Perfect Board.........

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by One Eyed Trouser Trout, Dec 16, 2000.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

While we won't have reviews, there is nothing wrong with a warning if you feel that there is something totally misleading about an ad or a site. If the pics are fake or 20 years out of date, feel free to say so. If the service offered in an ad is not what is delivered, say so.
  2. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

Well.....perfection is subjective anyway....

...when dying of thrist in the desert, even a man will drink brackish water and consider it perfect. At least for the moment.

What I was hoping to generate was the sense that having a board without bias and hidden agendas is perfect for those who just want the truth.

Regarding truthfulness, perhaps in the future a simple system of rating the honesty of ads might be beneficial.

No numbers, no fancy gimmicks. If the lady looks like her pictures and delivers on the promise, it could be given a +. If nearly everything was honest, or marginally so, a neutral score of 0. And if an ad is completely bullshit (old pics, implied service not given, yada), it gets a -.

Forget that idea...I musta had a brain fart
  3. frog

frog

4. badz

badz Bronze

i agree what you just wrote slinky!!

hehehe
  5. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

No one is perfect, least of all us. It certainly will be difficult to have a board where both sides of the equation can have real discussions without a lot of flaming erupting.

To some extent, there are conflicting goals from each side. One side wants to promote and have nothing "negative" posted which might detract from mor business. The other side wants all "the dirt", but is also strongly tempted to "show off" for the other side.

I can't promise this is going to work, but I can promise an "even playing field", where there will not be any "special favorites" getting "special favors", nor will there be any "top 100 lists".

What I do need is some special favors from the people who post here:

Please be helpful in keeping this a "flame free zone". Keep the discussion on the ideas, not the posters ( that is, if someone sais something you disagree with, criticise the message, not the messenger ).

Don't spend time defending other posters by attacking or piling on a poster who you feel is offensive ( hey, that's my job; let me do it ). It's not productive and will ultimatley make the board less useful. Besides, you'd be surprised at how many of the readers here will see what's what without that commentary.

Please don't post to threads simply to add a link to your website. Repeat abusers will find their ability to post links disappear.

OTOH, if you have something to say, don't be shy. No one will be punished for their opinions here. Real adults can disagree ( sometimes strongly ) without hating eachother for it. To have truly interesting discussions, you need multiple viewpoints. A bunch of people standing around agreeing with eachother gets real boring, real quickly.
  6. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

> No contrived Top 100 lists
    > No directed moderation to steer business to favored girls
    > No bias
    > No hidden agendas

Just a community for providers and clients to match up their needs and wants.

Perfect.

Spread the word....TBD is going down.