Rising Sun

Discussion in 'Southern NJ/Eastern PA ( Philly, Allentown...)' started by paladin, Feb 24, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. has1

has1

RS was busted as another provider mentioned it and i had never heard of the place until i saw this thread..........
  2. paladin

paladin

English is a wonderful (yet confusing) language

since the topic of my message was the Rising Sun establishment, my reference to trying "there" two more time was meant to refer to that establishment, not da****. Obviously plain english can be ambiguous.

BTW Rising Sun was advertised in the City Paper. I saw the ad and stopped in on their 2nd day of operation. A couple of weeks later (after da*** was closed) i again tried Rising Sun and it was closed and I haven't seen any more ads either. i guess LE got the two of them at the same time... :(
  3. redleg609

redleg609

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

However, let us examine the last the second paragraph for clarity:

"On two occasions since Da**** was closed I tried there {my emphasis added} again." In English, American or otherwise, the "there" refers back to the last noun that can be a location. This noun is "Da Hill" not Rising Sun. The plain meaning of the sentence, whether our brave knight intended it or not, is: He tried to visit Da Hill on two occassions after it was closed. As there are no references to a specificly named location after Da Hill, all indirect references to locations are to Da Hill.

It certainly makes sense that Paladin was asking about Rising Sun. All of which goes to show, don't be quick to judge, lest ye be judged.
  4. fluidjazz

fluidjazz

and yet

with all the words that have past by, there still is no answer.
    I have not seen any advertisement for Rising Sun.
  5. Locointhecabeza

Locointhecabeza

I agree with Bucks. Looks like redleg's face is red now.
  6. Bucks_pa_guy

Bucks_pa_guy

Apparently your the one that's not reading redleg. He wasn't asking if Dahill was open. He was asking if the place on Rising sun was still open. Don't you feel silly? Now apologize! LOL
  7. redleg609

redleg609

Don't people read anymore?
  8. redleg609

redleg609

9. paladin

paladin

Shortly before Da**** was closed I discovered a new AMP just around the corner. I think it was called Rising Sun because of its location near the street with that name. There service was very nice and accomodating; but I like Da**** better.

On two occasions since Da**** was closed I tried there again. Each time there was no answer to repeated doorbell presses.

Does anyone know if this place is still in business? There was no "red sign" to indicate that L&E had got to them.