Rather Puts CBS on Blast !!!

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and Entertainment' started by seeker6591, Jun 22, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

yea that is an interesting observation

sorta like jbr talking to jbr
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy

I don't get involved in the political thread anymore..... It took me a while but I finally realised its strictly for people who want to listen to themselves talk.
  3. scoochamenz1

scoochamenz1

no need to insult topo that way!!!!! lol
  4. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

that's hysterical.
    err since your the expert...ill would take the under side of that bet.

hard to believe what has happened to CBS News, once the premier news organization.

speaking of stupidity...did you happen to notice what is going on in the new WMD thread?
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

I'm just waiting on the Katie Couric fiasco at CBS..... She'll be canned in under 6 months. Whatever CBS dolt thought putting a human Topo-Gigio doll reporting serious world news was a good idea should be shot for utter stupidity.

Lines I've seen have her in the anchor chair for 14 months over-under. Take the under and run to the bank.
  6. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

well I agree with you.

but i also think that the star had faded, Rather resented it, and CBS could not orchestrate a graceful exit. I remember how gracefully they handled it with Cronkite. And of course his legacy remains untarnished, whether the public liked him or not.
  7. Ozzy

Ozzy

The trend of changing anchors was definitely heading Rathers way, but unlike Brokaw and Jennings (who it turns out left for health reasons)... Rather was a more self absorbed asshole who wasn't ready to leave for the good of the network and what he did with the Bush/National Guard fiasco was inexcusable for anyone representing a major network. That's the kind of shit you expect on an internet blog not network evening news and on CBS of all places. His history is also littered with other biased incidents and examples of yellow journalism.
  8. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

I agree with you.

but do you think it was all about putting him in a box or was it really about CBS needing a fresh face for the evening news as Rather's appeal had peaked quite some time ago ????
  9. Ozzy

Ozzy

He was the perfect example of media bias and yellow journalism. CBS was absolutely right in sticking him in a box and destroying his career the last two years. I heard they had a few choice words of their own about his departure but that they are also planning a special in the fall to salute his career. Fuck him! If I were president of CBS I'd kick him in his fucking ass and beg forgiveness of the viewing public for allowing such a shill on the airwaves under the guise of respectability. The guy was a disgrace to real journalists like Morrow and Cronkite who unfortunately he will now always be linked to.
  10. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

After a long and illustrious career 44 year, Dan Rather left CBS bitter and about $400 million richer. Hows that for gratitude ?