Romance sub Rosa - What the F***?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by tomatch, Dec 10, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. jmcurry

jmcurry The Insider

Guy's new site blends his passion for intellectual discourse with his love for the hobby, which he affectionately refers to as "this thing of ours." Although I occasionally clashed with him on UG and TBD regarding intemperate remarks I believed he had made, he usually proceeded following what he thought were the best interests of the hobby. I also wondered why he abandoned UG. His controversial asides and literary references often stimulated provocative threads. I suppose he founded rsr to fulfill his desire to blend discussion of all of his interests. I have tried several times to access the site, but I have experience problems similar to Tomatch's. I keep returning to the opening menu.
  2. tomatch

tomatch

Thanks Bill, I guess that explains it.
    K.S. - I don't have a problem with what they're doing there - I was just extremely confused as to the point of that board. BTW it is very difficult to navigate the site and to find reviews. To each his own. Looks like the perfect place for Chloe anyway - her posts were always like that. I'll stick with UG.
  3. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

"I liked giving him crap."

Isn't that sort of like giving an Eskimo snow ?????
  4. K.S.

K.S.

I have no problem with it. It seems to make them happy. Since it is not meant to give you lotsa detailed reviews of who does greek or whatever, I don't see why it would bother you.

I miss GC, though. I liked giving him crap.
  5. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

The RSR Board isn't just about the hobby, it's kind of an artsy fartsy board with poetry and stuff like that.
  6. tomatch

tomatch

I remember there once was a guy on this board named Guy Catelli. I don't know anything about him or his history but seems like he aint on UG anymore. Well I still look at TBD sometimes and I see a review by him on Shivani Indian Princess. I click on the link and come across a website that he either runs or moderates called Romance sub Rosa (subtitle" This thing of ours") I'm thinking maybe this is another alternative to this, TBD,***, etc. but I can't make any sense of this site. Impossible to find any reviews. I do a search on a subject of interest to me and get caught in an endless loop of re-loading its homepage.

From the few rantings I see, all posted by Mr C. himself, they are these obscure, quasi-literary, pretentious references to nothing. I am an educated man (albeit a lousy typist sometimes). I understand much of the literary references but see no value in this site as a hobbyist. Surprisingly, there is a banner ad from Julie's as well as posts form her and other well versed providers such as Chloe. Can anyone tell we what's the deal with this site? What happened to Guy Catelli and UG? I recall some problems in the past with him, Tankcommander, EZRlove, and maybe others, but I don't know who's on who's side or what went down (maybe I'm confusing all these disputes anyway). Actually I don't care about that - reallly just more curious about this site. I'm hesitant to post the addy but WTF its www.r-s-r.org. I'm ceratinly not spamming for him.

Slink, if for whatever reason that's not cool I'll delete or revise this post. Like I said "What the f** is this site?" Who is this "Guy"?