Photo Album of Sympathy from Around the World

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by JohnJ, Sep 24, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. JohnJ

JohnJ Repentant Sinner

like i said....

The photos are amazing... and they moved me. I'm sorry if anyone else felt otherwise.

John J
  2. beep9

beep9

Re: ummm...

JohnJ, come on. A little bit of rationality. Can you name one country that doesn't hire PR firms? Do you really believe that the PA doesn't (I don't think so, but I'll be charitable, and assume that the thought never occured to you).

Now, did Sharon give blood? Probably. The great majority of Israelis do so on a regular basis. Did he have a camera crew along for the ride? I guess his PR firm didn't think of it. Arafat's, clearly, did.
  3. JohnJ

JohnJ Repentant Sinner

ummm...

Pitman...

Wow.... maybe you should take a look at this page then

http://www.iwebu.com/100women/beauty_thumb.html

Also in regards to Arafat... If you think of that as a publicity stunt... Why didn't Sharon give blood.... symbolic or not... Also why does Israel hire Public Relations firm in NYC. They have also hired PR firms to help their image in European countries... oddly enough no matter how you see it.... We pay taxes in the USA to help Israel hire Public Relation companies in Europe ??? Somehow if they are in the right... they wouldn't need to hire PR companies to help bolster their image.

ahem.... of course... just my $0.02.... or is there a stereotypical comment going to be said about watching two pennies.......
  4. pitman_nyc

pitman_nyc

I did like the photo album, but I have to point out that the Palestinians in their two pictures did not look Palestinian or even Arabic for that matter. They're also not that western (two two girls), or that well fed, or dressed in clothes that clean in the picture (the students in the classroom). They really are more like the tattered and run down ones that we saw in the news report, of them dancing in the street celebrating the terrorist attack on the US.

Additionally, Arafat giving blood? I'd call this a publicity stunt, symbolic at best. Were they going to fly his donation overseas to New York (with the FAA having shut down every airport)?

Just my $0.02
  5. jasonbuju

jasonbuju

It is amazing how pictures can talk. Tell a thousand stories, a thousand words....

Great site. Thanks for the link.
  6. JohnJ

JohnJ Repentant Sinner