Photo Op over! Its time to

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by justbill_redux, Apr 27, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. argleby

argleby

My God, you're dumb. You think Barbara Boxer is going to show up in her SUV for her next press conference? You think she's going to be "straight up" like that?

She's not, moron. She wasn't being "straight up," she made a mistake.

Hypocrisy is hypocrisy, whether it comes from a Democrat or a Republican.

When it comes from Republicans, you're all over it. When it comes from Democrats, you make excuses.

That's because you're a hypocrite. And, of course, you're just stupid.
  2. argleby

argleby

I didn't say it was the same press conference, stupid. The article clearly refers to a different press conference, it couldn't be more obvious. Can't you read? How can you possibly be so stupid?

I didn't present it as unedited. I used ellipses to indicate edited sections and posted a link saying "Full article at" at the bottom.

What part of that did you miss? Again, how stupid can you be?

I edited the article for brevity, not content. The point of my post was that both parties are equally hypocritical when it comes to walking the walk on fuel efficient cars, and that singling out Hastert was unfair.

That's still true. And you're still stupid.

What's really impressive is that you missed the point of a post about you missing the point. Nice work.
  3. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

Continued

Faking a drive away in a Alternative Fueled car and then switching to a nice SUV is a bit different then being straight up and getting into your gas guzzler in front of everyone. Still stupid and somewhat hypocritical on the Democrats part but certainly not dishonest like the clear stunt fat phony Dennis Hasert pulled. More of the same dishonesty from the UG RW pole smokers.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  4. justbill_redux

I should have realized that a lying piece of shit like you would pull something like this. A reading of the full article at the link shows that the fat Dennis "gas is too high" press conference with the photo op in the Hydrogen Alternative Fueled automobile, is different from the one the Democrats held and thats referenced in the little edited piece provided by liarby here. So lets see what the full article says that this POS leaves out. The edited out pieces are highlighted in the. article

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  5. justbill_redux

6. justbill_redux

True dat.

Sorry Lou, not true, according to the site you linked

After the assassination of President William McKinley in 1901, the force was charged with protecting the president. This protection was later extended to the members of the immediate families of the president, vice president, president-elect, and vice president–elect; major presidential and vice presidential candidates; former presidents and their spouses; widows of former presidents until their death or remarriage; minor children of a former president; and visiting heads of state.

From http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/history/A0844265.html

Ditto.
  7. argleby

argleby

Once again, juststupid misses the point. He can't see a problem if a Democrat does it.

Lawmakers talk gas, drive away in SUVs
    By Dana Milbank
    The Washington Post
    LAUREN VICTORIA BURKE / AP

[​IMG]

U.S. senators, including Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., left, Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., traveled to a gas station near their Capitol Hill offices Wednesday to fume about rising gas prices and the oil industry.

WASHINGTON — Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines...

"Since George Bush and Dick Cheney took over as president and vice president, gas prices have doubled!" charged Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., standing at a Capitol Hill Exxon station where regular unleaded hit $3.10. "They are too cozy with the oil industry."

She then hopped in a waiting Chrysler LHS (18 mpg), even though her Senate office was one block away.

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., also drove the one block to and from the gas-station news conference, albeit in a relatively efficient Hyundai Elantra. He posed in front of the fuel prices and gave them a thumbs-down. "Get tough on big oil!" he demanded of the Bush administration...

After lunchtime votes, senators emerged for the drive across the street to their offices.

Sen. John Sununu, R-N.H., hopped in a GMC Yukon (14 mpg). Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., climbed aboard a Nissan Pathfinder (15). Sen. Ben Nelson, D-Neb., stepped into an eight-cylinder Ford Explorer (14). Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., disappeared into a Lincoln Town Car (17). Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., met up with an idling Chrysler minivan (18).

Next came Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., greeted by a Ford Explorer XLT (14). On the Senate floor Tuesday, Menendez had complained that Bush "remains opposed to higher fuel-efficiency standards."

Also waiting: three Suburbans, a Nissan V8 Armada, two Cadillacs and a Lexus. The greenest senator was Richard Lugar, R-Ind., picked up by his hybrid Toyota Prius (60 mpg). His Indiana counterpart, Democrat Evan Bayh, was met by a Dodge Durango V8 (14).

Full article at: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002955908_milbankgas27.html
  8. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

Or more specifically because it was the most recent cabinet position created.

(If I'm not mistaken, the order of succesion is determined by chronological order of the cabinet position)
  9. Ozzy

Ozzy

It is..... It is.....
  10. Lou Grant

Lou Grant

It must be such a burden.
  11. Ozzy

Ozzy

eh.... I didn't even need to click on that link I just noticed you posted.

Homeland security is last cause it didn't exist in 1947 when the succession rules were implemented.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  12. Ozzy

Ozzy

Speaker of the house is 2nd behind only the VP.

President pro tempore of the Senate is 3rd

Sec of state is 4th..... unless you're Alexander Haig.
  13. Lou Grant

Lou Grant

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  14. Lou Grant

Lou Grant

Have you looked at the size of Hastert? Little vehicles can't support his frame.

But seriously, as 3rd or 4th in line for the Presidency, the Speaker travels with full security detail and travels in bulletproof vehicles. That's why he gets out of a vehicle which is not his to enter a vehicle with bodyside armor and bulletproof glass.

Nice try.
  15. Ozzy

Ozzy

You mean like John F Kerry who bragged that he didn't own an SUV..... cept he forgot about the one his wife and kids drove.
  16. justbill_redux

[​IMG]

House Speaker Dennis Hastert of Ill., center, gets out of a Hydrogen Alternative Fueled automobile, left, as he prepares to board his SUV, which uses gasoline, after holding a new conference at a local gas station in Washington

From http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060427/480/dcpm10904272019

Another fucking Rethuglican phony caught in the act.