On Outing Clients

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Slinky Bender, Jun 12, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Well said SB, a VERY sobering thought... there have been quite a few "client alerts" posted on provider only message boards, one of which I run, however, it has been general policy NEVER to publically post "real" names and info other than a handle ... for this reason that SB illustrates above... that and it always amounts to one persons word against the others. Just remember that these boards can be "abused" and to take everything with a grain of salt.
    Roberta
    (back to lurk mode)
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy

wasn't directed at you......

personal info was posted and left up by tbd (supposedly of a bad client) and GC went and attempted to call that person at home.....

the info, the phone# at least was wrong.

i told both they were wrong.......and it got me booted from tbd (the first time)......

i told them so.

[Edited by Ozzy on 06-17-2001 at 02:48 AM]
  3. NY Mod for TBD

NY Mod for TBD

For Ozzy.............

Consider me 'told'......
  4. pswope

pswope One out of three

wsb
    you know that the only reason I post anymore is to toss bon mots your way ;-)
  5. wsb

wsb

Je pense, donc je suis...

Was that a post by Pswope??? I feel almost as honored as when KS graced me with a comment on one of my musings!

--WSB
  6. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

I think I got to the section where he says, "Common sense is the most evenly distributed attributes," when I realized that Descartes was a far better mathmatician than philosopher (he was, of course, one of the more brilliant people to walk the Earth).
  7. mercydancer

mercydancer

Re: I did do something... I alerted the administrator

8. MrNY

MrNY Subject to blackouts

oops, sorry............

you're SO right - sorry......

p.s. do you steal the sugars and sweet n lows at diners too ?
  9. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Very Funny!

Demolition Man!!
  10. Tankcommander

Tankcommander

I did do something... I alerted the administrator

and immediately posted my objections...

as for guilt, I'm a criminal with criminal tendencies, although not predatory... I blow red lights and park illegally for the sake of blowing red lights and parking illegally...Yeah, I feel guilty...

As for Out, that's my buddy ImperialPints... he's got it copyrighted so if you wanna use it, you have to pay him a royalty...
  11. MrNY

well...

With all the talk about "outing"

and, isn't your sign-off "Tankcommander OUT !!" ?

> which you left out in your last post.........
  12. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Well, if the statement "Anyone who did anything based on seeing this guy's info that was posted earlier today should feel pretty fucking stupid right now" applies to you, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Unless you have something to feel guilty about. Want to tell us about it ????
  13. Tankcommander

Tankcommander

I'm a little slow,

But, is any of this directed at me?
  14. pswope

pswope One out of three

Ditto to WSB's post lauding the SB and MD posts.
    Ladies,who lack common sense and good instincts would do well to utilize a business model different from the indy route.

As for sharing and obtaining info re " bad clients",there are more back channel sources for that than tourist traps in Little Italy. Thus,you really have to think carefully about using a public board as the medium for sharing info. Are you performing a public service or seeking retribution.
    Finally, once you make the decision to out an alleged perp on a public board,you probably eliminate 90% of the Johns,who read that board,as prospects in the future.
  15. sneaker

sneaker

Movie

<b>The List (2000)

The Movie Channel Wed Jun 13 9:00 PM
    Movies, 95 Mins.
    **+ (Rated R)

After being arrested, a high-class prostitute threatens to publicize her powerful client list. Adult Situations; Language; Brief Nudity; Violence.

Cast: Madchen Amick, Ben Gazzara, Ryan O'Neal, Romano Orzari. Director(s): Syvain Guy. Producer(s): Shimon Dotan. Distribution: COL/TRI</b>

Don't get any ideas ladies ;)
  16. Ozzy

Ozzy

i wish this were on tbd so i could tell him & guy catelli....

I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!

:mad:zzy
  17. wsb

wsb

Good posts by both SB and Mercy, although the common sense product probably deserves entire aisle unto itself such would be the demand!

--WSB
  18. MrNY

to add my $.02 to yours...

It's really a horrible shame for us men - that when all of the blood rushes from our "big head" to our "little head," we can't think straight...

Well said, Mercy and SB !
  19. mercydancer

mercydancer

Any woman that decides to do this for a living should know what she's getting into. If she can;'t take care of herself then she shouldn't be in it. By no means should she ever "out" anyone. client or other provider.

A snitch is a snitch is a snitch.

A little common sense goes a long way in any field of work.Too bad they don't sell common sense next to the boxes of hair dye or in the make-up aisle.

Again, my outrageous 2 cents.
  20. fishfry

fishfry

I for one am alarmed and concerned at the rampant vigilantism and white-knightism on TBD and Utopia. Guys who don't have the nerve to start up a conversation with an attractive woman in a bar suddenly become Dirty Harry the moment some woman says that her feelings were hurt by a trick.

A lot of women in the biz play games. And a lot of men don't have a clue.

I would never give my personal information to any provider. In the past I have done it, to put her at ease and let her know I'm an ok guy. But for some reason the vigilantism and false accusations are way out of hand in the NYC online scene and it's just not worth the trouble.