Pat Robertson is a loon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bushleaguer, Jan 5, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Well, he is in his mid 70's. He's just a little tired. He has his son hosting and I must admit he's pretty good too. The entire crew is good, they all keep a straight face while they pile on the baloney and insult the intelligence of the viewer.
  2. lamont5123

lamont5123

Nagin is one of the worst political leaders in history.

He did nothing to save the people in the 9th Ward even though he had over 100 empty school buses sitting idle in his city.

All they needed were drivers and I am certain over 70 drivers could have easily been found in that neighborhood.

Say all you want about FEMA director Mike Brown. But New Orleans is Nagin's city.

He shoulders a lot of the blame for the deaths of people who were trapped.
  3. bushleaguer

bushleaguer The CDC

New Orleans Mayor joins the loon parade.....

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/16/D8F61AV80.html

New Orleans Mayor Says God Mad at U.S.
    By BRETT MARTEL
    Associated Press Writer

Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.

"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."

Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina.

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans _ the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

Nagin described an imaginary conversation with King, the late civil rights leader.

"I said, `What is it going to take for us to move on and live your dream and make it a reality?' He said, `I don't think that we need to pay attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side.' He said, `The thing we need to focus on as a community _ black folks I'm talking about _ is ourselves.'"

Nagin said he also asked: "Why is black-on-black crime such an issue? Why do our young men hate each other so much that they look their brother in the face and they will take a gun and kill him in cold blood?"

The reply, Nagin said, was: "We as a people need to fix ourselves first."

Nagin also said King would have been dismayed with black leaders who are "most of the time tearing each other down publicly for the delight of many."

A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses.
  4. Troutman

Troutman Paste

Harsh? You should see when I'm harsh. I was being gentle on the lad.
  5. buzz99

buzz99

I seriously think he's got dementia. Has anyone seen him lately? He doesn't even seem to look toward the camera.
  6. lamont5123

lamont5123

I happen to agree with Troutman.

I mean, he was kind of harsh with his words, but he's right:

Robertson is dangerous, because he is biased, narrow-minded and enjoys a massive forum to disseminate his dangerous views.
  7. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Hmm, I guess your comprehension isn't very good. If you read my previous post, it says, "I'm not saying I support him."

Jeez, get that stick out of your ass. Take it up with the Christian Coalition.

As for me, coming home last night it was snowing and I thought damn I really don't feel like shoveling tomorrow. Then I thought what would Pat do? Well none of my neighbors were around to give me money so I just prayed to the lord that I wouldn't have to shovel. Well, this morning all the snow on my block is on the opposite side of the street. My side was clear! Praise the lord! The lord had sent all the snow across the street!
  8. Troutman

Troutman Paste

Perhaps I should add idiot to the loon statement, at least pertaining to you. Pat Robertson is dangerous and should not have the support of anyone, let alone airwave or cablewave space. Too many stupid people, yourself included, listen to him and support him. Far too many believe him.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  9. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Aww c'mon ya have to give him some credit. What I'm saying is that I don't think he is really loony. I don't think he really believes in this stuuf. Instead, he is a businessman. I think he knows exactly what he's doing. I'm not saying I support him. You should check out the 700 club, it's very entertaining television.
  10. Troutman

Troutman Paste

You are absolutely mad to show him any form of respect whatsoever. To call him a shrewd businessman is like using Enron as an example of good business practices.

11. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Why?

What I said about Pat is not true?

You think Pat is sincere and just gets carried away with his religion?
  12. Troutman

Troutman Paste

He is most certainly an irresponsible loon. You are simply a loon.

13. lamont5123

lamont5123

I am sorry that God did not call him home a decade ago when he claimed the Almighty was extorting him for $10 million dollars.
  14. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Pat gets you out of debt!

Watching the 700 club yesterday and they ran a segment on how to get out of debt. The segment featured a family of 4 who were 6000 in debt to their credit cards, behind on all their utilites and about to have their electricity cut off. The mother says what the heck and sends her last twenty bucks as a donation to Pat. Well like Pat says, good deeds are rewarded and just a few days after, an old insurance claim comes through and the family is awarded 10,000 dollars!
    Pat and the family go on to talk about the rule of God that if you do good things (like send your money to Pat) God rewards you.
    Then Pat strongly urged all the viewers that are on the brink of bankruptcy and way behind in debt to send in their last few bucks even if it's only $10 or $20 cause that's the way to solve their financial problems.

Very well done I must say. At 75, he's still going strong. And it's so fuckin funny that he has access to Senators and the Republican White House cause of political power of his Christian Coalition.
    God Bless America baby!
  15. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Well I don't think it makes him admirable as a human being but as a business man, it's pretty impressive. I don't know if he can be called a con man. He doesn't steal anyone's money. You send your money and Pat prays for you on his way to the banks (yes that's plural).

Again I don't think he believes half the stuff he says and his cover is not the religion but his access to politicians. His followers are his cover. They give him money and he uses his followers as a backing for his Christian Coalition and the like.

Basically what I'm commenting on is that it really says something that a man who talks his kind of talk and all that hoodoo voodoo and all can become such a wealthy and very influential figure in this country.
  16. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

I know, I wasn't really clear. What I meant was that he is probably not as crazy as he sounds. I think it's part of his performance. I should have not implied that Pat is authentic but he is transparent, at least to me he is. I don't think he really believes God gave Sharon a stroke but he probably does wish that Chavez would be assassinated. It seems to me he is a business man, a very successful one.
  17. goofy3

goofy3

So, he's basicly a con man taking money from those can most likely least afford it, and justifies it with his religous beliefs? You find that admirable? I think it makes him an asshole as well as a loon. If he wasn't using religion as a cover he'd be in prison.
  18. bushleaguer

bushleaguer The CDC

As they say, a poor person is "crazy"......a wealthy person is "eccentric."

Personally, I don't care how much money the guy has. His beliefs (God gave Ariel Sharon a stroke.....God wiped out New Orleans because it was a haven for sin......etc.) are what make him a loon. As you pointed out in a prior post, at least he is authentic in that he says what he believes....a rarity it seems, these days. But that doesn't make him less than a loon.

Not an entirely fair comparison, but Osama Bin Laden was (or still is, I don't know) a mulit-millionaire. Despite his fortune, he is still a loon.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  19. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

It's way over a million that watch him regularly. And I resent you guys calling him a loon or nutcase. Robertson comes from an influential family, is well educated, a shrewd businessman and worth anywhere from 200-800 million. Is he a loon because he knows how to take advantage of opportunity? Like buying up all those fm stations in the 60's and then selling them for huge profits. Is he a loon for starting up a media empire and hauling in the big bucks all under tax exempt status? Was he a loon for selling his Family channel to News Corp but on the condition that they must continue to air the 700 club daily?
    Without the use of force, he convinced over a million Americans to hand over their cash to him. This money is used to expand his empire (and his pockets). An empire that not only handles media but ventures into everything from vitamins to African Diamond mines. And his Christian coalition with close ties to the Republican Party allow him to cover his ass when the tax exempt status thing becomes a little tricky.
    This guy is far from a loon. He is what so many of you guys admire, a true capitalist. He may go into a deep meditation with the lord on his show but many who have traveled with him on his private jet have noticed he doesn't pick up the bible while traveling, he reads the Wall Street Journal.
    I wouldn't call him a loon. What do you call the million and a half people that support him and send him money? I think those dumb bastards are the ones that should be called names.
  20. bear

bear

I hope that is said with tongue in check. Scary thing is 1 million people watch this nutcase!! I think we should find an island for all of them.