Price vs. Cost?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by smileee, Dec 31, 2005.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. mikertmodbl

mikertmodbl banned

oh yeah
    oh yeah

last summer one of my indies gave me a birthday freebie

was fun

lotta fun
  2. tigerguy

tigerguy

Yes, I have factored in the time split between TS and the hanky panky time with MP. In reality, you only get 1/2 hr hanky panky unless you consider TS also happy time. So seeing agency/indies gets double the real time at about double the rate. Sorry, I can't find quality agency/indies at $$ but more like $$1/2 to $$$. So on the balance, you pay AMP and non-AMP about the same $ per real time. This is one reason but not the main reason why I rarely visit AMPs. I prefer to see agency/indies who I can converse with as a requirement of my GFE
  3. tomnyc31

tomnyc31

I find that the best deal (provided you don't prefer quantity over quality per se) is a longtime relationship with a limited number of independent SP's.
  4. onehopatrick

onehopatrick

for my money, always the indy/agency...more comfortable, no negotiations (you both know what you're there for)
  5. smileee

smileee

The other day I was trying to figure out which is really the best deal. Going to an indy/agency or an MP. I can go to an amp and hear Frank and Billy sing for .50 house fee for the hour and $1 donation. An indy/agency for the same performance is 2. Obviously a buck and half is less than 2, so on the surface it appears that the cost at an amp is cheaper. Then, I started to think. At an amp I get a body rub/massage on a table that lasts for a half hour. The other half hour I get what I came for (pardon the pun). So excluding the first part, the massage/body rub (maybe a ts depending upon the amp), the actual cost for the ½ hour performance is 1.50. If it were an rmp it would be far more. Now to the indy/agency. One gets a nice bed vs a table and usually down to business after a few minutes of small talk. In essence, it is 2 for the hour performance. The talent being equal or close, I am only looking at this objectively, meaning not the other amenities or lack thereof. So, I ask what is really the better deal or more bang for the buck, an amp or indy/agency????
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2005