One of these days...another rant about another girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gavvy Cravath, Feb 5, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Traderdave

Traderdave

She was in the hospital geeting her tonsils out! She probably still hasn't figured that one out yet!
  2. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

great idea!
  3. fumpton

fumpton

wait until she's asleep, then slip it off her finger.
  4. lamont5123

lamont5123

I was thinking the same thing.
  5. Thorn

Thorn

Neat trick, but I have to wonder how you got hold of it. Most engaged women with a half way decent rock to show don't let that ring off their finger long enough to have a stone replaced.
  6. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Good thinking. I bet she flipped when she figured it out.
  7. lamont5123

lamont5123

Gavy,

Hey, you know me. I just hope it all works out for you.

You're too nice a guy.
  8. Traderdave

Traderdave

After we got divorced she calls me up and wants to cash our tax refund. I said no, send it to the lawyer. Oh please baby. Please PLease. We will split the money right away. I gave in. Went to the bank saw her and signed the check. She grabbed the check and cashed it and said good now I can pay the phone bill. I was yelling at her and carrying on until a cop in civilian clothes grabbed me. Never heard no saw her ver again. Needless to say I kept the NYS refund. Oh by the way, I took her engagement ring before we split up and replaced the diamond with th best cubic zirconium stone I could find.
  9. Traderdave

Traderdave

Been there done that. My ex one time stabbed me with a bic pen in the back. I should have walked right then and there. Thank G-d I did not have kids with her.
  10. Gavvy Cravath

Gavvy Cravath Moderator Emeritus

Is this worth it? Common theme, but you guys are right. So right. Thanks for the love, by the way, JP. I do love that puppy...crazy, I really miss that little guy. And get this, he is a Shih Tzu, a breed I never thougth I would like. I actually treated him a little coldly the first week. I have been reading about puppies recently and they say that ignoring is a good thing...kind of sets up a hierarchy or something. Guess that's what happened.

Anyway, I will be back online soon and reply to all fo the advice and posts. You guys are great, right now I just got to hit the sack...I am beat. C'mon Olympic Break, I am dying down the stretch.

Gavy
  11. RuffToy

RuffToy

Gavy, I live my life butting out people's business. As long at it doesn't affect me, go knock yourself out. I do not know you personally as others here do. You read my response above to your initial post and thought I had a good perspective. It's easy to be an armchair QB when it's someone else's life.

You vented and hence will receive feedback. Some worthy some worthless. Bottom line...ask yourself, "Is this shit worth it?"

Trust your inner voice..your answer will steer your future.
  12. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

Man Thorn, I'm going to bookmark this and I'm sure I'll have to refer to it time and time again. Thanks!
  13. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

Gav, haven't been on UG much in the past few days but you know I have to chime in on this because I know the GF. The big problem as I see it (and as we spoke about the other day) is that, besides the actual fight itself and all the ugliness of that morning, is the bigger picture of her becomming a nasty drunk lately. A recent occurance. Guys, before when they would fight it usually didn't take such an ugly turn and was generally forgotten in a day or two (although thats easy for me to say). Now with this incident the other day, his GF really seemed to cross the line. Gavy's GF got very nasty with him and extremely insulting. Way out of line. Gav,if you guys do get back, I think you are going to have to monitor this situation closely and if this trend persists you may have no choice but to drop her. As you know I like the GF and she is friendly towards me but I don't have to face her wrath when she gets drunk. I hope its not the case but she may be too similar in temperment to the crazy Colombian-Ex you've spoken about a few times on the board.
  14. lamont5123

lamont5123

Gavy,

I went through a lot of nonsense with my last girlfriend, too.

She had three kids, two girls and a boy. Her kids liked me a lot and I liked them.

Her mother and father liked me. But her younger sister could not believe I would date her sister who was high maintenance.

Her daughters told me their mother was a selfish bitch and that I was too good for her.

We dated three separate times. There was no loud drama, just a constant redirection to her wants, not needs, wants.

You know what? The daughters were absolutely right.

I'm better off without her.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  15. jayp67

jayp67

the writing's on the wall

Hey Gavy,

Just read your tale and our fellow UGer's responses.

You mentioned that you're not such a great guy because you drink, play around on the side, etc but on the other hand - you're concerned about this puppy and seem to really care about the gf (despite her faults and the recent incident). So - you know what? You've got your good points and bad points just like the rest of us (especially here on UG).

Onto your dilemna - I'm guessing this is the first time you've ever experienced this kind of outburst from your girl. Something tells me that it most likely won't be the last time either. Yes, you can make up and put this behind you, but another incident like this (or worse) will always be a possibility so bear that in mind. You sound like you do quite well with the latinas - and I know that "starting over" is never easy but with her mom, her behaviour, etc - the future with this chick seems to be one helluva rocky road.

Quick story about one of my recent exes- when I first met her mother the mom asked me how could I stand her daughter! Her mom said that my gf (her daughter!) was annoying, obnoxious, selfish and a pain in the ass!!!

Well, I was taken aback the first time her mom said this to me (at Thanksgiving) and I was ready for her when she brought it up again (a month later at Christmas) and said to her that if anyone bad-mouths my gf that they were going to have to BIG PROBLEM with me because I wasn't about to allow ANYONE to disrespect or bad-mouth my gf. That shut mom up.

...fast forward 10 months later and I'm getting nagged constantly, not getting laid enough, and on top of everying I was told from the gf one day that she "needed" a 20G ring if I want to marry her!!!

It was then that I thought...

"HER MOM WAS RIGHT!!!!"

good luck with everything!
  16. curious

curious

Wiser, too... less likelihood of any discussion getting back to her.
  17. Thorn

Thorn

Totally agree.
  18. Thorn

Thorn

I dated many latinas. Gavy. Even married one.

If things got serious in a relationship they got "the talk". You have to recall that if it is mutually good they derive something from the relationship as well. That something is lost to them if you walk away from the relationship.

I simply, calmly, and politely let them know that while disagreement was certainly OK; violent, uncivilized, overly dramatic, behavior was a deal breaker for me. We could talk about anything. We could hold strong opinions and even be stubbornly immovable on them. What couldn't happen is that frustration and/or anger be allowed to boil over into uncontrolled rages and/or temper tantrums. Not if they wanted me to stick around, anyway.

I would advise "the talk" for all couples, but particularly for the benefit of the men.
  19. Gavvy Cravath

Nice analysis, Ruff...I see you just signed up. My posts always wind up relating some horrible experience with a chick that I am dating. I date women who work in bars...girls in the nightlife...girls surrounded by liquor and booze and money. I like the hours they work. I can still "hang out" and have a gf from 4AM to 8AM. But, it always ends up with drunken nonsense. I am 32 yrs old and am definitely getting too old for this stuff.

68 yr old Mexican Woman from Coahuala (one of the northern "desert" states). Lazy woman who casts aspersions on all that cross her path. She lifts $$ from the gf all the time. Last November, the gf thought she (the mother)was leaving for Mexico for good. Bought the airplane ticket to Mexico City at Delgado Travel (the gf paid for that too). GF gave her 4 grand to start constructing a house down there (I think the 4K would have covered most of the costs). The day she was to go, she cancelled the ticket or just didn't go or never purchaed the ticket (I believe this one) and SENT the money to one of the gf's brother in Morelos. He didn't want to work anymore or his wife kicked him out or some crazy story. This old c*nt robbed the gf of 5k and she is still living in the f*cking house .

OK, I didn't like this c*nt from jump, but I tried. When she saw that I wasn't bringing $$$ to the house (there was a point early in my relationship withthe gf that she didn't work for 3 weeks)...well, when she saw that this gringo wasn't a sucker like the gf's ex-boyfriend (who gave the old lady over a hundred bucks every time he got paid)...well, when I wasn't bring money around or offering to pay the bills when the gf was out of work, that's when she started hating me. The venom that came out of her mouth to the gf was so much that the gf isn't talking to her anymore.

Then I heard all of the childhood stories. Gentlemen, some of you know the gf. Nice kid (when you aren't dating her...actually, she puts up with my sh*t as well)..well, you know her, so I really can't go on about the HORROR SHOW that was her childhood. Absent father and abusive siblings and her mother took her out of school at eleven to sew clothes. And the gf let's this c*nt live with her.

Yeah, I am not the greatest guy in the world, as many of you who have read my posts know that I have a seedy side (the cheating, the drinking, the M.O.)...I have called this woman a c*nt twice in this post. Well, if you are upset with that language I will write about the last straw...when this woman became dead to me...added to my list:

My father had a heart attack in late October. I had to touch base with some people re: family, friends, job. I also was supposed to ick up the gf that night. I call her house phone (she has no cell) and she is asleep. The gf's daughter answers the phone and tells me such. I tell the daughter that it is important, but she just tells me that she can't wake her mother up (the gf has a rule about sleeping and not being disturbed because she is a night owl). I don't bother to press the issue withthe kid, so I explain what happened, "My father had a heart attack...".

Well, the gf heard the kids side of the conversation. She was in that haze of just waking up. The kid gets off the phone and relates my father's health emergency to the grandmother (gf's mother). And you know what she said? She said one of the only words she knows in English: "SO?" SO!?!!?! Not only that, the kid and the grandmother started laughing about it! I don't know why the gf told me this story. I have hatred for this woman in my heart. She deserves to be put out of her misery. If there is indeed a G*d, a supreme being, he will damn this woman to hell.

Gavy
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  20. Gavvy Cravath

Yes!! That was the ULTIMATE mistake. I was LOOKING for a problem!

Gavy