Review: Dawn

Discussion in 'New York' started by Carl M, Jan 26, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Re: 'crossed wires'

[/B][/QUOTE]

i have no idea how i was able to (inadvertently, i might add) edit over what apparently was originally a post by brother Carl M. (see above post)

but, as similar as our writing styles happen to be, we are, nonetheless, not the same person. [/B][/QUO

Sure- my brother!! LOL! Should I let everyone know That Sister Dawn took me out for Lunch today on my Birthday. First time I ever had a provider do that. Im genuinely humbled my brother! Is this enough to qualify her for THE SILVER!
  2. guy catelli

guy catelli

thanks for the clarification, APM.

so, Carl M, my brother, what were you trying to say?
  3. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Guy,

You were not able to edit his post. The "edited by Guy Cattelli" is just his copying your edited post. note that in your post, at teh bottom, it says

------------------
    i hope this helps.

goyische guy

[Edited by guy catelli on 02-01-2001 at 07:32 PM]
    -----------------------

and in his post it says:

-----------------------

i hope this helps.

goyische guy

--------------------------------------------------------------------

See ? It's the same thing, not a "new edit".
  4. guy catelli

guy catelli

'crossed wires'

[Edited by guy catelli on 02-01-2001 at 07:32 PM] [/B][/QUOTE] [/B][/QUOTE]

i have no idea how i was able to (inadvertently, i might add) edit over what apparently was originally a post by brother Carl M. (see above post)

but, as similar as our writing styles happen to be, we are, nonetheless, not the same person.
  5. Carl M

Re: kaballah and bacallah

6. Ozzy

Ozzy

well dawn the livestock is a sticking point with the AMP.

but the veal is already taken.
  7. guy catelli

guy catelli

kaballah and bacallah

dear Dawn,

Alyssa and i already exchanged a number of emails about this awhile back. i have an update, which i hope you will pass along to her. of course, some discretion on my part is in order, as i'm sure you understand.

there is a certain Rabbi Berlin from Lvov in Lithuania who has a very small ultra-unorthodox congregation in Little Odessa.

although the Reb has hungry mouths to feed back in the old country, the congregation is also made up of immigrants who are poor themselves. so, the Reb makes ends meet, so to speak, by offering individualized tutoring to those with a hunger for kaballah, in which the Reb is an acknowledged authority.

naturally, the Reb at first taught in schools run by compatriots. but, unfortunately, there were some serious financial disappointments associated with these schools.

so, the Reb decided to go online and offer to be an independent tutor in kaballah.

most of the rest of us who have the english writing skills to post on asp-boards are at least the 2nd or 3rd generation to be born in this country. whereas, the Reb has only been here for two years. needless to say, the Reb has to have a literary editor for postings on the internet.

now, i speak from personal experience when i tell you that all editors have 'issues' of their own. and, the Reb was pretty much helpless to prevent the editor from picking fights with the writer's readers.

i questioned the Reb about this myself, since the Reb only wishes the best for everybody. the Reb told me that when asked, "why do this?", the editor says "it's just joking around".

i pointed out to the Reb that not everyone was laughing, and the Reb agreed that this was a problem.

not that it was my place to do so, but on a number of occasions i stressed to the Reb the importance of being disassociated from the editor's personal issues with the Reb's readers.

sooooo, it seems that there is now some sort of Solomonic compromise, whereby the editor, whose name is something like Vilna Shcmidt, posts using that name when addressing concerns that are the editor's and only the editor's.

i hope this helps.

goyische guy ;)

8. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

Re: never asked but.....

How about a ceiling fan....or a woven basket chair hanging from the ceiling with a pulley?
  9. LIDAWN

LIDAWN

never asked but.....

it would be my pleasure to serve you unless it involves livestock or moving vehicles over 150 mph on ground...
    and of course anything involving a trapeze bar.. grin wink.....
    HUGZZ love DAWN
    let me add sharp objects and kerosene to that list as well ok.. wink

[Edited by LIDAWN on 02-01-2001 at 05:03 PM]
  10. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

If Dawn wants Silver she's gonna have to do the same thing for me that Ozzy and frog had to do.......
  11. Carl M

You wanna swap- I"ll take your silver- better yet why dont you give Dawn your silver- she has provided high quality genuine posts or is this too sacriligious a thing and against the rules that govern UG! Let us all know my Bat head brother
  12. Ozzy

Ozzy

GC silver..........?

slinky, can i go back to bronze?
  13. guy catelli

guy catelli

follow-up in the news ...

like the Energizer Bunny, she just keeps getting better and better, imo: http://www.bigdoggie.net/newyork/posts/20457.html
  14. LIDAWN

LIDAWN

tbd and me..

i do not think you will find me trashed there..
    ALyssa and i both got tired of the pimp comments being made on her...
    As i responded there a week ago.. she is my friend and she was teaching me how to screen and renting me a web page space and link off her's.. she was not a pimp.
    I do not believe there will be trashing if there was i would be surprised she is a class act and i have no hard feeling in anyway with her nor she to i suspect.. it was a joint descion on both parts and i think we are having lunch tomorrow ..

so since it was an ammicable de nesting.. i think and hope all will continue... on a friendly basis.. as always
    I should like to respect all the ladies out here whether i know them or not... just a courtsey... i will never flame them or be rude it is not my nature...
    life moves on like it or not and we move from crawl to walk and on..
    Giddiup
    hugzz dawn
  15. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

Its unfortunate when anybody get's trashed on that board....and being trashed is underscored when lies are told. If truth is shared, so be it. There are some real sick girls controlling the boards over there.
  16. guy catelli

guy catelli

17. Carl M

My War Pig buddy- I tend to think Dawns genuine sincerity and thoughtfulness will definitely keep this negative situation to the bare minimum specifically on TBD. Here on UG I suspect she is already well respected!
  18. Ozzy

Ozzy

a small minority of.....ONE!

i see a brenda love situation all over again. lets see if they can deny this one......

btw anyone check over at tbd to see if it started?
  19. Carl M

Just to let you guys know I am a morning kinda guy and if its by the crack of Dawn all the better!! My Blizzard of OZ brother you know as well as me if she does get trashed on TBD its gonna be by a small minority, because believe me she will be defended by many!!
  20. Ozzy

Ozzy

she ain't on Alyssa site no more

i did ask if anyone wanted to bet on that . now how long before lovely dawn is trashed on TBD......

[Edited by Ozzy on 02-01-2001 at 06:59 AM]