PIT Busted?

Discussion in 'New York' started by Badtz, Mar 25, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. nyshark

nyshark

Website up again

Their site appears to be up and running again.
  2. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Note that Robin now appears to be at
    Jillian Bradley

[Edited by slinkybender on 03-26-2001 at 12:55 PM]
  3. Slinky Bender

[Edited by slinkybender on 03-26-2001 at 12:47 PM]
  4. beep9

beep9

That is indeed a page in a file named index.html (or .htm, or something else depending on the server). So, earthlink is still hosting them, but either earthlink or someone at pit has 'turned off' the site (As Lisa noted, everything else is most likely still there, if you happen to remember the names of the old urls. Just the main page is gone.

If a site doesn't know what you're talking about (spelling, case, or non-existence of a page, you'll get something like:

<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
    <H1>Not Found</H1>
    The requested URL /oldindex.html was not found on this server.<P>

If the site itself isn't found, most browsers will give you a popup window that says something like

Netscape is unable to locate the server FreeSexProviders.com.

Please check the server name and try again.

That can happen when you've a problem with the dns
  5. Slinky Bender

The message I ( and I'm assuming brooklineboy ) got was a web page which comes up, and in a simple type face says "Not Found", but it is a web page at that address, as opposed to some message from a server, etc.

When you get the message you are referrring to, I think it means that nutscrape was anuable to associate an IP with the domain name you typed in ( but I really don't know shit about this shit - How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb ? None, it's a hardware problem ).
  6. Phantom

Phantom

Hey SB,

What does it mean when you get a message like the following,

Netscape is unable to locate the server http://www.XXXX.com
    Please check the server name and try again.

Is this the "go away" message? Does it mean the site is still there only blocked from being accessed?
  7. Slinky Bender

Yeah, that message is definitely a "go away" tag, as opposed to the "site not found" message. It reminds me of my favorite AMP in Chinatown, with the handwritten note ( in both English and ?Chinese? ) saying "Closed Today", which is permanently affixed to the front door.

PS see what happens when you add "images" ( hehehe ).

Lisa

[Edited by slinkybender on 03-25-2001 at 06:27 PM]
  8. brooklineboy

brooklineboy

Now it's down again...

I get "Not found" at their site - so I'm not getting the "can't find it" message, but they've obvioulsy taken all the stuff down and have this message only...

i'm sure we'll hear from someone soon..
  9. Slinky Bender

I know PIT was busted shortly after they opened on 16th Street ( where are they now ? ), and it was predictable ( in fact, I predicted it ! ) because it was a mistake to open in the building they did ( "larger" residential building with "active tenants" across the street from a Church and secular High School ).

What's the splinter place ?
  10. Xerxes

Xerxes

I was @ PIT a couple of weeks ago. None of the old familiar faces are around anymore, and it seems that PIT has gone through a compltete facelift.

It seems that several of the girls have left to set up their own independent incall place in Manhattan.
  11. Tankcommander

Tankcommander

I just checked their site

I just looked, and the website is up...

Could we get a regular at PIT to call and find out?
  12. Badtz

Badtz

I heard that PIT was busted by LE, so I went to check and their website is down.

Anyone else know anything?

Badtz