Policy

Discussion in 'Northern New Jersey' started by seanhighlander, Jan 14, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Rokin

Rokin

I have also had threads or posts disappear.
    FYI
    In the Rules section you will find:
    11) If you post a thread, and it gets deleted, i.e. disappears shortly after posting, it means we meant to delete it. Do not repost it.

Thems the rules
  2. seanhighlander

seanhighlander

At Least it's an explanation

Hi Shorty:

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on the removal of my review of Karen. As you noted, my intention in posting the review was simply to share a very nice experience, so that other members might have the information to decide if they wanted to see her too.

I can understand that there are rules for any community, and, like it or not, one must comply with them. I do think, however, that there should still be room for simple courtesy, such as you extended to me, rather than only the unexplained exercises of raw power.

Your advice makes sense. This will be my last comment on the matter.
  3. shorty

shorty

sean - I saw the post you wrote before it disappeared. The most likely reason it disappeared is because of two reasons:

1. you gave their new web address (albeit, accidental and with good intentions to help someone else out)
    2. That particular agency was banned for a very serious matter of possible privacy violations of board members. I won't go into details because the all-knowning one may not want to re-hash the whole thing. My recommendation would be to leave well enough alone.

As for a list of banned agencies: That's a tough thing to compile. The system is set to blank out the agency's name if it's typed so even if I were to write a few out, you'd never see it. It's a catch 22 kinda thing.

Happy hunting sean.
  4. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Skins-

Good point.
  5. dr_skins

dr_skins

it also depends on the place reviewed sometimes--ie. if the agency is banned.
  6. seanhighlander

seanhighlander

Slick
    Fair enough.
  7. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Sean-

It depends where you place it, and how it is written. Just follow the rules and you will have success.
  8. SlickWilly

SlickWilly

He doesn't mean you should post a review in the ISO section. You just asked a question to start this thread. That belongs in ISO.
  9. seanhighlander

seanhighlander

Disappear??

Corman, thanks for a reply.

As for "disappear", I answered one member's question for more information on the review. Then, when I logged-on later in the day, I had a warning that I already had 2 posts in the same thread in one day, and that the next would be my last. I chose not to push the envelope.

Why would I post a review in the ISO section? I wasn't asking for any information. I posted in the Northern New Jersey section about a girl I saw there. I thought that's what these boards were all about.

Finally, if reviews about the agency I used have been banned, shouldn't there be a list one might refer to where that would be noted. Anecdote and folklore make poor sources of law.
  10. coreman

coreman

maybe, maybe not....but it is normal for a reviewer to disappear when they start a thread with a post that is outside the ISO area.

Sorry for being a wiseass, but, you did set yourself up perfectly for that one.
  11. seanhighlander

seanhighlander

Is it normal to have a review disappear without any explanation?