Real news from Iraq

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by justbill_redux, Jan 28, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

You can't wiggle your way out of that one Oz...you're busted
  2. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

I’m happy that you TIVO the SOTU and was able to watch it on what I assume is a large screen TV, I on the other hand had to make do with a 2 inch window on my 19inch LCD PC display with Windows Media Player providing the video playback. The reason I bring this up is because even with my 2 inch square viewing window I was able to see these tennie tiny figures clapping, I made out Joe Liberman with no problem, bottom right of the screen at 53:00 and I’m pretty sure I saw Hillary Clinton 3 or 4 rows back on the left wearing some sort of brown jacket, standing and clapping and this among a group of people who for the most part were standing and applauding the Presidents statement. BTW you do know that generally during the SOTU the parties sit on opposite sides of the aisle, it’s easier to identify where the applause is coming from. So why with a regular TV providing a larger screen you cant tell there was more then

clapping is beyond me. These are your words not mine. You said “not a single dem” that means zero. So just the fact that I saw and could identify Liebrman means you’re wrong.

I never said all or mostly all or any number. All I said was

“Them” no number, not 1 or 2 or 22, only “them”.

So tell me Ozzy whose the liar here ?
  3. lamont5123

lamont5123

Ozzy,

Give it up. You're long on curse words and insults but little else.

My posts are eloquent and make assertions which I back up with links.

You were wrong on soldiers dying in combat, you were wrong when claiming all I used were left wing Web site links. You were wrong when claiming I don't like Jews.

You are just wrong.

Actually, I do have a Marine son. But I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else.

You're not worth it.
  4. lamont5123

lamont5123

njbandit,

Talking about the war in Iraq often gets emotional because many people bring their biases to the fore.

And war itself makes the testosterone boil. A lot of men would never admit this, but they when they see their country's airforce bombing the hell out of someone who looks differently than they, it allows them to puff up their chest.

It's okay to talk about subjects like these.

However, it is never okay to descend to the level of a three-year old.

I've been talking about the Iraq War on countless forums and I always run into people who curse, threaten and just generally act like jerks simply because they lack an intelligent comeback.

You can always tell a person has run out of things to say when they start cursing.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

You mean on the live airing when the camera showed the dems for like two and the half seconds I'm supossed to count the clappers among about a hundred people. I paused and slow motioned my tivo to get an acurate a count as possible. I'd hardly call that lying.

Thats quite different than you going back and doing the same I did and stating the dems were all or mostly clapping. You lied not me.

Now I'm done here.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  6. njbandit

njbandit

Have to give all of you a lot of credit. In another forum that I am a member of, they shut down the politics section entirely, because too many members were acting like children, whining that they could never get along.
  7. justbill_redux

So 2 or 3 clapped yet in your original post you said
    Whose the liar?

Is that so, you know its a funny thing, I dont recall that, you know some lie I told on your PMB.
  8. Ozzy

Ozzy

A very wise man on this board once said its better to not ever discuss politics on a whore board... or perhaps any board. I'm gonna finally follow that wisdom.

Lamont... you're a liar. You've lied about most of your facts, you're lying about sending my post to your son (probably about even having a son in Iraq completely)... There's just no way you send that post unedited and someone other than you sees it as wishing harm to a soilder. There's also no way those soilders don't question the point I made that you support the means terrorist use of killing women and children along with GI's, which you made in post #126 of that Iraq thread. I'm very good at dissecting bullshit... I've done it in my business for years and it's always been my unique talent. You're a liar, your trail is a mile long and from the latest posts you've made you're definitely lying about the son and his comrades reading my post. I know it even it the rest here don't.

JB... I just rewatched that part of the speech on my TIVO and in the pan to the right of the chamber there were a "few" (like 2 or 3) who clapped... I'd estimate about 90% didn't. So you're lying now and if anyone has the SOU saved they can check it themselves, if not I'm willing to download it and post it to a site and link it here just to show you're a liar too.

Now you know why I tossed you from OS.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  9. justbill_redux

I must have been watching a different SOTU cause that’s a lie. Check http://www.whitehouse.g o v/stateoftheunion/2006/index.html# for the video

I watched a 2nd time, just to spare you the agony. That infamous line “Keeping America competitive requires affordable energy. And here we have a serious problem: America is addicted to oil, which is often imported from unstable parts of the world. The best way to break this addiction is through technology.” Comes at about 52:29 into his speech at 52:52 they cut away for the floor reaction at 53:00 they pan over to the Dem side and you can clearly see them clapping.

BTW this BS about cutting dependency on foreign oil isn’t just a Republican lie, the Democrats are guilty of it too, just not on the same grand scale. Remember Jimmy Carter installed solar panels on the WH roof, which your Saint Ronnie took down ASAP. Once the price of oil goes down this’ll blow over. Same as it ever was.

What universe are you living in, the Democrats couldn’t block a sink. The Republicans control both Houses of Congress, they can pass any fucking bill they want almost at will. The instances of Democrats crossing party lines to vote with the Republicans far outweighs the reverse.

Fell free to check for yourself.
    http://www.senate.g o v/pagelayout/legislative/a_three_sections_with_teasers/votes.htm
    http://clerk.house.g o v/legisAct/votes.html

Stop sniffing the glue.
  10. lamont5123

lamont5123

Okay, folks, here's my response to endless insults and questions about my intelligence.

The amazing thing about this poster’s rant is that many soldiers who’ve I’ve sent his post to came to the same conclusion that I did. That the above is what he actually wishes to happen.

Hmm, let’s see. I posted links from the Project for the New American Century’s own Web site which outlined plans 12 years in the making to invade Iraq, then Iran and then Syria. In another post, I used a link which showed the PNAC plan was remarkably similar to one put forth by Israel’s Likud Party.

Then I used a link from Department of Defense, which this poster ridiculed as a leftist Web site. Now, if the DOD is indeed a leftist Web site, then, gee I guess I am wrong. See posts #149 and #152 in the News about Iraq Elections thread if you think I am lying.

Now, as for me supporting al Qaeda, which this person claims, see Post #143 in the News about Iraq Elections thread.

Nowhere in any my posts I have said anything remotely ant-Semitic. Criticism of Israel’s policies is not ant-Semitic.

The above rant is certainly not placing me in the company of people who are believed tolerant. The way I took it, is he thinks I hate all Jews. And nothing could be farther from the truth. I admit I don't like Neo-Cons. But few Democrats do.

Remember, this is the guy who claimed that no U.S. soldiers had been killed in combat in Iraq. My response to him was rather illuminating in which I smashed his assertion to bits in Posts #58 and #93 in that same Iraq Elections thread.
  11. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

Very true, almost all the Koreans whores are from the South. They all seem to know each other too. Maybe that's why they all seem to act and perform almost exactly the same way.
  12. bushleaguer

bushleaguer The CDC

Well said. I long for a few third party candidates that can give the "big two" a run for their money. Well, I'm sure there have been many but they are marginalized ultimately because they don't have the funding to keep up with the dems and republicans. Sad to say, but it's all about money....and the corporations that both the republicans and democrats cater to have a lot of it.
  13. justbill_redux

See reply #75.
  14. justbill_redux

Dont think for 1 fucking iota you have any idea what I'm thinking.
  15. justbill_redux

Not gonna happen. You're still a fucking moron.
  16. its_mousey

its_mousey

This is undoubtedly true, but this is also the inevitable result of a country that is a two-party political system where the populace is predominantly politically apathetic. In the absence of any moderate political discourse, only the ones on the fringe are heard. This is in stark contrast w/Western Europe where there are multiple political parties and the general populace are more politically involved. The result is you have a myriad of political talkshows/radio/publications that span the political spectrum.

*Squeak!*
  17. its_mousey

its_mousey

I do believe that most (if not all) Korean (AMP) poontang is primarily a South Korean export. Unless of course, you've stumble across an AMP that stocks Pyonyang poontang - if that's the case, pls. do share those Commie cuties from the North! :)

*Squeak!*
  18. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Well said BL. My sentiments exactly.

People's posts are easily misconstrued by others and misinterpreted for the exact reasons you mention. This makes intelligent debate nearly impossible. A source of great frustration for me.
  19. bushleaguer

bushleaguer The CDC

I consider myself a liberal, and Lamont is not my spokesperson. I know what you meant, Ozzy.....that perhaps jb is embarrassed because he is speaking from the same general point of view as Lamont is. What I am merely pointing out is that there are differing views no matter what side you are speaking from.

This is one of the problems today - either people are perceived as a Rush Limbaugh listening/Sean Hannity worshipping conservative or an Air America listening/Michael Moore Disciple liberal. In other words, the extreme elements of both sides of the fence have been given the spotlight and, as a result, people think that they speak for all liberals/conservatives. I don't think anything could be farther from the truth....it's merely an erroneous conception that most people have.
  20. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Show me where I stated that I thought you wished his son ham.

Where did I slander you?

I don't think calling someone an anti-semitic cocksucker is the same as calling someone a Nazi, but it is still pretty serious.