Please don't read the rules

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by UG Staff, Jan 21, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

OK, so it's not the 87 I had hoped for, but it's up to 20. Keep up the good work, boneheads.
  2. Psychosis

Psychosis

[QUOTEBroadband providers claim they change the your IP to prevent you from running a static application (i.e. Web site, FTP server etc.) without paying for static IP. But they rarely do.[/QUOTE]

My firewall program informs me when my IP add has been changed and it gets changed every week.
  3. ForFun

ForFun

When you use a dialup connection, you dial into a pool of modems. The one you get is random. The IP's you get may be fixed to that modem or assigned via DHCP. The best information you get (via a tracert and/or registrar search) would be the name of the ISP who owns the pool.

Broadband providers claim they change the your IP to prevent you from running a static application (i.e. Web site, FTP server etc.) without paying for static IP. But they rarely do.
  4. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

5. superwoman01

superwoman01

Also if you have a router. It makes it even harder to track the persons IP address.
  6. Psychosis

Psychosis

Not necessarily so, some broadband providers change a subsriber's IP address every week, making it a little more difficult. Now on dial up its easy because you always have the same IP address.
  7. letsgetstarted

letsgetstarted

They can be tracked by IP addresses.
  8. moneyshotsnj

moneyshotsnj

Shouldn't this be in the "What if you spouse was a provider?" thread?

Kelly, you doing doubles with Slinky now? ewwwwwwwwwwww
  9. travis13

travis13

Only if he returns......................
  10. BigMadM

BigMadM Linoleum

I wish I was married to you Kelly. My wife expected diamonds on everyone of her xmas presents. Tying slinky to a bed, shit, I cant imagine that worth more than a few bucks at most. Youre an easy woman to please.
    (is making fun of slinky a an offense that could get me banned?)
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  11. yamaha

yamaha

after travis is done i will take his place i liked to be tied up as long as i get a bathroom break. by
  12. travis13

travis13

Hostage Exchange.........

Hey Kelly we need Slink out here so I will volunteer to exchange places....... LOL

Have a very good day.........

you

Be Careful out there..........
  13. Falcon

Falcon

What a lucky guy...:D
  14. blondekelly

blondekelly

He is still tied to my bed......Christmas present, sorry guys.
  15. shorty

shorty

I'm just curious how UG Staff came up with the number 87.
  16. manohgod2

manohgod2

Mister UGStaff, there are many new members that are asking to be banned, check some of the new threads today.
  17. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Or members that have been around for quite awhile, and are posting under a new handle, just to bend the damn rules. They do this because it appears to be an opportunity for them to do so.
  18. manohgod2

manohgod2

From what I have seen, the offenders have been brand new members that just joined and posted one or two posts.
  19. travis13

travis13

Hey Staff ... please do and it should be easy some of us have noticed that since 12/24 the last time Slinky posted there is alot of rule breaking or the rules no longer apply ........... which is it........ where is Slinky.......
  20. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

This board has rules? whoda thunk it? :D
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2006