Raising funds

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by UG Staff, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

one month countdown to our next fund raising drive. start saving your nickels now.
  2. Thorn

Thorn

P.S. in regard to this specific situation I would have tipped the dynamic duo if: 1) the session was approximately 30 minutes or longer or, 2) the service was so far and away above the norm as to place it in another catagory all together.

The reason is that the fee would be so low beyond regular rates that a tip would seem the right way to go. But #1 wouldn't apply to a 15 minute BJ, even by two providers, in a one after the other situation averaging $400/hr.

Perhaps it might qualify under #2, but I wasn't there so I couldn't say.
  3. Thorn

Thorn

Cab drivers, waitresses, etc work for extremely small wages that they do not set themselves. Those salaries would be below poverty level if not supplemented by tips.

I may very well, and have, tipped lower salaried agency women to thank them for service that was beyond standard. However, an independent provider who sets her own wage for the services she provides, and is her own boss, no. In fact, it was always considered something of an insult to tip such people.

I don't tip my I.C. plumber, or electrician. They set their fees and when I agree to pay them a contract is struck. For the same reason I wouldn't insult an independent provider, the manager of her own business, by insinuating though a tip that she is on the same business level as a salaried person.
  4. Thorn

Thorn

Dear Miki,

I've seen Ozzy mean.

Trust me. That isn't Ozzy being mean.

You don't want to see Ozzy being mean.
  5. Thorn

Thorn

This is not a shot, it is an attempt at constructive criticism. Please take it that way.

You are doing in your response exactly what Ozzy is addressing.

You intimate that to make, oh lets say a target of $1600, you would rather see four people a day at $400 than do the eight at $200 you imply Betty does to make the same mark.

Well, that is all very nice but there are enough people present who know the scene and compare prices paid, etc, and know precisely what you actually make per hour ["I get $400 but your special so I'll only charge you $200... but, shhhhh, don't tell anyone."], that insisting that your asking price [which I am sure you get once in awhile] is what you get most of the time. It fractures your credibility.

Sorry. I am not trying to offend. I am just trying to point out one reason you might get the occasional pot shot sent your way.

I continue to wish you well.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  6. Thorn

Thorn

An "enemies" list, as Nixon found out, doesn't really work and frequently can bite you in the ass.

Those that are your enemies already now it, and so does anyone else watching with anything on the ball.

Those that are your friends know it, and so does anyone else watching with anything on the ball.

Those who aren't on the ball really aren't the type that are going to care.

An enemies list only works if you are informing people outside the loop who are willing to take up the cause and effect, in some way, those on the list.

Other than that such a list is an exercise in futility.
  7. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

I am so sorry to hear that the tips were dissapointing from the business they received from the free ad they got here. Perhaps I should help out by not allowing free ads anymore. Those terrible guys didn't even say "thank you" for what they got. That's disgusting. I think that if someone got what they got and didn't say "thank you" that someone would be pissed off. Imagine how someone would feel who didn't get a tip, or any payment at all, nor even a thank you. But I guess certain people are simply entitled to things, and the purpose of other people is simply to provide things.

How fucking ironic for these complaints to be placed in this fucking thread. The whores place a free ad on my board, get a bunch of business, and then complain here about the results (not getting tipped), without anything resembling an acknowledgement that they received a benefit from this place.

Michelle, you and your friend can both go fuck yoursleves. You don't need to worry about "next time", because there's not going to be a "next time as far as UG is concerned".

I can not express how livid I am that two whores would hijack a very important issue/thread which deal with the very survival of this board. I guess I should not be shocked that two whores would simply take it as another opportunity to take cheap shots at the board and it's members, without the slightest hint that they receieved a benefit from this place. I'm going to try to cool off till tomorrow morning, but I'm sorely tempted to reinstate the rule that any women need to pay to be on this forum.

I cannot begin to express how offended I am by this crap.
  8. Michelle Aston

Michelle Aston

9. Ozzy

Ozzy

And I tip insanely well...
  10. Ozzy

Ozzy

Shame I'm not in NY.... I could go for a routine like that.

Didn't you have a thread here someplace?
  11. Michelle Aston

Michelle Aston

Lollypopper Responds to Licked One

You tip your cab driver, you tip the waitress, you tip the twin lusty lollypops even if they are cheap, because they were sexcellent. This is NYC, and it is a tipping city! This was not a money making venture for me, but a social experiment. To think that you did not tip me, a well known PSE cocksucker and my friend, but you tipped a dancer later on that night...yeah, you were thinking with your little head!

I learned a lot while I was waiting for my clients to show up. While I was forcing Gummi Bears to 69 each other and to bend down and suck their own cocks, I felt compassion for the ladies that charge what I what I was charging for that day. For the amount of screening, the back and forth phone calls and ******s, it really wasn't worth it, other than for a hot time.

Next experiment is going to be on a whole other level. (Michelle Aston eats more Gummi Bears) Stay tuned.
  12. Ozzy

Ozzy

Allot of what the guys get here in regards to info they can get most anywhere these days. Although the spa section and a few others are more valuable. But there isn't very much UTR or OTR pussy posted here that isn't already on CL, eros and other sources.

However..... The single largest audience in the NY area for Bettys or Miki's daily posts or any shills posts or traveling ho's posts..... will suddenly be gone.

Sort of like saying ho's would miss eros more than the men. Mens will always find sources for ho's, but ho's wont find GOOD advertising avenues as easy.

Of course we'll all miss the discussions that can't be had elsewhere evenly.

And look around.... There isn't a 13990 to 10 ratio of tricks to ho's.
  13. treborny

treborny

And they certainly were fun. I usually don't get tip worthy service so the thought isn't in my head. I certainly tipped enough at the clubs later that night. If the ladies do it again I'll be back in at a higher price point as well.
  14. SubmissiveAngel

SubmissiveAngel

(and yes, yes, yes, i have donated to UG more than once over the years - and not just haiku ;). if my opinion is worth a crap to you mean cheapskates, i favor the fund-raising system.)
  15. SubmissiveAngel

SubmissiveAngel

the point to my post was not to attack people who don't tip! obviously, there are different rules at different price points. i was just trying to emphasize why it might be difficult to draw in advertisers here. i bet the lollypops will try their next adventure at a high price-point, and see what is going on at that end of the UG market :)

ps. trebor, the ladies were in it for fun, and apparently they got it! but, honestly, if they had needed money, it would have been a tough gig.
  16. SubmissiveAngel

SubmissiveAngel

i don't know, oz. as far as i can make out, there are about 10 advertisers currently getting clients from UG, and approximately 13,990 readers visiting here to get something else, be it community or cheaper pussy.
  17. treborny

treborny

18. Ozzy

Ozzy

No, but it's kinda foolish to judge the populace here as a whole by the few who tipped for cheap service. btw... was there some sort of reverse review on the cheapskates I missed or were you one of the lollypop suckers?

I don't think too many tip more than 10 bucks at the typical asscon/dss/fstop for similar quickie service. And I'm certain most members of UG have never been to an asscon or its likes.

And I'd bet anything the cheapest tippers in the land can be found on craigslist.

You're also forgetting that the ho's who come here get so much more out of this place than the men. I'd imagine most tricks here could find allot of this info elsewhere if they wanted. Might not find the insightful discussion.... but numbers for booty calls are all over. The ho's here certainly stand to lose allot more should UG shut its doors.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  19. SubmissiveAngel

SubmissiveAngel

great new motto for UG: CHEAP SERVICE, CHEAP TIPS. but wait - that's attractive to the guys, but not the ladies. ...ohhhhhhhhh. maybe that's why ladies go elsewhere to advertise.
  20. Ozzy

Ozzy

I have tipped 10 bucks if I knew what the fuck was going on... Was this a show type deal with a bunch of guys or one guy and two suckers sharing the load?

But regardless... doesn't cheap service usually beget cheap tippers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.