Ozzy's Rock Photo's

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and Entertainment' started by Ozzy, Apr 14, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. COMMANDO

COMMANDO

Well Ozzy we most likely know each other. I also sat within the first few rows for most of those concerts you took pics of .

I do not know many people besides myself who got to see Pink Floyd The Wall at Nassau( what a show)
    I see you had more balls then me & went to see the show in Germany( WOW)
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy

I shot most of those with a Canon A1 w/ 85x200mm zoom lens and a Minolta Maxxum 9000 w/ 100x200 AF zoom lens. Usually 200 or 400 speed film depending on the lighting.... and always kodak gold. The shitty Heart pics are with Fuji 1000.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  3. Lascivious

Lascivious

Awesome man.....You went to a lot of good shows. Nice shots considering the era and atmosphere. Today, everybody is taking photos with their digital phones and cameras.
  4. Ozzy

Ozzy

Roger Waters at Potsdamer Platz Berlin about 6 months after the wall came down.

To get the true perspective of the size of this stage you have to understand the wall was about 80 feet tall and probably 200 yards across. Members of the Red Army marched and drove half tracks, troop carriers and tanks across the huge stage during the performance. The Scorpions, Bryan Adams, The Band, Van Morrison, Cindy Lauper, Albert Finney, Tim Curry and Opera star or two and others performed.

[​IMG]

You get a much better perspective from this shot taken from about 100 yards away...

[​IMG]
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

Another of Gilmour from The Wall tour @ Nassau Collisium

[​IMG]
  6. Ozzy

Ozzy

Here's a few more...

David Gilmour/Pink Floyd (last tour)

[​IMG]
  7. Gavvy Cravath

Gavvy Cravath Moderator Emeritus

Envisioning rolled up dollar bills and mirrors...
  8. Ozzy

Ozzy

Got a bunch from a tour with Manitoba's Wild Kingdom aka The Dictators Reunion tour. Also a batch from a Ramones show at Lamours in Brooklyn. Was back stage at a bunch but you risk getting a beating if you try to snap photo's at some of those.
  9. Gavvy Cravath

Gavvy Cravath Moderator Emeritus

Just found this thread. Nice shots, Oz. Lokng forward to more.

Gavy
  10. duffer

duffer

Got any back stage shots????

...those are usally the most interesting... :-D
  11. God, he looks like Tom Zutaut...
  12. Ozzy

Ozzy

And considering a lot of them were shot with no flash cause I had to sneak the pics and duck security who were constantly in search of people with cameras, standing on the tops of the backs of the chairs with one foot on my chair back the other on the row in front of me and balance myself while a bunch of drunken idiots played mosh-pit all around or ran under my legs, and of course the entire time I was pretty wasted. Only on a few did I have photo pit and full access passes like the early Motley Crue pics and Maiden pics.

I gots more to scan.... Zeppelin, Floyd, Stones, Who, Guns n Roses, Madonna, Bruce, Jacko, Live Aid '85, Woodstock '94, a bunch of early Lollapaloozas and more....
  13. Cloud Nine

Cloud Nine I had to open my big mouth.......

Now that youve told me this I've been able to go back and scan concert photos and finally out you....Muhahahahhahahaha!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  14. DoNotDisturb

DoNotDisturb

Sorta like being that 'other' Baldwin brother (Alec, Billy and who the hell are you)
  15. DoNotDisturb

DoNotDisturb

That would be Nancy
  16. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

Nice job Ozzy. Good pics considering how the lighting is at some of these concerts.
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy

Heart pics came out bad cause I could only get 1000 speed film. I usually shot in 200 or 400.

Mick Mars from Motely Crue if anyone cares...

[​IMG]
  18. Ozzy

Ozzy

With the fat sister and two dopes in the band....

[​IMG]
  19. Ozzy

Ozzy

Ann or Nancy I can never remember... the hot sister from Heart.

btw... Heart was the trivia answer from another thread no one answered... Who opened for Led Zeppelin on their last US tour?

[​IMG]
  20. Ozzy

Ozzy

Richie Sambora aka Mr Heather Locklear

[​IMG]