Parking

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Slinky Bender, Apr 29, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. js52

js52

2. jwills500

jwills500

I only drive in Manhatten to cross it on my way back to PA. I take the train, I find it takes less time from Queens to do so. Even the walk to the station. I may drive into Manhatten, but only to drop off or pick up someone. I use to work a lot at Metro Tech in Brooklyn, there were two two street parking lots across Flatbush that cost me $10 a day. There gone now(replaced with high rises) and now to park, I have to use the underground garages at $17 mim. Bloomburg will get rid of the cars in Manhatten just by getting rid of the parking. Taking the train is the best option, except now I worry about towel heads with backpacks full of explosives.
  3. rough1

rough1

Trump Lot

Just an FYI

West End Ave @ 60th st
    $8 for 12 hours *including tax*
    Free Shuttle Van goes as far south and east as 53rd and 5th

If you're in a rush, taking a cab to or from can still be cheaper than a central Midtown lot. And retrevial of your car is much faster than a busy garage. I've waited >30 minutes in central Midtown.
  4. scoochamenz1

scoochamenz1

all parking lots are buildings waiting for permits to go through
  5. njman2

njman2

6. westside

westside

I still remember corner of Grand and broadway there was a parking lot and on corner of grand and lafayette there was also a parking lot and at the intersection of kenmare and lafayette there was also a parking lot.

All three simultaneuusly disappered within the last 2 years....
  7. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

1 word

Zipcar.
  8. genius

genius

Ya think?
  9. BigMadM

BigMadM Linoleum

youre idea is not as far fetched or a joke as you intended.

In my buisiness life, I deal with many small jobbers, wholesalers etc.

Im hearing more and more tell me that they now have drivers.
    Im not saying undocumented aliens, but 8-10 dollar an hour drivers, cause if they have to see 10-15 accounts a day, the cost of parking, mainly in manhattan is ridiculous.
    Meters in busy areas, are 50cent to 1 dollar an hour and then, you first have to drive around to find one. Try finding a parking space in Williamsburg, Forest hills, and get to your accounts. IMpossible. with a driver, you can let him sit at a pump for 30 minutes, move on to next account.
    Its becoming something alot of salespeople are doing, or at least when they visit manhattan, if then need their vehicle.
    Last edited: May 4, 2006
  10. JackT

JackT

the government will want to get in on this even further...
    In addition to already heavily taxing parking.... Congestion charges?

Nobody thought it would work in London either.
  11. akm495

akm495

Maybe people should start taking mass transit, and leaving their cars at home.
  12. genius

genius

Its all psychological (IMHO). If they paid 8-10 dollars last year and this year it went up to 17-22 there might also be a cry to the local pols to do something. Maybe there would then be some sort of price regulation; that would just about guarantee the conversion of the remaining lots into buildings or other more profitable uses.
  13. Daddycool

Daddycool

I find it odd that people in who visit NYC pay 17-22 dollars an hour for parking and think nothing of parking there for 4-5 hours even longer but go crying like a raped ape over 3 dollar gas.
  14. genius

genius

IT WAS A JOKE!
  15. daengman

daengman

Yea, that'll work

Now we know how you got your handle.

How many people here think that if you handed your car over to an illegal an undocumented alien, a car that is worth more that he can earn in 2 or 3 years of hard, unpleasant labor, that you would ever see that automobile again? It's likely that car will wind-up parked in Honduras, El Salvadore or perhaps Equador.
  16. genius

genius

17. genius

genius

I see another use for undocumented aliens - hire them, have them drive your car to some place in town where they can hang out and come back later when you need your car back.
  18. Bandaid

Bandaid

Eventually it'll be like Tokyo, where you have to prove you've got off-street parking before you get license plates.
  19. Traderdave

Traderdave

Parking is one thing, you are going to have trouble finding a gas station in Manhattan. They keep tearing them down and building high risers. Case in point Houston Street and the Bowery. You'd better know where the gas stations are located before you run out of gas.
  20. vermeer

vermeer

the real hidden cost is when the monkeys who park your car in the $600/mo garage chip and scratch up your painted bumpers. my bentley needs to have the bumpers repainted every 12 months. needless to say this gets deducted from my hooing budget.