Posting from AOL

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Bill Furniture, Feb 2, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. justlooking

justlooking

The problem is, the first time you use IE on top of AOL, you get a box asking you if you want AOL to be your primary backup service (or something like that). As I understand it, if you answer "yes" (as I stupidly did), the alternative IE browser becomes as useless as AOL's useless browser.
  2. Thorn

Thorn

Ditto
  3. nnjguy

nnjguy

AOL= training wheels for the internet. get rid of that dinosaur.
  4. Happy Hooker

Happy Hooker

Eeeek who is that K person?

Anyway, I am having a problem with posting from AOL AND IE!

Everytime I try to post it "times out" and I get signed out of UG. Its very frustrating because I have to log in all over again..

If you didnt want me to post anymore you just coulda told me.
  5. Kimmie

Kimmie

Yeah, I tell all men that.
    :rolleyes: ;)
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2003
  6. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

I haven't been able to post from AOL for about a year now. I always used AOL in the beginning because it was all I had. A few months later, I got a cable connection. One day I kept having to log in and wasn't able to post through AOL, so I went in through IE. when I saw Allen had moved the server, I decided to try it and it worked!
  7. BigMadM

BigMadM Linoleum

Dont fucking rub it in. Now you know why I have to keep closing aol and go elsewhere to post. I guess only the people allen and slinky like get to post on aol.
  8. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

I'm posting from AOL!
    I'm posting from AOL!

And you can't do it!!!
  9. BigMadM

BigMadM Linoleum

Are you talking about users or posters, because you never complain to me about size.(or is that a favorite line you tell everyone?)
  10. pjorourke

pjorourke Thinks he's Caesar's Wife

I use AOl as an ISP when I travel because its the easiest thing I have found for dialing in from different cities. However, I don't use any of the AOL feature. I just shrink it down and then use IE or my regular ***** program. I've never had any problem with any site this way.

BTW, I agree, AOL bites (and Time Warner got taken).
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2003
  11. Kimmie

Kimmie

Aol sucks so bad.

I only use it if my IE browser is acting up, which thankfully is rarely.

One problem I have with aol and UG is the size. Its too damn small.
  12. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Lot's of people can post from AOL - for a limitted time. I get mail everyday from folks who think they've been disabled because "all of a sudden" they can't post, etc. when they could before, and it's AOL.
  13. BigMadM

BigMadM Linoleum

I still cant. I try all the time.
  14. Allen

Allen Webmaster?

Nothing I did :) When I moved the board, I also upgraded it to the version that came out a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, posting from AOL still doesn't work for everyone.
  15. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

I don't know what Allen did, but I can post through AOL again!:)