEalth. I'm posting a review on her in the mid town thread
  18. Astroboy51

Astroboy51

sorry pops on that last one i was responding to 40dog

i generally like it all to be on menu without hassle and dont often get offered all on 1st visit
  19. philclar

philclar

I stopped by Nu Look on thursday and Helen recognized me right away. I asked her who is available and she just said she'll take care of me. After shower, I was asked to wait and she sent in Pepsi, early 30's, fake boobs and 6 for the face. She started the massage and it was the worst i've had at Nu Look. On the flip, she asked me quietly if i wanted more than a HJ, offered topless CBJ for $100. I politely turned her down and went for the std HJ. When i was paying Helen asked if there was something wrong, I said everything was great and tip her a $20 so that she would remember me for the next time. Seems like the building theyre in is going condo, if they had better quality girls I would consider moving there.
  20. risman

risman

I take this forum is to exchange info, and what I wrote is not for bragging or advertising but it was exactly what happened. I didn't pressure her to perform anything extra at all. I was a curious reader when I read this thread, and made an appointment to check if it's true.

Let me say one thing, though: NuLook management is well aware of what Angie is doing....She is not doing it behind their back---It was obvious from the way they tried to screen me. Don't forget that THEY are allowing this to go on. Don't blame on the reviewers---If you have any problems with what's going on, blame on THEM!