Robbery at Easton Therapy

Discussion in 'NJ/NY/CT Massage / Spa' started by gambino55us, Jan 15, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. teeduke

teeduke

Set off accidentally, huh?

I'd rather take my chances in an AMP without a silent alarm, thank you.

But seriously, AMPs or MPs should react to a hold-up the way any business would. Call the cops! Otherwise they make themselves sitting ducks for every banana-head who thinks they're defenseless.
  2. frank735

frank735

Re: hold up alarms?

The cops showing up unexpected with thier weapons draw could lead to unwanted consequences....especially if your weapon is also drawn.....
  3. lordruvane

lordruvane

hold up alarms?

doesnt anybody install silent hold up alarms anymore. ive worked at two differnt business were these were set off accidently and the cops were there in minutes with guns drawn. i think this is the most effective thing you could have installed in your establishment for a low cost.
  4. lordofthelings

lordofthelings

Easton Therapy

Easton Therapy is like McDonald's value meal. It's not caviar, but you can live on it. I think like the housing Market, there is a huge difference between the supply and demand side between the providers and the customers. Easton is no exception. It seems every Tom, Richard, and Harry knows about the place and try to get there for a value meal. I landed up there on Tuesday night (Yes, Tuesday night, can you believe it). Madame at the door told me 5 minutes .. 5 minutes for 1/2 hr. I could not wait any longer and left. On my way home from work, I decided to pay a visit and take a chance. Same Madame was there, and she remembered me. She made sure I paid right away, so that I won't leave. She told me the five minutes story again. This time, I did not have to wait for long. She made me sign a waiver to teh effect that I will not sue for any harm due to the harmful vapors from the Garlic breath from the provider. Okay, she did not make me sign any waiver, but every provider has a garlic breath, and I bet they are harmful.

The moral of the story, if you are looking for a good massage and a great bath on the table (I have no idea why they call it table shower), Easton is the Best Value in town!!!!

The Lord!
  5. capitan

capitan

AMP/MP Robberies

OK, I can see it now, Cappy is losing it....he is paranoid about being robbed at an amp.

--------------
    Not really.
    --------------

The original post in this sequence, is related the events at Easton Therapy in Somerset, NJ.

But what is important here, is that there is a good chance of a crime gang/ring operating in the central Jersey area at this time. For them, it's easy money with almost no resistance. This can happen ANYWHERE......and that's the point I want to make to my fellow UG members. Don't be paranoid about this, but be aware of the situation that is going down in the general area.

Straight ahead,
    Capy
  6. capitan

capitan

Frank,

Sorry I didn't see you reached silver....welcome to silver. UG is a great place for sure.

Straight ahead,
    Capy
  7. frank735

frank735

There's an addictive quality to this place...
  8. Casper

Casper

Frank WELCOME to Silver.
  9. capitan

capitan

Frank735,

Yeah, I looked at that also....very strange indeed. Who knows at this stage of the game....maybe these guys from Maryland are part of a hit and run operation that is hitting places outside of Maryland. Only a guess here. But for sure, it is very unusual to say the least.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that these guys are connected to the operation....just a hunch.

Straight ahead,
    Capy
  10. frank735

frank735

Whats worse?

Getting robbed at a MP, or having the place busted while you're there.

And not for nothing, what's a couple guys from MD doing in that neighborhood at midmight? Not to excuse the behavior of the criminals, but I can't imagine looking for a tug after 8 or 9pm.
  11. capitan

capitan

geuius,

You're right....minimal investments. But times are changing as they always have. So the cost of doing business will go up....but that's the real world that we live in. I don't like it and I suspect that you don't either....but that does not change the facts.

The simple reality is this.....a lot of customers are already nervous about going to their favorite AMP/MP in fear of an impending LE bust. But now, they have to worry about being robbed, taped up, beaten, or worse.

What do you think will happen to business at many of these places?

One thing is for sure....it's NOT going to go UP!

Not only that, but no body in the business wants all the publicity
    that will take place after a robbery. Newpaper stories, and maybe even TV, if there is a murder at the scene. Can you see this unfolding on the networks....you know how it works....hot stories make the headlines.

Straight ahead,
    Capy
  12. genius

genius

Great ideas. I'm sure if you or I were setting up such a cash business, we would do all these things. The thing is:
    These places are built with the fact that LE could shut them down at anytime - hence piece of crap massage tables made from nailed together 2X4's - i.e. minimal investments.

The girls are expendable - a couple get banged up, you get some more.

No easy answers.
  13. capitan

capitan

Another possibility......or suggestion.

Set up the business in a secure manner....security should be first and foremost.

1..Install outside cameras to oversee the parking area...and keep that on tape for at least 24 hours. Keep the taping equipement in a secure and out of sight area. Even phony cameras will do a lot to prevent crime. No one will know unless it's an inside operation.

2..Install electric buzzer security locks on the ouside door to your place.....no one gets in unless they are buzzed in.

3..Make sure that the entrance lobby area is secure. This means that there will be absulutely no entrance beyond the front door/lobby area unless it is permitted by those who are in charge of operations there at the time of entry.

4..Install bullet proof walls, doors, and window at the reception area. Make sure that these are STRONG and cannot be kicked down or shot down. Just follow what most banks have done in the past. Will this cost you some extra cash.......yes it will.......but consider the alternatives and what you may be up against....stolen money, a lot of cash....injuries to your own people on the property....injuries to clients, who can then sue you in court....yes, sue you in court.... for injuries sustained while on your property....they are there for a massage and were attacked and robbed/beaten because you did not provide adequate security/protection from this kind of element. You know how lawyers work! And, if you're deemed as an easy hit, they will be back for more!!!

5..Have a secure phone...wall, or cell, handy to call the cops. YES, THE COPS....you are running a legit massage business and are in the process of being robbed. Have the police number printed in large numbers for all of your personnel to see at the phone location....it is there for an emergency.

6..Lay down the ground rules for all to follow in the event of a robbery or attack. Make sure that all desk personnel know the drill, and will follow it to the letter.

7..OK, this has been a lot of shit to follow. No one wants to do this unless they have to. But consider your options in this day and age in the economy that we are in. See suggestion #4 above...it aint easy.

Straight ahead,
    Capy
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2003
  14. genius

genius

Just my opinion - if the SOB's have robbed other places, they have an idea of what kind of money to expect - give them $100 and they are going to knock the crap out of you until you tell them where the rest is. I have close knowledge of this (luckily not me but a partner).
    The best bet is to have on hand a thick wad of 20's and 10's and small (lots of small) bills so it looks like a lot of money and pray for the best.
    I assure you, it will be a lot cheaper and less painful than having your jaw wired and reconstructed and lots of plastic surgery.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2003
  15. capitan

capitan

genius,

My post consists of suggestions for a variable situation. I never said that they were absolutes to be followed to the letter.

In any real life situation as depicted by the description of the robberies, you have to play it out second by second. There are no absolutes. Everything changes second by second. It's ugly for everyone there at the time.

Pistol whipping can occur at the whim of the attacker for whatever reason....you cannot predict it. I still hold to saving the cash hidden, and keep only a small amount on hand at the desk.
    You cannot predict what is going through the mind of a desperate man with a gun is his hand and who is high at the same time. There are no easy answers here.......I wish there were.

Straight ahead,
    Capy
  16. teeduke

teeduke

Not for the faint of heart

Running or working in an AMP is not an easy way to make a buck. There are plenty of risks most of us hobbyists don't think much about.

For example, many times late at night I've gone to a new place only to find one attendant on duty. Kee-rist! There she is, someone 5' 2", 100 lbs soaking wet, plying a shadowing trade, alone in a room, often naked, with some stranger, who could be LE or some jerk robber or worse. This makes the midnight-to-morning shift in your local 711 look like a kindergarten picnic.

It's not an easy way to earn a buck. God bless them.
  17. jseah

jseah

or better yet....if they tried to rob that place (which was closed down by the FBI) that used to be frequented by off-duty cops all the time.
  18. genius

genius

Wouldnt it be great if these guys are standing there robbing the place just as LE bursts in to shut the place down.
  19. genius

genius

This one is a prescription for a pistol whipping. They are stupid - but not that stupid. Other advice items made a lot of sense.
  20. Richardrzhpippin

Richardrzhpippin

Repeat Performances?