Pay boards

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by toma, Dec 3, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. ramstein

ramstein

Re: ***

Exactly.... and if you write reviews you actually don't have to pay. So, in that sense, it's not really a pay board at all. The only people that have to pay are those that don't write reviews...
    Really, *** is a great asset to those of us who are actively touring the lusty delights of life. One downer is that they have a small almost non existent MP review section because inorder for a review to be valid, the provider has to have an ad on the web. *** is based mainly on the west coast where a lot of MPs have web sites but unfortunately, they don't seem to understand most MPs don't have legit web sites here. I've mailed them about this a couple of times and yet, they've even turned down my review of Hannah of hawaii.....Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep on trying.....
  2. toma

toma

I ended up paying for a month of *** and feel I got my money's
    worth--they had plenty of reviews, and I found what I was looking
    for.

Spend a few bucks to avoid wasting $$$? No-brainer.
  3. Longinus

Longinus

I think *** has a good user interface, search and factual information (as well as detailed descriptions) and you can get full access just by posting reviews. I feel that between TBD's public side and *** I have more than in enough info in most cases. I don't use pay only boards to avoid a paper trail.
  4. ramstein

ramstein

Re: ***

Agreed.
  5. JeffS

JeffS

I have gotten great use out of ***. I know some ladies are a YMMV situation but I have researched and seen quality ladies. I travel all over the coutry (and out). I have seen my fair share from the TBD reviews as well, but I can get better info from ***. If they wer both still free, I would use TBD, but if I am going to pay for one it is *** hands down.

I just found this site from a banner at YMMV.net and am glad to be here. I have been enjoying the discussion, something so many boards are lacking.

JeffS
  6. stagger

stagger Known shill and theif

TBD, ***

First found out about the TBD, which over this past year has lead me to be a pay member at ***.

Though my heart is with the big doggie, I personally get more milage out of ***. I do a fair amount of traveling across the country.

I personally feels that the *** cuts down on the chances of me wasting my money.

My 2 cents from my angle of the dangle.

Chow
    Stagger
  7. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

Paradoxical as it may seem, the degree of fall seems easier to remember.
  8. Socketome

Socketome Silver

...or how far they have fallen ???
  9. justme

You know, it's easy to forget how great that board really was (only website in 7 years of surfing that I've sent a donation -small as it was- to before).
  10. justme

Upscale Gentlemen!!! Yeah.
  11. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

Could someone please copy this thread and mail it to me?
  12. Aristotle

Aristotle Just another girl on the IRT

Or "Upscale Gentlemen."
  13. justme

Hey, jras, if you still have access, go look up the 'Wooing your Providor' thread for an example of vintage JAG.
  14. jras

jras

I joined JAG for one month recently to see what it was all about and to do a little archival work. It has helped me understand some of the anger expressed here once in a while (e.g., Rufus) and some of the insider/oldtimer heh-hehs (Rufus' Episodes thread was amazing!) . Also useful for getting historical info on some gals that are sometimes mentioned only in passing on UG. Nice to see the Rooster again too. BUT it is remarkably lame for truly up-to-date, useful info on working ladies in the NYC area. I won't bother to renew for another month.

I use TBD-DC only because UG hasn't yet caught on down there.
    Very different and more interesting than TBD-NY. Strong provider voice(s).
  15. Monk

Monk

I also think that providers and houses generate reviews, either genuine or false, from time to time. It might be as innocent as mentioning to a client as he leaves "If you likes our service, please post a review on such and such a board" or it might be as underhanded as posting a series of phoney reviews as part of a marketing scheme to generate more business. Or creating a John B character, etc., etc.

On JAG (and here) board members have tried to keep their eyes out for the scams and allerted other members. TBD doesn't have that reputation. I can't speak for ***.

Plus here, management has allowed providers, such as April, to openly solicit business, which reduces the incidence of scams. But too much of this and the board could degenerate into "the last page" (or whatever that board is called), which wouldn't be of much use to anyone.
  16. ramstein

ramstein

TBD's reviews are by far not as comprehensive as ***. But they do have a different selection of reviewed providers. There are certain providers who weren't reviewed at all on *** but are reviewed multiple times on TBD. I have no idea as to why this is. But I am thinking that maybe the administration of these boards have providers that they support. Even though as a stout supporter of ***( I've been a member almost since the begining) I can't say I've really felt they had any kind of agenda, after all they are primarily based in southern cal.
  17. freewilly

freewilly

What is the quality of TBD reviews as far as information and accuracy and breadth?? I would rate *** relatively high , though at least 50% of the reviews of them are for Julie's.
  18. ramstein

ramstein

For this period TBD has exactly 26 reviews for New York state.
  19. ramstein

ramstein

On *** there were exactly 126 reviews not counting the VIP MP section for the month of November in NYC.
  20. Aristotle

Aristotle Just another girl on the IRT

justme--

There's another post that ought to be moved over to the *.* thread...